I remeber a more vibrant league with caring fans. The last few years, you tune into a Dutch league game and you'd be lucky to see a 60% attendance rate even if its an Ajax vs Feyonord game.

More importantly, their teams are much worse. Ajax is so Pathetic.

Italy has some similar problems but their Clubs are still very comep ive.

Is it time for Capspace? at this rate, whoever the next Club Prince Ali decides to support will eat away all the talent other teams have...

This system is broke imo...and gap is only going to get bigger.

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    I blame the jews.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Look at how bad the national team is as well right now, the golden era for the dutch is over but everything goes in cycles.

Look at how bad the national team is as well right now, the golden era for the dutch is over but everything goes in cycles.
    That happens when your league is so ty...

My Team
    Uruguay
    Post Count
    Develop talent for Bundesliga TBH

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    I remeber a more vibrant league with caring fans. The last few years, you tune into a Dutch league game and you'd be lucky to see a 60% attendance rate even if its an Ajax vs Feyonord game.

More importantly, their teams are much worse. Ajax is so Pathetic.

Italy has some similar problems but their Clubs are still very comep ive.

Is it time for Capspace? at this rate, whoever the next Club Prince Ali decides to support will eat away all the talent other teams have...

This system is broke imo...and gap is only going to get bigger.
    it starts with the players .. if they are ok with riding the bench at a big club that's life and there is nothing to be done about it at that level. What should be done is to heavily invest in a player development system which develops LOCALS, so the crowd can cheer for a local team, without this you either get a sugar daddy team or a no-name jorneymen team. Capspace isn't the answer but a local quota is, and by local I mean from that country not from the EU, that way you help the entire national footballing system.

it starts with the players .. if they are ok with riding the bench at a big club that's life and there is nothing to be done about it at that level. What should be done is to heavily invest in a player development system which develops LOCALS, so the crowd can cheer for a local team, without this you either get a sugar daddy team or a no-name jorneymen team. Capspace isn't the answer but a local quota is, and by local I mean from that country not from the EU, that way you help the entire national footballing system.
    The Quota is actually implemented in in the AFC...it has helped tremendously both in the compe ive aspect as well as providing ground for guys that arent talented enough to play in Europe or would rather stay in Asia for playing time and financial reasons.

How would you strcuture the quota though? and if the quota is implemented more and more players are going to pursue aggressive Naturalization. I hate Naturalization...

I think the AFC implemented 7 years ago a 3+1 rule. You cant have more than 3 three foreign players unless the extra player is from Asia..The results have been pretty positive..

It also limited the chinese Clubs from totally dominating the continental tournaments by hoarding Foreign players..I think they were very much against the idea of the 3+1 quota.

It might be 3+2.. I cant remeber.

But a quota would greatly diminsih thr quality of club football in bigger leagues like Spain....I mean how many foreingers does Barcelona have? Neymar-Messi-Suarez are all south Americans.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    But a quota would greatly diminsih thr quality of club football in bigger leagues like Spain....I mean how many foreingers does Barcelona have? Neymar-Messi-Suarez are all south Americans.
    Well of course a 3 quota would diminish every rich club, that's only logical. But a 3 quote would only truly destroy english clubs, the spanish clubs would still retain their dominant position. In the last 10-12 years spain has produced more world class players than any other 2 big countries combined. Just look at all the talent, look at their league, the majority of players are spanish, look at the spaniards in england doing work, spaniards in italy doing work ... even after neymar-messi-suarez they still have bisquits, xavi, iniesta, puyol, pique, alba, valdez, pedro, villa and real have ramos, morata, carvajal, alonso, cassilas, .. not to mention silva, nacho, costa, navas, tiago, koke nad so on. It's not only about talent but about the passing wide interchanging game (cannibalized into tiki taka, that's another story) that has helped spain develop a LOT of talent.

Imo a 7+4/6+5 on the field quota would be the best. You can have 7/6 national players and 4/5 other players on the pitch, it doesn't matter how you construct your roster. That would bring more parity without destroying the incentive to invest... it'll be a start at the very least, and that's what we want, more compe ion but not forced parity and it would also encourge national talent to group at high level clubs, GREATLY helping the national teams.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    Juventus FC
    Post Count
    the Dutch after 2014

Thread Information