Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    If Lionel Bieber is the system, he should be winning regardless of who you put around him but how come the system doesn't translate to national team success?

Maybe it's because the system is actually the stacked team midget played next to in Barcelona his whole career.
    You are talking like Messi doesn't even get out of the group stages in tournaments (like Sidenaldo with Portugal in WCs). Dude gets to every ing final, and lost them all in penalties and OT, never in regulation. Messi hasn't won a ship with Argentina, but only by the slimest of margins. The chances Higuian and Palacio missed on the WC final are capitalized by 99% of the other strikers outthere. Had Messi had an Eder instead of any of those two and he would be standing a WC champion. Do you really think a Higuain/Palacio miss makes Messi a lesser player?

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    Not sure where this notion of me being a lefty alt came from, but it's an honor tbh

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Proud of being beta smh

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Not sure where this notion of me being a lefty alt came from, but it's an honor tbh

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    this thread will be serious in a couple of months tbh

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Without him playing. That just proves Portugal's system is better fwiw.
    goat system tbh.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    What happened to United in 2009 in the Final when they faced Messi? How did Ronaldo do? Oh right, he was a , and Messi scored the goal that put the game to rest!

United still won an EPL le after Ronaldo left, and were winning many les before he arrived. United were one of the most stacked teams of the 2000's. Real Madrid are incredibly stacked as well. While Xavi and Iniesta are incredible, they've had tons of fantastic world class players play for them and only have ONE La Liga to show for it. And this is when the team literally is forced to feed Ronaldo every single game to keep his stats and ego up. Ronaldo only plays for himself.

You have to go back EIGHT years before finding Ronaldo having a great performance in the Finals. Messi was superb in the 2015 CL final.

If you remove Messi from Argentina, the only bright spot was beating a Chile team that was at their WORST during the group stage and only advanced to the knockout round once they got a dodgy penalty in the 96th minute to help them advance. After that, they were on fire.

You switch Ronaldo with Messi for their NT teams and Argentina easily does worse. How often for Argentina can you EVER say his teammates carried him? If Argentina played a final without Messi do they win? No, they don't. Portugal looked HORRIBLE the first 20 minutes on the pitch for the Final when Ronaldo played, but once he went off? Surprise surprise Portugal looked to be at their best. Their coach was also better than any coach Messi had for the NT.

Portugal without Ronaldo would beat Argentina without Messi. Ronaldo is a much much bigger choker than Messi, it's not even remotely close. As much as you harp on the NT, Ronaldo barely played in the final and had the easiest path in Euro history. He's a flat track bully which has been proven time and time again.

Think about it, the most memorable moment for Ronaldo is being on the sidelines, I mean holy

There is no argument for Penaldo >> Messi. You'd have to be into penalties and diving to even see it, and even then anyone with half a brain knows Messi is the obvious answer. No team in the world would take Ronaldo over Messi. Messi doesn't even have to assist or score to have a massive influence on the game. Ronaldo needs to wait on other players to make him look good.

If you removed Messi from Barca, they'll look good in spurts but in the end Barca with Messi is far far better than Barca without Messi. The difference is night and day, especially this season.

Remove Modric or Kroos or Casimero from Real Madrid and they'll suffer far more than they would if Ronaldo was injured. , unlike Messi, Ronaldo had to get subbed off against Las Palmas because he was SO . He was literally hurting the team. Never ever happens with Messi. Ronaldo's tiest games are far worse than Messi's, and his best games aren't as good as Messi's finest games.

When you're off your knees from sucking off Penaldo, maybe you'll see the light.
    you are right tbh, but comparing united to barca is just

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    you are right tbh, but comparing united to barca is just
    No no, I think Barca was better than United, I honestly meant to say "one of the most stacked teams of the 2000's" but let's not act like United was a team full of scrubs. They were always an elite team during that era, before Ronaldo joined, and did pretty well even right after he left although now they're obviously .
    Last edited by Amuseddaysleeper; 11-24-2016 at 10:19 PM.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    No no, I think Barca was better than United, I honestly meant to say "one of the most stacked teams of the 2000's" but let's not act like United was a team full of scrubs. They were always an elite team during that era, before Ronaldo joined, and did pretty well even right after he left although now they're obviously .
    well, they were one of the very good teams, but they were nowhere near the strength of barca / bayern / real / old milan level teams. They were just outclassed by a historically great team, no shame in that, but they are in different tiers tbh. It's like comparing spain with belgium.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    well, they were one of the very good teams, but they were nowhere near the strength of barca / bayern / real / old milan level teams. They were just outclassed by a historically great team, no shame in that, but they are in different tiers tbh. It's like comparing spain with belgium.
    United was ing stacked in those years. They made the UCL final in 3 out of 4 years. Something no other team has accomplished in recent years.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    United was ing stacked in those years. They made the UCL final in 3 out of 4 years. Something no other team has accomplished in recent years.
    Has good as they were, players like Giggs, Scholes, Rooney were never seen on the same level as Iniesta, Xavi, Ronaldinho for example. Ronaldo was the x factor on that United team and what put them over the top. The latter 3 have either won or been in the top 3 discussion for the ballon d'or, they're also world cup winners, got the job done without midget.

Like i said, midget has had the most elite help of any other GOAT player throughout his carreer and that's not even debatable. Also, on paper Argentina is the most stacked team in the world too, not named Germany.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Has good as they were, players like Giggs, Scholes, Rooney were never seen on the same level as Iniesta, Xavi, Ronaldinho for example. Ronaldo was the x factor on that United team and what put them over the top. The latter 3 have either won or been in the top 3 discussion for the ballon d'or, they're also world cup winners, got the job done without midget.

Like i said, midget has had the most elite help of any other GOAT player throughout his carreer and that's not even debatable. Also, on paper Argentina is the most stacked team in the world too, not named Germany.
    Yeah, that's why Manu, after Ronaldo left, kept winning les and making UCL finals. The X factor for Manu was Fergie, when he left is that United stopped being good.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    You are talking like Messi doesn't even get out of the group stages in tournaments (like Sidenaldo with Portugal in WCs). Dude gets to every ing final, and lost them all in penalties and OT, never in regulation. Messi hasn't won a ship with Argentina, but only by the slimest of margins. The chances Higuian and Palacio missed on the WC final are capitalized by 99% of the other strikers outthere. Had Messi had an Eder instead of any of those two and he would be standing a WC champion. Do you really think a Higuain/Palacio miss makes Messi a lesser player?
    If Lionel Bieber performed like he does at Barcelona he would be a WC recipient by now but he's a system player that can't function outside Catalunya, a mental and physical midget. Which leaves you here, stuck bragging about meaningless player of the tournament trophies and blaming his elite supporting cast that midget fails to make better.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    If Lionel Bieber performed like he does at Barcelona he would be a WC recipient by now but he's a system player that can't function outside Catalunya, a mental and physical midget. Which leaves you here, stuck bragging about player of the tournament trophies and blaming his elite supporting cast that midget fails to make better.
    Dude, do you really think Messi is a "system player" or are you just trolling? I just want to know if I underestimated your re edness level, tbh.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Dude, do you really think Messi is a "system player" or are you just trolling? I just want to know if I underestimated your re edness level, tbh.
    There's absolutely no reason for midget to not have at least one Copa America by now. Argentina is by far the best team in the Americas but midget keeps choking and playing a lot of notches below his Barcelona level.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    extremely consistent and with serious luck? yes.
    xavi-iniesta-messi historically stacked? no. this creation trio alone is more valuable in real football than the entire united team.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    a guy from work just put a 1k drunken bet on argentina missing the world cup first I laughed at this but tbh the odds were kind of interesting.

My Team
    AFC Ajax
    Post Count
    Ronaldo isn't better than Suarez, Messi, or Neymar. Ronaldo isn't even the best player on Madrid. He often chokes against the better teams in the league. Atletico was the first great team in a long time Ronaldo has had more than 1 goal against in a match.
    When was the last time Missi scored in El Clasico?

My Team
    AFC Ajax
    Post Count
    Remove Modric or Kroos or Casimero from Real Madrid and they'll suffer far more than they would if Ronaldo was injured. , unlike Messi, Ronaldo had to get subbed off against Las Palmas because he was SO . He was literally hurting the team. Never ever happens with Messi.

Barfa went on their best run last season when Missi was out. Neymar is at his best when he's making runs w/ the ball & creating chances, he can't do that much often when Missi is on the field. That's also the reason Di Maria doesn't play well w/ Missi.

Godnaldo lets Bale do what he does best which is making runs w/ the ball but he would have been underutilized if he played w/ Missi. Folks unjustifiably blame Godnaldo for enabling his teammates to shine by occupying defenders.

My Team
    AFC Ajax
    Post Count
    Yeah, that's why Manu, after Ronaldo left, kept winning les and making UCL finals. The X factor for Manu was Fergie, when he left is that United stopped being good.
    Once Mou came into the scene, Fergie was getting cucked before CR7 became a world-class player. They used the money from the sale of CR7 to sustain their run, it wasn't like Rooney took over.

Let's no act like Arsenal/ManUre weren't so much better than the rest during the pre-Mou era that Arsenal went undefeated for an ENTIRE season. Besides, it took a miracle for Fergie to win his first & only CL le before Godnaldo.
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 12-05-2016 at 04:45 PM.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Once Mou came into the scene, Fergie was getting cucked before CR7 became a world-class player. They used the money from the sale of CR7 to sustain their run, it wasn't like Rooney took over.

Let's no act like Arsenal/ManUre weren't so much better than the rest during the pre-Mou era that Arsenal went undefeated for an ENTIRE season. Besides, it took a miracle for Fergie to win his first & only CL le before Godnaldo.
    Dude, that's exactly what happened. Rooney had the best seasons of his career after Sidenaldo left. I remember folks saying he was a top 3 player in the World.

It's like you purposely say the complete opposite of what happens in reality.

My Team
    AFC Ajax
    Post Count
    Dude, that's exactly what happened. Rooney had the best seasons of his career after Sidenaldo left. I remember folks saying he was a top 3 player in the World.
    That season was a mirage, Fregie bought Valencia & moved Rooney into a CF role which was why his scoring tally essentially doubled. When he had to partner up w/ Berbatov FULL-TIME the following season he came back down to earth.

"Top 3 player in the world" can't even outplay Berbatov:

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    The fact that Messi is the super star playing with most stacked team ever is not really debattable... that's quite different than winning les with Napoli tbh

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    The fact that Messi is the super star playing with most stacked team ever is not really debattable... that's quite different than winning les with Napoli tbh
    It is, but Messi's consistency trumps Maradonna's whose drug habit messed him up.

Even when Xavi retires and Iniesta retire, Messi will still be winning les.

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Even when Xavi retires and Iniesta retire, Messi will still be winning les.
    Because he has Neymar and Suarez.

Thread Information