Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge for Millsap would be fine, but doesn't really make the Spurs much better IMO..more versatile, but worse offensively..

Aldridge for Jimmy Butler? he wants to play PG, he could do it here..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking through the trade machine, it's difficult to find any realistic move that would benefit the Spurs, tbh..

I strongly dislike Aldridge, but he's still a top 20 player on a relatively friendly contract, going forward..it would be foolish to trade him for anything less than a star player or multiple decent-impact players and/or young talent..

There isn't a team that has the combination of needing him as a missing piece + notable assets that they would be willing to move..

Hard to improve on that. That's the bottom line. Unless LMA is showing signs that he's going to pout away a whole season, there's no good reason for the Spurs to do this. They sure as won't get better right away. And only a quality first-round pick plus a decent young player could make them better in the medium term.

If the Spurs had moved him in the offseason, and then tanked to get two lottery picks? yeah, build that future. But getting two first round picks over 30 (even 25) isn't going get it done. And neither is getting someone else's cast-off, over-paid, mid-tier player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeap! LMA is good as traded! The Spurs silence speaks volumes!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is that lma over-rated thread gone?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boogie Cousins? Jimmy Butler? Smart, Brown, + pick? Noel & Okafor + pick? Gasol? Carmelo?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://m.mysanantonio.com/sports/spu...re-9981115.php

"The Express-News has been informed the Spurs are open to trading the former Longhorn should the right package surface."
    The full quote is: "The Express-News has been informed by a league source the Spurs are open to trading the former Longhorn should the right package surface. Those within the Spurs refuted the suggestion, saying no talks have occurred with any team." That reads a little differently. So someone else besides the Spurs are floating these trade rumors and the Spurs are denying it. So it could be that someone wants him and is feeding JM.

Another interesting quote from the article: "Asked if she would want Aldridge to come to the Boston Celtics, who are loaded with draft picks, MacMullan responded: "No. Not after what I heard the other day I don't. Of course, you would take him on if you could because he's an automatic double-double. But there's just some things about him. There is some stuff going on maybe."". So someone told JM recently of some negative stuff about Aldridge--most likely not someone with the Spurs. Could it be that another team is trying to create a buy cheap opportunity for LM? This all sounds weird.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i don't know if the money would balance out, but it'd be cool to see the spurs unite the Gasol brothers and Rubio.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phoenix would make a 1st round pick protected. No way the Spurs actually see a 1st round pick from them in 2017. If you wanted to see the Spurs start improving next year, it would have to be a team with an extra 1st next season. You can keep looking, but I'm telling you that you'll come down to Denver, Philly, or Utah.

I don't think there's a snowball's chance of it happening, but those are the three most likely places for the Spurs to come up with a decent 1st round pick in 2017.
    No idea why you're saying Phoenix. I wasn't referring to them, I was referring to Denver.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge for Millsap would be fine, but doesn't really make the Spurs much better IMO..more versatile, but worse offensively..

Aldridge for Jimmy Butler? he wants to play PG, he could do it here..
    If he turns into a full-blown Canceridge and chucks up after every touch, they won't..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sources report Aldridge may not be happy playing 2nd fiddle to Kawhi..

Damn, who could have known that Aldridge is a cancerous loser?
    Called it since day..

This Diva needs to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No idea why you're saying Phoenix. I wasn't referring to them, I was referring to Denver.

Maybe because the story you linked referred to Phoenix and Boston? So I listed the reasons why those two would make ty trade partners for the Spurs? I guess I could have just picked random teams to talk about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, this rumor deserves a celebration..

Hopefully the package Porker too..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe because the story you linked referred to Phoenix and Boston? So I listed the reasons why those two would make ty trade partners for the Spurs? I guess I could have just picked random teams to talk about.
    You quoted me talking about Denver as partner though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IT may get denied, but i think the story has some legs...Jabari Young will have to get fired from SAEN or his access curtailed at least for me to believe otherwise..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Express News has heard something, its because the Spurs organization was ok with letting it out. This is very real. I hope they get something better in return. SMH at Divas.
    I agree with you here. If this ain't real then Spurs would have shot it down. Spurs' silence is deafening!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This news made my day. I onew from day 1 this nigva was a ing cancer...

Get his fatass out here...and take that other french fatass with you Aldridge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You quoted me talking about Denver as partner though.

Oh, . That was part of a multi-quote that I thought I got rid of.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this just the express news sniffing the espn trash?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spoke too soon.... rumor has been denied!! http://www.poundingtherock.com/2016/...e-trade-rumors

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only player I'd be excited about is Dario Saric, he has some young Diaw flashes.

Saric + Noel (who can't wait to leave anyway) + whatever

Aldridge makes little sense for them tho given the age difference with Embiid and Simmons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeff McDonald Verified account ‏@JMcDonald_SAEN

FWIW, Spurs sources are denying trade talks involving LaMarcus Aldridge have taken place.
    It seems from that article that Jabari just took the McMillan comments and added his own source just by verifying with League sources that it's a possibility, that was it.

Nothing was confirmed from Spurs and as seen above by McDonald, Spurs denied it.

Ultimately what upsets me a little bit is that if LMA was going to be traded, they could have approached their offseason very differently, as others pointed out.

Even if the rumor is just gossip, I am left with the feeling that there is trouble in paradise. I wonder if the addition of Pau, another self proclaimed diva aged PF who wouldn't come off the bench if it was needed for anybody, a known offensive player who likes touches has complicated matters for Aldridge. Just somehow, my picture of the Spurs for this season is less rosy.

None of it makes sense. It only makes sense if LMA asked out. Manu's report is that last season's team had incredible chemistry, were fun to be around, they had a historic franchise season and if it wasn't for Tim's good knee going bad, they could be telling a different story at least in the 2nd round. LMA also seemed to genuinely want to fit in.

Disbelief is what comes to my mind right now, just wow, then after that initial shock, depression bc I am lees enthused about the team's chemistry and prospect for the season even if LMA is not traded.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, . That was part of a multi-quote that I thought I got rid of.
    How dare you misquote?

All good. Understood now.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    can tyson chandler still play?

i'll get the ball rolling...

bledsoe, booker, chandler for lma, parker works out: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hce8bgd

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, even Sunsfan is laughing at the worst poster in the forum lmfao

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    can you imagine if he isn't dressed to play tonight?

i think he will be though.
    la is dressed, not playing. is there an official reason why?

Thread Information