hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I happened upon a youtube video of some apparently-well-known british guy trying out Civ 6 and I was pleasantly surprised. Appears quite a bit deeper than Civ 5 and everything new looks like an improvement to me. can't wait to DL this next year after all the patches have fixed most of the problems

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really hoping the city customization is all it's cracked up to be. Could be the best game in the series, but both IV and V were pretty terrible before expansions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its out today. Gonna download and try it out tonight. Need lots of redbull, a lil vodka and a bit of mota for this allnighter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What d ? No controller support eventhough they sell this bundled with d steam controller? Graphics look crap so far they made em look like cartoons. Terrible start so far

The intro is good but also cartoonish.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What d ? No controller support eventhough they sell this bundled with d steam controller? Graphics look crap so far they made em look like cartoons. Terrible start so far

The intro is good but also cartoonish.
    That's re ed about the Steam controller being bundled. I can't imagine playing a game like Civ with a controller though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How Else can I play in front of my 65" ultra hd tv?

This is ed. I might just buy fifa 17 to make up for it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The music and sound is ing great so far thou

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How Else can I play in front of my 65" ultra hd tv?

This is ed. I might just buy fifa 17 to make up for it
    Wireless mouse and keyboard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wireless mouse and keyboard
    I know. But u need a chair and table as well. Cant just play sitting on d couch imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's re ed about the Steam controller being bundled. I can't imagine playing a game like Civ with a controller though.
    My bad. Apparently d steam controller can emulate mouse and . But most ppl say its a poor experience with a civ gamep

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Omg u still cannot rotate the POV in this game. WTF???

This game is like the 2016 elections......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they're adding controller support soon. Should be pretty easy to play with a steam controller.

I actually like the art style. I prefer more realism, but the new map is absolutely glorious.

Also REALLY liking the district design of cities. Gives a lot more weight to early planning and makes the gameplay more intricate as well.

Overall looks like a marginal step forward from the amazing Civ V. Some work needs to be done but Civ IV and V were in a broken state on release. This looks to have a lot more depth from the get go, especially if the AI gets patched a bit here and there.

Omg u still cannot rotate the POV in this game. WTF???
    It's a turned based strategy game. Why would you need that? You can see everything from the same perspective.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they're adding controller support soon. Should be pretty easy to play with a steam controller.

I actually like the art style. I prefer more realism, but the new map is absolutely glorious.

Also REALLY liking the district design of cities. Gives a lot more weight to early planning and makes the gameplay more intricate as well.

Overall looks like a marginal step forward from the amazing Civ V. Some work needs to be done but Civ IV and V were in a broken state on release. This looks to have a lot more depth from the get go, especially if the AI gets patched a bit here and there.

It's a turned based strategy game. Why would you need that? You can see everything from the same perspective.
    Its the year 2016. If I want to rotate the POV I should be able to. Its not like d civ 6 graphics are anything great to be constricted from a true 3d tbh

Still havent played much to say anything about d gameplay

So far
    Pluses: music, menus
    Cons: antiquated graphics. Controls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're playing Civ for graphics, you're already doing it wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're playing Civ for graphics, you're already doing it wrong.
    1995 called and wants its graphics point of view back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1995 called and wants its graphics point of view back
    It serves no purpose. There's nothing to be gained by altering the point of view. The entire game is designed around strategy, not graphical prowess.

I'd much rather the staff at Firaxis spend their time improving the gameplay than burning resources on something that doesn't matter and <1% of their fans are concerned about. You are the first person I have ever heard to criticize Civ on not having a rotatable point of view.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like changing the POV to get different prespective of the play map tbqh. Helps a lot.

Been playing for 30 mins. Looks like they did away with needing to work tiles with crucial resources, did away with city states and workers can only build 3 things and then they die

Oh and they have trade caravans than run trades throughout the game. And they have a complex policy tree
    Now. Liking all these changes so far.

And the UI is ing top notch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Likimg this game now folks. Finally put in a good 2 hours.

Also setup game streaming on steam so I can play on my Surface Book :]

This game has potential:

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    year 1200 and in industrial age becuase i focused solely on science...

have no production and taking forever to build districts. i'm going to get boned any second....seems like science isn't such a hot route this time around...

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can't get into it, started 2 games so far, seems like I can't get anything done, even though I was ranked #1 in productivity in one of 'em. doesn't make sense that it would take so long to build these buildings eons after researching them. every single research and culture advancement is: "so what? I won't be able to build that in forever"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah sounds like you need a massive number of cities to progress in his game. You first need to build the damn districts before building anything. And the limited number of Great Persons kinda sucks. Basically the first civ to get a certain great person will have a monopoly on that type of persons.

Thread Information