My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...ant-aggressive

I just want to be the guy in the background! Can we win without me? Coach! I wouldn't mind coming off the bench... I mean, you know, if you think that would help the team.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Christ-a-mighty, I thought it was Kobe for a split second.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Normal reaction. I don't blame you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just like people think of Ali when they see boxing or Pele when they see football, we think of Kobe when we see beta.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just like people think of Ali when they see boxing or Pele when they see football, we think of Kobe when we see beta.
    He said it. Now he has to own it. Kobe means Beta in his brain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Warriors are going to be the most deadly scoring team in the history of the NBA. There's no way you could stop them if they ran the SSOL. They'd score 200 a game. If they try to settle down and make Durant a post up guy that could be bad for them. If you don't want KD taking shots you're an idiot (unless you're on the other team).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Warriors are going to be the most deadly scoring team in the history of the NBA. There's no way you could stop them if they ran the SSOL. They'd score 200 a game. If they try to settle down and make Durant a post up guy that could be bad for them. If you don't want KD taking shots you're an idiot (unless you're on the other team).
    You speak correct. I direct the attention more to the psyche of said new acquisition to this most deadly of teams.
    This guy is Uber-Beta and the stress of the bright lights gets to him. The guy becomes a TO machine, sorry, he practically turns into Richard Jefferson and becomes his opponent's best friend.

Oh yeah, Thread thinks Kobe's a Beta. Effing 1st reply in this Thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I called Durant out in the post season as being one who doesn't want spotlight and coachmac87 scoffed at it. Durant allowed that little pigmy in OKC to run him off his own team, and he's going to collect his money and soak up the shadow while having almost zero pressure to perform, just as I said. He'll probably even get a ring for his effort.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I called Durant out in the post season as being one who doesn't want spotlight and coachmac87 scoffed at it. Durant allowed that little pigmy in OKC to run him off his own team, and he's going to collect his money and soak up the shadow while having almost zero pressure to perform, just as I said. He'll probably even get a ring for his effort.
    While his team is already stressing to him to shoot and eat more? Before a preseason game has yet to be played? No, my friend. The spotlight will be on him the hottest when it counts and he will feel it... burning... tearing away his flesh... He's about to put his hand in the box.

Edit: Sorry bud, let me clarify- this team is going to give this guy the ball in the Big Moments and they are prepping him for it. He will wilt.

Now the bigger issue is getting that damn team into that Big Moment. It may never come...

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    How so? Kobe was nowhere near good enough to be a beta. He was an omega.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How so? Kobe was nowhere near good enough to be a beta.
    Thread was just being generous. C'mon man! Give him credit for being a nice guy, for once!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While his team is already stressing to him to shoot and eat more? Before a preseason game has yet to be played? No, my friend. The spotlight will be on him the hottest when it counts and he will feel it... burning... tearing away his flesh... He's about to put his hand in the box.

Edit: Sorry bud, let me clarify- this team is going to give this guy the ball in the Big Moments and they are prepping him for it. He will wilt.

Now the bigger issue is getting that damn team into that Big Moment. It may never come...
    No. The Warriors have the MVP, DPOY runner up and the 3pt champ. KD will get a free pass this year. Nothing will be his fault, it will be "growing pains" and "learning curves" and "finding where he fits in". "We need him to be aggressive every time he touches the ball" will be the statement by players and coaches, but if he doesn't do that, media will write if off as just growing pains. They'll cite the Heat in Lebron's first year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. The Warriors have the MVP, DPOY runner up and the 3pt champ. KD will get a free pass this year.
    You got the odds and logic on your side. I know it. No argument on that. But KD, in the End, will not get a free pass on anything.
    Even if they win, it will be "Was it because of KD?". And will it be? I will be shocked, if it were.

Even if they win, the media will latch on to more succulent stories like: KD Leached the Right Team, or: KD Wilts, the Warriors Bloom.

Oh yes, even if they do win, I will enjoy reading some interesting commentaries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. The Warriors have the MVP, DPOY runner up and the 3pt champ. KD will get a free pass this year. Nothing will be his fault, it will be "growing pains" and "learning curves" and "finding where he fits in". "We need him to be aggressive every time he touches the ball" will be the statement by players and coaches, but if he doesn't do that, media will write if off as just growing pains. They'll cite the Heat in Lebron's first year.
    I already discounted your edited post with mine above. The media likes to stir, not row. You know that. And already KD is being acknowledged as a "villain". That won't change and the more the Warriors succeed and show "'tude", the more it will be shown now. The tide shifted from that team a while ago.

There will be pity parties and encouraging pieces from the locals and maybe there will be a small groundswell of support, but that will be squashed by the playoffs.
    We'd all rather tear them down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before I hit the sack... I just want to send a daily refresher: Thread broke down today. He admitted it all and said the first thought that comes to his head is Kobe=Beta. Shock and aneurysm apparently occurred and 411 was called, but they didn't give a and referred the caller to an animal shelter.

This is now a done deal. Thread is now in the corner of Kobe=Beta.

Such a beautiful soul... Finally seeing the light.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Before I hit the sack... I just want to send a daily refresher: Thread broke down today. He admitted it all and said the first thought that comes to his head is Kobe=Beta. Shock and aneurysm apparently occurred and 411 was called, but they didn't give a and referred the caller to an animal shelter.

This is now a done deal. Thread is now in the corner of Kobe=Beta.

Such a beautiful soul... Finally seeing the light.
    They were selling your .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were selling your .
    Uh huh, and you believe in your heart of hearts that Kobe has always been a Beta player.
    Coo coo cah choo, Mr Robinson.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Uh huh, and you believe in your heart of hearts that Kobe has always been a Beta player.
    Coo coo cah choo, Mr Robinson.
    They were selling your .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were selling your .
    Awesome and you admitted that Kobe = Beta.
    Now Reply to me with one of you parrot replies. lol

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Culburn got got again..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Culburn got got again..
    They were selling your .

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Awesome and you admitted that Kobe = Beta.
    Now Reply to me with one of you parrot replies. lol
    They were selling your .

Thread Information