Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perhaps different, but not by that much of a long shot. Keep in mind that when he came to San Antonio...sure, Golden State had just come off of a le, but that was hardly a blowout. , Lebron and the Cavs B-team managed to push them to 6 games.

Nobody knew then that the Warriors would be a historic 73-win team. They also weren't a lock to make the Finals again, considering they almost (and probably SHOULD have) gotten knocked out by the Thunder after going down 1-3.

Everything seems clear in hindsight, but when the season started....the Spurs with newly-acquired LMA, DPOY Kawhi, Duncan, Manu, Parker, Green, and West looked like just as much of a super-team as Golden State was at that point, and they were pretty much 1A and 1B the entire season. That's why the playoffs are a different beast entirely, as evidenced by OKC's upset of SA, GSW's upset of OKC, and CLE's upset of GSW.

The fact that West gave up 11M to come to SA for a le-shot, when he could have had a spot in GSW for similar money, shows that he apparently felt the same way.

Don't get me wrong...I do believe that anybody flocking to GSW now for an easy ring is a beta move, just as it was when all the veterans were flocking to Miami to play with Lebron. Then again, when you've been in the league for 10+ years and haven't even sniffed the Finals...who can really blame him, especially as a role player?

But let's not pretend like anybody outside of San Antonio didn't think the same thing when he came to the Spurs. To be honest, it's kind of on the Spurs (West included) for not being able to deliver.
    Primarily because of age, those Spurs didn't look like these Warriors and the state of the league was different. Many actually thought 6 teams (Rockets) had a legit chance. Right now, many think 2 do.

Obviously, I can't speak for West, but I think he thought they probably had a similar chance and that all things being equal, he'd rather be a Spur.

The Heat were different too. James's and Wade's games were always an awkward fit, Wade was past his prime after '11 and between the Spurs and Thunder, they were never favorites to the extent the Warriors are.

The premise is the same, but the situation is totally different and if he had picked the Warriors in '15, Durant signed with the Spurs and he jumped ship, I'd be saying the same thing.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    lmao you guys were happy when he chased a ring with spurs but mad about him joining the best team in the league for a ring???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With west on GS, that's a good thing for us. I hope no one here is upset that defenseless er is gone

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Eh, he stupidly joined a team with Lamarcus Aldridge in an attempt to win a ring

Can't blame him for giving it another shot after giving up all that money..he made the logical choice by joining the Warriors and the best leader in the NBA(Draymond), tbh..
    Best leader in the NBA got baited by LeBron into a grade-school scuffle on the biggest stage a year after being benched in favor of David Lee.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't read any of this thread, so apologies if it's been asked already, but if he couldn't pass up the opportunity to play with Kevin Durant, then how the did he agree to sign with them while Durant's team was still alive in the playoffs? Signs point to the fact that David West is a ing idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol... shut the up you wet gots... lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao you guys were happy when he chased a ring with spurs but mad about him joining the best team in the league for a ring???
    He didn't join the Cavs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bandwagoner recognizes bandwagoner

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Loser never fit anyway. If it were someone more valuable I'd be pissed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he wants to give up money to chase a ring, good for him. He'd be a damn fool to do it anywhere but GS or Cleveland. I don't give a about that part.

But for the record, West didn't decline his player option until June 13 - a full month after he says they contacted him. If he's telling the truth, then it was tampering. If he just made up that would cause his (new) team a problem, then we didn't need his dumb ass hanging around here anyway.

If the league doesn't want to enforce it's own rule, they should get rid of it. If they want to selectively enforce their own rule, they're putting themselves in the same category as the WWF. The Rockets got a big-assed fine a few years ago for publishing scouting reports on free agents. Not that a fine is any big deal to these owners.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He joined the Cavs? I thought he joined GSW? You know the team that won all those RS games only to blow a 3-1 lead in the Finals.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He joined the Cavs? I thought he joined GSW? You know the team that won all those RS games only to blow a 3-1 lead in the Finals.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he and Durant have said what they've said, why isn't the NBA looking into it?

If they find out they were tapering, then I think the Warriors need to lose draft picks and fined. That should satisfy a lot of the owners that were pissed about them getting a top 5 player after finishing with the best regular season record in NBA history.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he and Durant have said what they've said, why isn't the NBA looking into it?

If they find out they were tapering, then I think the Warriors need to lose draft picks and fined. That should satisfy a lot of the owners that were pissed about them getting a top 5 player after finishing with the best regular season record in NBA history.

What Durant did isn't a problem. It's only tampering if you try to influence a player who is under contract to another team. Durant didn't contact West until after West had declined his player option. That was after Durant had a deal with GSW, which was after the moratorium. It's the comment about the Warriors talking to him within days of the Spurs' last game. I don't see any way around that being tampering. It doesn't matter if they went through his agent, it's tampering. Like I said, if they don't want to enforce their own rules, or want to enforce it selectively, they need to get rid of the rule.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm gonna if West tears an ACL tbh.. desperate mother er wouldn't even care though, he'd still get a ring

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good luck to GSW with DWest. (not!) look who was getting that block and who was standing arms wide open ... (would not have grabbed the board if that didn't go in either).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did this sorry ass get cut from GS or something?

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably GSW signed him to get Spurs' corporate knowledge

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did this sorry ass get cut from GS or something?
    Nah he has an injury.

Meanwhile, the Warriors are beating the Clippers by 40+, when the Spurs couldn't beat them at all.... Warriors will destroy the Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors game is boring. It was over by the half. NBA ratings are going to suck. Last week was a good game. The one tonight was a slaughter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Paul, Mills, Danny, an Ginobili doesn't come to play, we don't stand a chance. I can honestly see why everyone has already put them in the finals. Today was the 1st time i actually felt no one has a chance to beat them. But still..... KD!!!! That nicca is dumpsta juice. I dislike this poohcey more than any weak nicca I've ever had disliked...

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah he has an injury.

Meanwhile, the Warriors are beating the Clippers by 40+, when the Spurs couldn't beat them at all.... Warriors will destroy the Spurs.
    did ya miss the season opener?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    did ya miss the season opener?
    obviously they did. The ONLY way we lose to them in a series is is Poopovich starts his bull . GS seems to be the only team he actually coaches to win against. Everyone else it seems as if he's point shaving.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Paul, Mills, Danny, an Ginobili doesn't come to play, we don't stand a chance. I can honestly see why everyone has already put them in the finals. Today was the 1st time i actually felt no one has a chance to beat them. But still..... KD!!!! That nicca is dumpsta juice. I dislike this poohcey more than any weak nicca I've ever had disliked...
    KD is a . I have never had any respect for him especially when he went on a jealous rant against Kawhi after Kawhi had won Finals MVP. In general I don't respect passive aggressive people and Durant falls in that category. The guy did not have the balls to speak up and admit it while he was in OKC that he didn't like playing with Westbrook. Instead Durant would suck up to Westbrook and say stupid like "I need him to take all of shots and if he's not taking enough shots I get frustrated" but then would whine and cry behind close doors that Russ was a ball hog. His passive aggressive personality is the reason why Draymond has been able to become his new father. That's one thing I do find funny how Draymond owns Kevin and it's very evident by the way he talks down to him during games. If he win's the le this year it will be hollow and I don't see his legacy improving by that much. He will never be in the same pantheon of greats as Lebron,Duncan,Shaq and even Kobe.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, the Warriors must really hate the Clippers. They seem to give them some big time beatdowns, especially so after that smack that the Clippers talked about the Warriors after they won it in 2015. I think the Clippers were jealous and thought since they beat the Warriors in the 2014 playoffs that they could beat them whenever they wanted to. They choked against Houston, so it's their own fault as they very well could have beaten the Warriors in 2015 playoffs if they didn't choke against the Rockets.

Big mistake, since the Warriors don't forget any slight as they seem to use it as bulletin board material.

Thread Information