He should have delayed his un-retirement so he would gain leverage in hiring the coach and demanding a swift and complete cleanup of the Argie Federation..

The collective heads of the corrupt AFA cabal won't roll until Argentina miss the WC or are in danger of doing so (which they are on pace to without him)..

In fact, the country as whole will riot..

You have to cringe knowing arguably the best manager in the world is an Argentinian (Simeone) while the power that be are hiring the country's bums and retreads like Bauza ..Brazil NT picked up steam by doing the obvious putting in charge their best national coach.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Algerian FA is a cluster too

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    I'm not sure you're seeing this the right way, son...

First the whole fake retirement schtick to make the fans and press forgive him and forget about all of his failures. That worked out alright. And as you said he obviously could've used that situation as leverage to get someone like Simeone as the coach - that is if he actually cared about the NT - but he was ok with Bauza since he knew he'd be just another yes man. Another win for him. And now with a mediocre coach and without him they're losing games...I'd say everything is working according to plan for him, tbh

Thread Information