Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Anyone ever take the time to compare what any of these guys do vs the legends/greats? If anyone did they'd see a lot of those HOF QB's didn't start off so hot. Actually most of them took a few seasons to get it going.

Only a few like Marino, Big Ben, Russell Wilson, what we are seeing from Prescott impressed early on, most needed a few seasons.

Check out his first few seasons as a starter.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...M/MannEl00.htm

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    He was clutch, but that doesn't erase 3 quarters of terrible throws. We'll see if he's turned the corner next week.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    He was clutch, but that doesn't erase 3 quarters of terrible throws. We'll see if he's turned the corner next week.
    In Denver vs that D is a good barometer.....huh?

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    yeah my guess is 4 picks and an ugly loss.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    yeah my guess is 4 picks and an ugly loss.
    I don't play that stuff, I get how hard it is to go from a back up to a starter. I always give these guys some time. To be playing...he sucks...without watching any QB for a couple seasons as da man...nay.

Imagine...

56.7 comp %
    26-28 td/INT
    an horrendous...71.2 QB rating

That was Peyton's rookie season. And there have been other "stud' QB's who didn't look too studly early on.

Why so many here are so quick to pass judgement on everything....???? What is the rush?

In his rookie season Jerry Rice was dropping passes left and right, here he would be....HE SUCKS~~~~~~~~ hahaha~~~

There was the Heisman winner O,J.Simpson in his rookie season, he gained 697 yards with a 3.9 average, little known RB Carl "who?" Garrett out of tiny Mew Mexico Highlands won the rookie of the year. What happened to Simpson, what happened to Carl Garrett?
    Last edited by Avante; 10-17-2016 at 09:24 AM.

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    I don't expect him to go up there and throw for 350/4/0, but I do expect him to look like a starting QB.

Doing the little things...like...you know...making accurate passes.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I didn't think it was possible but he very well might be the worst QB in the NFL, even counting back-ups...

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Why don't you people pull your head out of your ass and give a guy at least one season of starting in the NFL, ya reckon?

Oh yes, lets judge a guy by his 13th NFL start on the road vs that Denver D....hahahahaha~~~~~~~

Does anyone have any idea at all how many star QB's sucked their first season as a starter, ya don't do ya?

Post Count

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    In John Elways first 16 game season....

54.0 comp %
    22-23 td/int
    and a terrible 70.2 QR rating

Why are so many of you so damn rushed to burying players? Why not slow down and give these guys a little time sheesh~~~~~~~~~~~~

O.J. Simpson took 5 seasons to finally gain a 1000 yds in a season, how did he end up?

Post Count
    In John Elways first 16 game season....

54.0 comp %
    22-23 td/int
    and a terrible 70.2 QR rating

Why are so many of you so damn rushed to burying players? Why not slow down and give these guys a little time sheesh~~~~~~~~~~~~

O.J. Simpson took 5 seasons to finally gain a 1000 yds in a season, how did he end up?
    1. You're a got.
    2. Elway started out in an era where defense was still allowed and the game wasn't so skewed towards quarterbacks. Of course his stats weren't going to look so great at first by today's standards.
    3. You're a got.
    4. This isn't Osweiler's first year in the league or his first year as a starter. He sucked so bad last year, he got replaced by a 40-year-old Peyton who couldn't throw a football and they proceeded to win the Super Bowl without him. He's 6'7" and still gets passes batted down regularly. At what point are we allowed to declare that this clearly ty quarterback sucks at his job?
    5. You're a got.

In conclusion: shut up, got. The rest of the world is going to continue to have opinions about football, and you're just going to have to man up and deal with it.

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    He'll be cut in the offseason and they'll eat the guaranteed money on his second year.

Post Count

Reminder: this guy was handed a $72 million contract, in the most quarterback-friendly, pass-happy era in NFL history, and these are the results.

Old got: "But, but, sloooowwwwww dowwwwnnnnn~~~ Stop writing him off after four years in the league with no improvement! I'm the only one who's allowed to have opinions about football!"

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    1. You're a got.
    2. Elway started out in an era where defense was still allowed and the game wasn't so skewed towards quarterbacks. Of course his stats weren't going to look so great at first by today's standards.
    3. You're a got.
    4. This isn't Osweiler's first year in the league or his first year as a starter. He sucked so bad last year, he got replaced by a 40-year-old Peyton who couldn't throw a football and they proceeded to win the Super Bowl without him. He's 6'7" and still gets passes batted down regularly. At what point are we allowed to declare that this clearly ty quarterback sucks at his job?
    5. You're a got.

In conclusion: shut up, got. The rest of the world is going to continue to have opinions about football, and you're just going to have to man up and deal with it.
    1.You never EVER get anything right.
    2.Do I really have to show your dumb ass other QB;s who started out great in that era?
    3.WRONG AS USUAL~~~~~~~~
    4.Hey stupid, isn't this the first season where the guy knew he was Da Man?
    5.You;re dumber than a rock.

In conclusion: Will you ever figure this out? Ya don't start thinking you know these players after a few games or even a couple seasons, and that has been proven more times than even I can list. So why stop acting like some dumbass rookie and take some ing time, ok ya dumb ?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Reminder: this guy was handed a $72 million contract, in the most quarterback-friendly, pass-happy era in NFL history, and these are the results.

Old got: "But, but, sloooowwwwww dowwwwnnnnn~~~ Stop writing him off after four years in the league with no improvement! I'm the only one who's allowed to have opinions about football!"
    That coming from a guy bragging about Derek "INT FUMBLE!!!! INT" Anderson, hahahaha~~~~~~~~~~

ing rookie, ha~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post Count
    That coming from a guy bragging about Derek "INT FUMBLE!!!! INT" Anderson, hahahaha~~~~~~~~~~

ing rookie, ha~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sloooowwwww dowwwwwwn~~~~~ Stop writing off...Derek Anderson...so early, hahahahaha!!!~~~~

You can always tell the rookies.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Sloooowwwww dowwwwwwn~~~~~ Stop writing off...Derek Anderson...so early, hahahahaha!!!~~~~

You can always tell the rookies.
    Do this....

Google Derek Anderson's career and look at what he had done before 27, then Google Osweilers career. Then tell me how you coud brag on Anderson and run down Osweiler, since Osweiler has far FAR superior numbers.

Stupid, Anderson is 33, ok?

THEN, Google Eli Manning and compare what he had done before 27 compared to Osweiler, what do you see?

Do you ever look at things like that, ya don't do ya?
    Last edited by Avante; 10-24-2016 at 11:23 PM.

Post Count
    Another angry effortpost from the fat blob that I just scrolled right past without reading. Whew!

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Another angry effortpost from the fat blob that I just scrolled right past without reading. Whew!
    translation

BUSTED~~~ Yep as I can see Osweiler has far out played my hero Derek Anderson, that damn Avante.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The best that Derek Andeson ever did prior to 27.

56.5 comp %
    QB rating 82.5

Osweiler...61.8/90.4

Post Count
    This got actually thinks we read his dusty old posts

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Dude, what;s this?

8 Hours Ago #81
    Clipper Nation

My Team San Diego Chargers Post Count 42,561

Originally Posted by Avante
    Let's hear about how Melvin Gordon totally sucks again.

I would still rather have picked Tevin Coleman, Jay Ajayi or David Johnson later in that draft without having to trade up and use our first-rounder on a running back. Just because Gordon's piling up a bunch of short-yardage TDs on carries that Woodhead would normally be getting doesn't mean our front office made the right decision there.

So wrong yet again, hahahaha~!~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stupid, tell us all again about Derek Anderson who put up far inferior numbers compared to Osweiler, ok stupid?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I think I may have skimmed one of his posts when the stain posted under razon.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Dude, this Clipper Nation got actually follows me around on other forums,ok?

Thread Information