WTF

More trash teams

They didnt learn from the latest Euro

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    Juventus FC
    Post Count
    This official?

This official? ing groce if true. 40 teams is acceptable, but 48..

The qualifiers is obe of the most exciting football to watch...it fills the void of no world cup for 3 years...

But with 48 teams...what's the ing point!

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    The World Cup is perfect as it is. ing gold digging bas s. They will end up ing up their gold mine.

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    WTF

More trash teams

They didnt learn from the latest Euro
    Portugal, Wales, Iceland

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    It is not official, it will be discussed Oct 13th and decision should be taken next year.

Project is defended by Infantino who wants like 32 teams directly qualified and more 16 qualified through elimination games or some and a WC organized by at least two countries...

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    This official? ing groce if true. 40 teams is acceptable, but 48..

The qualifiers is obe of the most exciting football to watch...it fills the void of no world cup for 3 years...

But with 48 teams...what's the ing point!
    There is indeed another project of 40 teams too

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    more games between NTs ... what's wrong with that tbh? sure these FIFA s are trying to maximize the revenue but it'd be actually great to have more teams tbh.
    1. We get to see good players with countries like penaldo / bale / etc.
    2. We might get local rivalries with non elite but decent teams: serbia - croatia, russia-ukraine, nigeria-cameroon, china-japan, germany-austria, uruguay-paraguay.
    3. It's going to be tougher to win such a cup because any extra game decreases the chance to win.
    4. We can get crazy upsets like icyland vs england so we can talk trash to these gots even 50 years from now.
    5. Imo many quality teams don't make the world cup : e.g. ukraine, serbia, cameroon, denmark, paraguy, scotland,
    6. we get to see funny matches like iran-usa saudi arabia-russia south korea - best korea

imo the qualifiers will decide seeding, which is still a big deal, you don't want to get ed in the ass by a germany-italy-ghana-argentina group for example, and could also decide how much money the federation gets (quite relevant tbh).
    Actually this is a good idea, I know that I am in minority on this one but you s will warm up to it in time tbh.

Also a longer world cup means less stress at work because nobody gives a during the WC ..

more games between NTs ... what's wrong with that tbh? sure these FIFA s are trying to maximize the revenue but it'd be actually great to have more teams tbh.
    1. We get to see good players with countries like penaldo / bale / etc.
    2. We might get local rivalries with non elite but decent teams: serbia - croatia, russia-ukraine, nigeria-cameroon, china-japan, germany-austria, uruguay-paraguay.
    3. It's going to be tougher to win such a cup because any extra game decreases the chance to win.
    4. We can get crazy upsets like icyland vs england so we can talk trash to these gots even 50 years from now.
    5. Imo many quality teams don't make the world cup : e.g. ukraine, serbia, cameroon, denmark, paraguy, scotland,
    6. we get to see funny matches like iran-usa saudi arabia-russia south korea - best korea

imo the qualifiers will decide seeding, which is still a big deal, you don't want to get ed in the ass by a germany-italy-ghana-argentina group for example, and could also decide how much money the federation gets (quite relevant tbh).
    Actually this is a good idea, I know that I am in minority on this one but you s will warm up to it in time tbh.
    It ruins the whole suspense of qualifiers...Seriously, the qualifiers are just as suspenseful as the world cup...48 teams kills the whole thing.

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    Also a longer world cup means less stress at work because nobody gives a during the WC ..
    this tbh

I could see this being a one-off event like Copa centenario (so it would be held in 2030)..America is probably the only country that can host it alone (a 48-team WC), but they might give a token participation to Canada in that case....

France-Germany/Japan-South Korea, maybe Spain-Portugal are the only logical joint-bid of two countries capable of doing it..Otherwise it is going to take 3 or more countries to cover this .meh..

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    I could see this being a one-off event like Copa centenario (so it would be held in 2030)..America is probably the only country that can host it alone (a 48-team WC), but they might give a token participation to Canada in that case....

France-Germany/Japan-South Korea, maybe Spain-Portugal are the only logical joint-bid of two countries capable of doing it..Otherwise it is going to take 3 or more countries to cover this .meh..
    son, there are many countries that can do it alone. And these countries have MUCH more to give you than a large piece of land filled with gang bangers and fascist police. It's the reason I couldn't enjoy brasil, so many thiefs, gangs, and . That's no way to organize a world cup tbh. Friends of mine got home scared, running away from crowds wanting to burn down.

Any of italy/germany/spain/england/france/japan/argentina+chile/japan+south korea/sweden+denmark+norway/ belgium+netherlands are a better fit for such an event. You get to see football, culture, great food, safe streets, friendly atmosphere ... it'd be great. Seriously, why organize a footballing compe ion in the US? To get the most boring, plain, furthest away form the real fans, over priced compe ion? no thanks son.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    48 teams allowing kents like china and those arab countries in cause they cant qualify, and they are the ones with money...

instead of automatic qualification, why not get them to pay for a spot...

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    48 teams allowing kents like china and those arab countries in cause they cant qualify, and they are the ones with money...

instead of automatic qualification, why not get them to pay for a spot...
    because the world cup isn't only about football but also about countries. I'd like to see usa-china, iran-saudi arabia, india-pakistan, palestine-israel, usa-vietnam, north korea-japan, . Such weak teams will get trashed by the other sides but will get the up for some matchups. I'd bet you india/pakistan would give england a run for their money. It will also make the game more popular, netting more talent in the long run.

Also countries on bad rolls might still make a lower seed: like chile right now, netherlands for the previous euro.

And imo qualifiers are boring anyhow, just a lot of "strategic" games or crazy lopsided conferences/groups.

Y'all s fail to see the advantages here, these ggots are actually doing good with their greed for once

son, there are many countries that can do it alone. And these countries have MUCH more to give you than a large piece of land filled with gang bangers and fascist police. It's the reason I couldn't enjoy brasil, so many thiefs, gangs, and . That's no way to organize a world cup tbh. Friends of mine got home scared, running away from crowds wanting to burn down.

Any of italy/germany/spain/england/france/japan/argentina+chile/japan+south korea/sweden+denmark+norway/ belgium+netherlands are a better fit for such an event. You get to see football, culture, great food, safe streets, friendly atmosphere ... it'd be great. Seriously, why organize a footballing compe ion in the US? To get the most boring, plain, furthest away form the real fans, over priced compe ion? no thanks son.
    America has a population of over 320 million. That's not including illegals..in truth, its probably closer to 340 million.

That's almost as much as four of the countries combined..in that big of a population, its a given its going to create a football like atmosphere.

US is one of the most populated countries in the world. Its really the perfect place to host a world cup.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    America has a population of over 320 million. That's not including illegals..in truth, its probably closer to 340 million.

That's almost as much as four of the countries combined..in that big of a population, its a given its going to create a football like atmosphere.

US is one of the most populated countries in the world. Its really the perfect place to host a world cup.
    why not china then? you know why? because a world cup needs a footballing culture, not a "what-is-the-next-bandwagon?" culture. A world cup in germany is like eating a great traditional duck meal and a pure german beer in a classy 150 year old joint ... a world cup in america is like eating some regurgitated at mcdonalds served by some non-english speaking gooks. You know it and I know it and this whole forum knows it.

A world cup in argentina with its footballing culture and history and its demented fans would be awesome.
    A world cup in germany where everything will go smooth as butter and all the knowledgeable euro fans will be present will be great (2006)
    A world cup in england will bring the and meltdowns. Winning in england would be great tbh.
    A world cup in italy would be amazing, such a beautiful country and probably the most crazed fans in europe.
    A world cup in spain would be a great vacation place in the country where the best football in the world is played.
    A world cup in france would a nice cozy, middle-of-europe place with great food, great women, safety, funny meltdowns .. like this euro.
    A world cup in belgium/netherlands would be a combination of england and france.
    A world cup in scandinavia would be safest, most family friendly world cup in the history of world cups. I'd let my 14 year old cousin to go with his class tbh.

All these places have a deep footballing culture, great cuisine, long traditions, beautiful architecture, safer than the us (us police and drunk wc fans .. um.. yeah), with true fans with a deep football understanding and commitment. Also all these places have really short travel times, so you don't have to always be on the run and because of this you can enjoy your stay. Even brasil (horrible place to organize the world cup tbh, with all the problems they've got right now) got this right because their population is clustered around the sao-paulo-curitiba-belo horizonte-rio-recife-brasilia area, where most of the matches took place.

Even a world cup in russia is better than the us because it's cheap as and it will be safe (putin isn't going to screw this up, if you read euro news he is already putting the word that any russians who misbehave will probably see gulag work as a vacation in comparison to what they'll get you don't with the man in russia tbh). Getting drunk russian style is also alluring

Really, do you think the footballing world would organize their centenario in a place so void of football culture and fandom like the us? I understand south america is corrupted as but europe won't buy this .

China has a pretty decent footballing culture. It's their number one team sport.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    Juventus FC
    Post Count
    The USofGay has the best stadiums, by far.. but the atmosphere will be bad tbh, ESPECIALLY if they expand it to 48 countries and you have muslims traveling here. Them scared white evangelicals might do something re ed, it'll be like Russia-England at the Euros

Not to mention the stadiums will be <20% filled for a majority of the time.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    The USofGay has the best stadiums, by far.. but the atmosphere will be bad tbh, ESPECIALLY if they expand it to 48 countries and you have muslims traveling here. Them scared white evangelicals might do something re ed, it'll be like Russia-England at the Euros

Not to mention the stadiums will be <20% filled for a majority of the time.

usa has the biggest stadiums, not the best imo. The best stadiums are the ones that are either specially tailored for football , where the spectators sit 3m away from the sideline, the exits are specially created to separate spectator groups, etc .. or the ones with enormous history like olympico, camp nou, bernabeu, allianz arena, maracana, monumental, etc. Playing a game at kansas "american football with six pack joe" vs playing a game at camp nou ? What americans really FAIL to understand is that you can't buy tradition and fandom and you also can't create them in such a superficial society.

Frankly I would be scared to go to a world cup in the us because I'd probably have to fly all the time between cities thousands of miles apart with a million reservations instead of just chilling and travelling 5 hours every 3-4 days, the police would probably take me for some nazi because I'm tall white and speak with a real german accent and search/strip/rob me, s everywhere doing things, mexicans pretending to be eurpean just to rob you, whole crowds of crazy protesters/looters for black lives matters/occupy wall street/women rights/dog rights/trump/elections or whatever other histeria is popular right now and will make ZERO change. Not to mention going to a game and having 3/4 of the spectators some fat 'mericans bandwagoning germany. I just don't see it happening tbh, too much can go wrong. And I'm not turkish, or russian, or muslim, or chinese, or south euros (who can be quite tanned (tanned as in tanned, they are white as without the sun) and easily mistaken for lybians/syrians) .. these dudes will have even more trouble.

Not to mention there is always the probability of some political false flag / war /droning / tensions / hypocrisy/ merican which will take the beauty out of the world cup and turn in into some political . Sincerely, the us is in no position to organize a world cup, there are many other much better options, OBJECTIVELY.

Imo the centenario should be in spain : great weather, great footballing history, haven't organized a tournament in quite some time, easy to get around for both euros, arabs and latin americans (=99% of real football fans), great stuff to visit, great beaches, the money from the world cup would help their economy. That would be my vote.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Agree with dfens USA can make big stadiums but theu ain't the best futbol stadiums

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Centenario has to be Argentina/Uruguay imhotbhfwiw

My Team
    Uruguay
    Post Count
    I do hope the 100th Years brings the cup to its birthplace and the final is played in that same stadium...

Thread Information