My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some relevant injuries already...

It's way too long for something so insignificant. TP9, Red and bunch of other players have suggested shortening the pre-season. It's almost pointless after the third or fourth game...Two weeks should be more than enough as evidence with team not playing their main guys anymore..at least at a certain point. It shouldnt take that long to pick the 15th guy.

How about getting rid of timeout in liveball situations?..Everyone knows and almost everyone agrees the NBA has way too many timeouts in end game situations....

Also..any other alternative to crazy amoutn of free throws? I probably enjoy watching fatbol more in a scenario of 60+ ft..

This preseason..one game had 100+ free throws

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Some relevant injuries already...

It's way too long for something so insignificant. TP9, Red and bunch of other players have suggested shortening the pre-season. It's almost pointless after the third or fourth game...Two weeks should be more than enough as evidence with team not playing their main guys anymore..at least at a certain point. It shouldnt take that long to pick the 15th guy.

How about getting rid of timeout in liveball situations?..Everyone knows and almost everyone agrees the NBA has way too many timeouts in end game situations....

Also..any other alternative to crazy amoutn of free throws? I probably enjoy watching fatbol more in a scenario of 60+ ft..

This preseason..one game had 100+ free throws

Today's NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same reason the government doesn't get smaller. No one wants to lose that extra money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same reason the government doesn't get smaller. No one wants to lose that extra money.
    Not a whole lot of money in one week of pre-season..

Tony Parker and JJ red said they would be more than happy with a shorter preseason. Ot really doesnt do anything with their potential salary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a whole lot of money in one week of pre-season..

Tony Parker and JJ red said they would be more than happy with a shorter preseason. Ot really doesnt do anything with their potential salary.
    It's still money they wouldn't get otherwise. They aren't going to extend the season. Also, having this much preseason should allow coaches to see potential players in actual games and determine who's not in shape. I'm sure Tony wants fewer games.. he's old and fat.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's still money they wouldn't get otherwise. They aren't going to extend the season. Also, having this much preseason should allow coaches to see potential players in actual games and determine who's not in shape. I'm sure Tony wants fewer games.. he's old and fat.
    I think they should extend it to 86 games so every team would have equal schedules in their own conferences like they used to... meaning every team plays exactly 4 games against every conference team, eliminating deviations that come into play big time late in the season.

Of course, you take 4 games away from preseason and move everything back an extra week on top of that in October.

Thread Information