Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But do they need to clear space for Durant? With the cap falling to $102 million it's a very small difference between what they can offer as a 35% of the cap max salary vs what they could using the Non Bird exception, it's like $1.75 million on the base salary and eithe way he's at 4.5% non-compounded raises. It seems like he could sign another 1+1 with the non Bird exception and then get 7.5% raises signing as Early Bird next summer, just like LeBron in Cleveland. I don't recall the Cavs ever dumping salary in the summer of 2015 to re-sign LeBron to that second year. Or am I wrong there? I mean they were massively over the cap in 2015-16.
    That's all assuming the owners don't write something into the rules to prevent that. Personally, I had no idea the non-Bird exception was that robust (as you might've known if you happened to be on before I deleted my initial reply last night). I think that's a huge hole the league could close this summer. Could also see the raising the cap holds of players like Curry to close the loophole that Warriors are trying to expose even more. If you had both Steph and KD at like $35 Million with Klay and Draymond, the youngsters and cap holds, they'd be completely capped out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't, not couldn't TBH.
    Thank you.

bull

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's all assuming the owners don't write something into the rules to prevent that. Personally, I had no idea the non-Bird exception was that robust (as you might've known if you happened to be on before I deleted my initial reply last night). I think that's a huge hole the league could close this summer. Could also see the raising the cap holds of players like Curry to close the loophole that Warriors are trying to expose even more. If you had both Steph and KD at like $35 Million with Klay and Draymond, the youngsters and cap holds, they'd be completely capped out.
    Yeah I was pretty surprised the Non Bird Exception was so good also until seeing it on Larry Coon's page last night. Looks like GSW did a solid for themselves in negotiating that into the CBA after they lost Arenas when there was nothing like that in the pre-2005 CBA.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really.

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Bend over, I'll make you feel a gap

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Good. By his own logic, he should be fired as both GM and coach if we don't make the Finals this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this the clown wanted to sign KG, lol trying to revive his coachin career

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you.

bull
    Only quitters and excuse makers differentiate between the two. If they could have they would have. Whatever prevented it meant they couldn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure it is. See my explanation above.

Thread Information