Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The Packers' best hope to stop the Cowboys offense is to go 8 in the box, focus on stopping the run and short pass and hope Dez, Williams and Butler have off days and don't run the right routes, can't beat coverage 1-on-1, drop passes, and Dak has an off day. Probability wise, that's a lot more likely than stopping the best RB and OL in the NFL with only 7 in the box.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    If Dez Bryant plays... the Packers defense will have no answer. You have to stop:

1) Zeke Elliott, best in the NFL, on the ground
    2) Cowboys elite short/intermediate game with Witten, Beasley, and screens to Elliott and Dunbar
    3) Dez Bryant intermediate and deep -- must double

Packers have several options to counter, but it's largely "pick your poison".

7 in the box = allows you to double Dez Bryant and play coverage on the other receivers, but you get eaten alive in the running game by Zeke and the best OL in the NFL.

8 in the box = depending on the Cowboys formation, you may or may not be able to double Dez Bryant, but even if you can, Beasley and Witten will be open for easy 10-15 yard completions all game.

9 in the box = you're man on man throughout and while this will succeed in squelching the run game, you can't do this if the Cowboys go 3-wide, and the Cowboys will be going deep often, particularly to Dez.

Plus, you have to account for all the wrinkles/play action QB runs and bootlegs with Dak Prescott as he's always a threat to pick up a first down on the ground if you don't account for him. With Romo on the field you can eliminate this threat as a defense, though Romo is arguably the most savvy in the league at avoiding the sack and finding his deep target.

Packers defense is really in for it here... yes they're ranked #1 in rushing defense but that's the absolute definition of fool's gold because their 4 opponents so far are ranked 30th, 32nd, 23rd, and 27th, respectively in rushing offense. The Cowboys are ranked #1 in rushing, Tennessee is a jump below at #2 with Murray... after that, it's a pretty big dropoff.

Cowboys 31-24.

That being said, if Dez can't go I may change my pick to GB before the game. It's a huge factor on offense.
    That can be done for every game every week, and how many times do the underdogs win? The bottom line always starts....home/road. Then ya look at QB, then the weather, then the injuries. Then ya look at historical (last 4 seasons) trends. Stuff like Seahawks at home in the RW era, the Pats in December, etc.

Aaron Rodgers losing at home to a rookie QB, just can't see it.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    That can be done for every game every week, and how many times do the underdogs win? The bottom line always starts....home/road. Then ya look at QB, then the weather, then the injuries. Then ya look at historical (last 4 seasons) trends. Stuff like Seahawks at home in the RW era, the Pats in December, etc.

I'm with Avante on this one. Packers -4.5.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    He has jinxed the Falcons now...and he just made sure the Panthers will turn it around and win the NFC South.

Congrats bruh.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

I'll make my final pick by 1pm EDT/10am PDT because I'll need to make a new surprise pick if I change to the Packers

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    When is the next good TNF or MNF game?

TNF- Broncos @ Chargers....meh.
    MNF- Jets @ Cardinals....super meh.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Denver
    Letting this team march down the field on you

Congrats on the championship, New England.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Denver
    Letting this team march down the field on you

Congrats on the championship, New England.
    Week 4 2014, the Pats get destroyed in KC 41-14 and were 2-2. then went 13-2 winning the SB.

Dude, are you for real?

Now how stupid are you going to look if Denver wins this game? Oh yeah, about as stupid as bragging on Derek "TURNOVER MACHINE" Anderson, ha~~~~~~~~~

Post Count
    Man, Melvin is having a good game. I know everyone harps on his YPC, but he gets hit in the backfield more than any RB and SD O-line constantly grading out as a bottom 5 run blocking team.

He is having to make people miss in the back field as soon as he touches the ball and is fighting hard to get first downs. No wonder he's scoring TD's - he's really strong in short yardage.

Post Count
    Week 4 2014, the Pats get destroyed in KC 41-14 and were 2-2. then went 13-2 winning the SB.

Dude, are you for real?

Now how stupid are you going to look if Denver wins this game? Oh yeah, about as stupid as bragging on Derek "TURNOVER MACHINE" Anderson, ha~~~~~~~~~
    Week five is about right to start seeing how things probably are

Post Count
    Gordon again immediately met in the back field. They need to get him in the passing game more. He's been explosive in small samples.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    CN

Do you really think anyone is talking about drives in a game, hahahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dude, how come you always totally ignore the big picture? Don't get all caught up in ......a drive.....ok?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Go chargers

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Post Count
    Man, little strange that D.Thomas doesn't appear to be in the game plan for DEN.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Denver hasn't lost two in a row in the first six weeks of a season since 2012.

Chargers 1-7 vs Denver since 2012.

Hmmmm?

Post Count
    Choke starts now.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    ^irrelevant trends... and what a boneheaded play by Benjamin

Post Count
    Man, Benjamin is too shaky. Too many big mistakes.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    ^irrelevant trends... and what a boneheaded play by Benjamin
    What is relevant if not for how these teams do in this "spot"? There is a reason the Broncos usually beat the Chargers.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    So now if the Chargers win ....wrong~~~~~~ Dude, hahaha~~ You really do...

CN (watching Rivers throw a pick)...HE SUCKS~~~~~~~~
    CN (watching Rivers throw a great TD pass)...HE'S GREAT~~~~~~~~~

Play to play, hahaha~~~~

Post Count
    You saw what Coleman did last week vs DEN. Gordon had a 75 yard catch and run in pre-season. A 24 yard catch and score last week. Yet, SD does nothing in the pass game with Gordon. Only use him behind a terrible o-line.

Just bad, typical uncreative coaching.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    When did Gordon become Ron Dayne? Get this guy out in space, sheesh~~

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    God aka pagano doing work

Post Count
    God aka pagano doing work
    The Raiders should hire him immediately to fix their terrible defense.

Thread Information