Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    I didn't think it was possible but he very well might be the worst QB in the NFL, even counting back-ups...
    Ever watch Geno Smith play football?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Ever watch Geno Smith play football?
    At least he could around. Assweiler can't even do that much.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Before he had turned 27, HOFer/4 time SB winning QB, Terry Bradshaw had 48td's and 71ints. He totally sucked.

Osweiler has started how many games?

What is the rush to ....HE SUCKS~~~~~~~~~~ Why not do what smart fans do who know how these things have gone many times in the past and give the guy a little time?

In his rookie season O.J.Simpson.....697 3.9 average (RB Carl "Who?" Garrett out of New Mexico Highlands Rookie of the Year)
    2nd season....488 4.1
    3rd season...747 4.1

Then in year 4....BOOM 1251 4.3. And the rest is history. And yes in those first three seasons it was..."is he a bust?"

How many passes did Jerry Rice drop his rookie season?

by Mike Tanier

Twenty-one years ago this week, Bill Walsh stood before the skeptical Bay Area media and defended a controversial decision. He told them that the 49ers' troubled rookie wide receiver would remain a starter despite several bad performances.

The rookie's name was Jerry Rice.

The 49ers, fresh off a victory in Super Bowl XIX, were 6-5 and fighting for their playoff lives. Joe Montana's passing numbers were off. Rice, the team's top draft pick, had 26 receptions in 11 games, but he also dropped 10 balls, some of them at the worst possible times. He was coming off a game in which he dropped two passes, fumbled once, and caught just one pass. Niners fans booed the rookie; local columnists made him the butt of jokes. Freddie Solomon, a respected veteran who caught touchdown passes in 10 straight games in 1984, had become the invisible man in the Niners offense while Montana and Rice played pitch 'n' drop.

But Walsh held his ground, supported Rice, and kept him in the weekly gameplan. "At some point, the boos will turn to cheers," predicted Walsh during a press conference on November 18th, 1985.

That point was only a few weeks away.

That is one of the more famous examples of why those of us who understand the game........give these guys some time.

How many times was James Harrison cut?
    Last edited by Avante; 10-25-2016 at 11:30 AM.

Before he had turned 27, HOFer/4 time SB winning QB, Terry Bradshaw had 48td's and 71ints. He totally sucked.

Osweiler has started how many games?

What is the rush to ....HE SUCKS~~~~~~~~~~ Why not do what smart fans do who know how these things have gone many times in the past and give the guy a little time?
    Last night Texas was only trailing 14-9 and were driving with the ball to about the 30 yardline when running back fumbled for a turnover. That was a real turning point in the game.

Also a few key dropped passes.
    Ossweilers stats, even last year can be deceiving. He tends to hit passes when he has to in wins with another example in last weeks OT escape. Plus, what is his W/L record as a starter. Granted, most of those with that killer Denver D. Otherwise, yes he has sucked by i agree lets give him some time. It was only last year in a playoff run that beat the Cheatriots in a very tight game. Had some huge throws.

I think where Ossweiler has f'd himself is his pouty move out of Denver to Texas.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Last night Texas was only trailing 14-9 and were driving with the ball to about the 30 yardline when running back fumbled for a turnover. That was a real turning point in the game.

Ossweilers stats, even last year can be deceiving. He tends to hit passes when he has to in wins with another example in last weeks OT escape. Plus, what is his W/L record as a starter. Granted, most of those with that killer Denver D. Otherwise, yes he has sucked by i agree lets give him some time. It was only last year in a playoff run that beat the Cheatriots in a very tight game. Had some huge throws.

I think where Ossweiler has f'd himself is his pouty move out of Denver to Texas.
    Pro football is choked full FULL of players where it took them awhile to get it going. So to....HE SUCKS~~~~~~....early on, why? This is the guys first shot at.....my team, I'm da man.....and he's having a hard time adjusting to that role (he knew Manning was that guy in Denver).

Yes the way it went down sucks but that has nothing to do with giving this young guy some time to get used to his new role. So I do.

The great Ladainian Tomlinson averaged 3.9 his rookie season as did the great O.J.Simpson. Peyton Manning threw a TON of INT's his first couple seasons.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Rookies, sheesh~~~~~~~~~~~

Troy Aikman first three seasons.

31TD's
    46 INTS

Doesn't anywhere here know about how other first time QB starters did?
    Last edited by Avante; 10-25-2016 at 11:59 AM.

Post Count

Tebow used to complete a few passes in clutch time after the defense did all the work for him too. Would you hand him $72 million right now?

I remember that Pats game last year, and the defense and running game won the game for them. The defense stifled that Patsies offense about as much as anyone can. It was Ronnie Hillman who kept Denver in the game with a rushing TD before halftime. It was CJ Anderson who cut it to 7 again with a rushing TD in the 4th (after the Patsies muffed a punt and handed Denver good field position), and it was Anderson who won the game on a 48-yard rushing TD in the 4th. Osweiler had a couple good throws down the stretch, but he didn't really do anything to win the game for them. He was carried.

As for the Colts game on SNF, again, that was largely a case of Osweiler being carried. He was terrible for the first three quarters (60% adjusted completion percentage, according to PFF). Just like Hillman and Anderson against the Pats last year, Lamar Miller did all the heavy lifting on offense to give Houston a chance. Mercilus and Clowney kept Luck under pressure all day defensively. Then Osweiler went on an unsustainable hot streak in his last 16 passes against a piss-poor Colts defense, and we're supposed to give him all the credit for the win when the rest of the team did their jobs all game long?

Osweiler has been in the league for four years now. He's been a starter for two. He has all the intangibles that you can't coach: he's freakishly tall, has a strong arm and is fairly athletic. But even at his best, he's only looked like a decent backup quarterback. He's certainly never looked like a $72 million franchise QB. Even in college, he wasn't very impressive. The knock on him was that he was inconsistent, undisciplined, and prone to turnovers and maddeningly inaccurate throws. So far, it's been the same story for him in the pros.

In today's QB-friendly league, we've seen guys like Big Ben, Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck and now Carson Wentz come in and make an immediate impact on their teams. At what point do we stop giving Osweiler time and start accepting that he's just not very good?
    Last edited by Clipper Nation; 10-25-2016 at 12:19 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    What is the rush to bury a young guy in his first season as DA MAN...???

WHY??????????????

Post Count
    What is the rush to bury a young guy in his first season as DA MAN...???

WHY??????????????
    Assweiler isn't "da man" in Houston. He's the $72 million game mismanager who all the fans want benched for Tom Savage.

The real "man" on the Texans is on IR with a back injury.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Assweiler isn't "da man" in Houston. He's the $72 million game mismanager who all the fans want benched for Tom Savage.

The real "man" on the Texans is on IR with a back injury.
    My God guy, you really are totally clueless.

So the Texans paid 72 mill for a guy to back up a 4th round QB who has a horrendous 51.9 QB rating and has done ...0....other than throw an INT, hahahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dude, I can see why you back Derek Anderson, you 're an idiot.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Why don't you people pull your head out of your ass and give a guy at least one season of starting in the NFL, ya reckon?

Oh yes, lets judge a guy by his 13th NFL start on the road vs that Denver D....hahahahaha~~~~~~~

Does anyone have any idea at all how many star QB's sucked their first season as a starter, ya don't do ya?
    Dude can't even hang on to the ball. Fumbled a couple of times without even getting hit. Even started to drop the ball at the end of his first down run. Not saying he won't get better but he sure doesn't look like a quality starting QB.
    And even on the short dumpdowns, he throws it behind his receiver half the time.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yikes

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yikes

Where's that .gif you posted a while back where he throws it to a WIDE OPEN receiver's feet?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Here it is

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    If it wasn't for him, I would've lost in fantasy this week. I feel bad for the guy, but I'm grateful at the same time.

Post Count
    Yikes

"Slooooowwwww dowwwwnnnn~~~ Give him time, rookies....hahahahaha!"

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Listen guy...you obviously don't watch much football. As a QB...you have to pick...yep...spots. It was clearly a comeback throw and he put the ball in a place that only his receiver could catch. Sheesh...you can always tell...yep...the rookies.

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Glad we have Dak

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Listen guy...you obviously don't watch much football. As a QB...you have to pick...yep...spots. It was clearly a comeback throw and he put the ball in a place that only his receiver could catch. Sheesh...you can always tell...yep...the rookies.
    Yep.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Sure hope they keep trashing that worthless QB in Houston. Butt-chinned coach, blick GM, and clueless owner shouldn't get a pass either.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I can't believe they overrated him last week over barely beating a ty division rival with a ty defense in the tiest division in football.

I can't believe they overrated him last week over barely beating a ty division rival with a ty defense in the tiest division in football.
    No AFC South team has a positive Point Differential

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    No AFC South team has a positive Point Differential
    NFC South isn't that much better. It goes:::

1. NFC BEast
    2. AFC Best
    3. NFC North

4. AFC East
    5. NFC West