Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they traded LMA, I could see Gasol deciding not to exercise his option. And I could see Manu hanging them up at the end of this season. Those two guys alone would be $30M less salary than this year. Maybe trade LMA to someone like Philly or Denver, who wouldn't have to send back the full amount of his salary. The Spurs could wind up with a load of cash to throw at the FA market. But they could also wind up not being able to get any top FA's to consider them.
    Getting proven younger players like Crowder, Bradley on cheaper/ more valuable deals -- which were signed before the recent cap hit would be optimal IMO. Spurs would net more value going that route oppose to just trading for space + pick. The price for the same value has doubled since they signed their contracts.

Obviously a pick included is necessary to consider a deal with Celtics.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's my thoughts on this:

First of all, I don't think this is a coincidence at all. I think it was put out to hopefully start a bidding war. If it was done quietly, it would have been done with the usual suspects. I think the Spurs want to see what his value is and if it's worth it.

Second of all, you can eliminate Philly and Denver. The Spurs aren't going to trade him to somewhere he doesn't want to go. They are going to be as professional about this as possible. Where is the other place he really wanted to go. Phoenix. I think it starts there. Maybe that is where his heart is. He could be the man there. They have picks, young pieces, and veterans, all necessary components to make a serious offer.

Lastly, if he's not a Spur for life this is the best year to do it. As others have stated, his value is high. Personally I don't think the ethic is there for a player the Spurs want as a pillar. Build with faulty material and you have a bad investment. Also do you think the Spurs want to invest close to 30 mil on a declining player. Not saying he is now and his skill set suggests he could have a long and healthy career but I'm thinking in the terms of what Parker's last contract was. They gambled and now they are paying the price. Personally I think Gasol is a better player now than LMA is, and I'm factoring in team needs. Pau is the low post presence we want LMA to be and he can stretch the defense.

I'm gonna look at trade scenarios with Phoenix.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much this:

A)Chandler and Knight are interchangeable salary wise
    B)PJ Tucker
    C)Chris, Bender
    First Round Pick

One from A, and B and one from C. And then if we are lucky we can get a pick. Maybe a mid first or late first. I think they should be able to get out of giving a first with this deal but maybe that's why the Spurs leaked it to the public to raise the offer. I don't think it would get any better than this and it's a place he wanted to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just bring back Duncan

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Getting proven younger players like Crowder, Bradley on cheaper/ more valuable deals -- which were signed before the recent cap hit would be optimal IMO. Spurs would net more value going that route oppose to just trading for space + pick. The price for the same value has doubled since they signed their contracts.
    Crowder is almost untouchable b/c he has a value contract & play a position where there is a dearth of talent. They can at least replace Bradley w/ Smart but they have no replacement for Crowder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would we trade him tbh? Maybe for Davis or Curry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a better chance Trump gets elected than LMA getting traded this season, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seeing as Aldridge was at the scrimmage and laughing it up with Pop and others and also MacMullin while solid just says "I've heard stuff"

Usually if someone has something juicy, big, they spill. A lot of this reads as "I've heard" "sources close to the situation"

All unsubstantial crap. The old saying here holds true. Unless Wojnarowski hints it, then it ain't happening or isn't happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA wants to go to the Warriors I assume......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither of the more credible NBA insiders like Woj, Marc Stein or tspence aka Nostradamus 2.0 have said anything about LMA wanting out. , even that bigot Broussard hasn't talked about this with his famous multiple sources. This isn't happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Broussard is a bigot, but guys likeSpears, and the other Yahoo guys are silent. If there was something there, guaranteed, they'd be reporting it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Broussard is very open about being anti-gay, and so I believe he's a bigot.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    can tyson chandler still play?

i'll get the ball rolling...

bledsoe, booker, chandler for lma, parker works out: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hce8bgd
    Damn, even Sunsfan is laughing at the worst poster in the forum lmfao
    he's laughing cause sunsfan knows parker isn't .

tell us more about MVParker's trade value thegreat .

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    They want to be sure he can pass the physical in Boston.
    if pop doesn't want lma then i don't see why stevens would be after him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's not getting traded tbh, this "report" is re ed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just not long ago, after his game 1,2 against the thunder, everyone here wanted to sit on his , amazing the change since then in such little time...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just not long ago, after his game 1,2 against the thunder, everyone here wanted to sit on his , amazing the change since then in such little time...
    Most level headed fans don't want Aldridge traded or have hate for him, just a select few tbh. He's a solid #2 behind kawhi and spurs won't get equal value in a trade, most of us know that and would rather hang onto him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now I almost wish they WOULD trade LMA, just so there's something legit to talk about until the regular season starts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I call bull

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jakie McMullen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    season can't start soon enough...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always thought the real reason for bringing LMA here was to try and get a going away championship for TD last season. It was worth the gamble. Whether he stays or not doesn't matter now. But get something in return if he goes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who would the Spurs want instead of Aldridge?
    Davis? Griffin? Cousins?
    They are the only ones who might be an upgrade and all have their own issues: Injury concerns, mental problems or both.

Then you have other clowns like
    Monroe, Drummond, Jordan, Vucevic, Lopez, Ibaka, Horford, Adams, Love, Millsap, Baby Gasol?
    No they will all be downgrades or at best, lateral.

The only big i'd trade him for is Karl-Anthony Towns, and the Wolves would tell us to off if we proposed that.

LMA is a great fit for the team, helped us to a franchise best record last year, chose us over many other teams, had a 39 and 40 point game against OKC before dislocating a finger on his shooting hand. He's a great fit for San Antonio and he isn't going anywhere. I hope Pop runs the offense more through LMA instead of Kawhi this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you trade Aldridge for Love if the Cavs asked?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's laughing cause sunsfan knows parker isn't .

tell us more about MVParker's trade value thegreat .
    He's laughing cause that trade is completely stupid and helps neither team. Bledsoe is headed towards Brandon Roy 2.0, Tyson Chandler sucks and no way on God's green Earth do they trade away one of their best young assets/players for only Tony Parker and LaMarcus Aldridge.

They'll ask for more in return while leaving a gapping hole in San Antonio's lineup going with that dumbass trade.

Thread Information