Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After much consideration, Kori and I have decided to relinquish our admin roles on SpursTalk as part of a reorganizational plan to ensure the site's brightest possible future. Although we have received lucrative offers to sell the message board and the domain, we have instead handed the keys over to a trusted original member of SpursTalk who we're confident can guide this ship to its full potential.

While more details will be posted soon, here are some key takeaways from our vision of SpursTalk's future:

-Free from the time-consuming, behind-the-scenes administrative drama, I will be able to participate on the forum on a regular basis. For this, I am excited.

-Kori and I will no longer have admin or moderator access (per our request). Instead, a new support process will be implemented to provide faster and more reliable support.

-To keep SpursTalk afloat, we signed off on plans to raise the needed money to pay for the server fees, vBulletin licensing fees, and other miscellaneous costs. For the last 13+ years, Kori and I have paid for everything out of our own pockets. Don't fret, there will be no advertisements. Rather, the money will be raised by charging new users a registration fee and offering optional 'upgrades' to current members.

-Kori and I will be donating $3,000 to the SpursTalk coffers to help ease the transition. It is our hope that between the initial $3,000, new registration fees, and optional upgrades, the new administration will be able to cover SpursTalk’s operational costs and keep the forum up and running in perpetuity.

-While many sites are increasing censorship, there are plans to decrease the censorship on SpursTalk even further. At the same time, new features will be added to help raise the bar in terms of quality content.

Overall, I haven't been as confident as I am now about the future of SpursTalk in a long while. Kori and I had a memorable ride owning and operating SpursTalk the last 14 or so years but now we're thrilled to be on the other side. I want to thank the original member who offered to grab the wheel and allow me to get back to doing the only thing I've ever wanted to do on SpursTalk: talk basketball.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad to hear the pain is over.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MOD me whenever.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad no censorship increase... that is the big takeaway.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a pleasure No need for thanks tbh, fwiw, fyi, fify, icirc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With even less censorship, will we see the Gods being unpinked?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can I at least be an advisor?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With people paying greens to register, I highly doubt censorship would remain will remain free and even better as Memphis in 4 claims it to be.

Tons of new blood with decent takes like Chinook and Kawhistorm..paying for registration is really going to kill the numbers of new blood.

Looking forward to op's hilariously wrong predictions, per par and the mindless casuals sucking his tip in his bb analysis filled with wrong prediction cliche and antiquated takes. Was always a part of the spurstalk culture...sad that it had to end in 2013.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ads are better than reg fees, TBH.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apa is such a got. Quit trying so damn hard jesus.

Anyway as far as the registration fees go my worries would be the same as others. That there wont be any new members due to the fees. I know I personally would probably never pay to post on a basketball forum. I have actually never heard of one you have to pay for.

Who is taking over the site btw? Is it NoNo?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Make me a mod or bold me. Ban el slayer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your boss at whattaburger must really be getting on your ass lately. Don't worry. Things will get better.

Needing the validation of being bolded on a message board just screams pathetic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your boss at whattaburger must really be getting on your ass lately. Don't worry. Things will get better.

Needing the validation of being bolded on a message board just screams pathetic.
    ing cry about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Job smack..I've seen 4 year olds with better creativity than that...

I would suggest setting up a patreon account. Patreon accounts will have access to certain game threads like Game grade reveiws or certain subforums.

Probably best way to kill the registration.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing cry about it.
    bold me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Says he'll be free to post on ST consistently now.

Makes this thread then leaves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Job smack..I've seen 4 year olds with better creativity than that...

I would suggest setting up a patreon account. Patreon accounts will have access to certain game threads like Game grade reveiws or certain subforums.

Probably best way to kill the registration.
    Oh off, you are far and away one of the most pathetic individuals I have ever had the displeasure of knowing.

I'm not one for fighting, but if I were to ever meet you in real life I would beat the absolute out of you. Acting all edgy and tough while hiding behind a computer screen. got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    +unban the Biebs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for everything, LJ and Kori. Despite its ups and downs, SpursTalk has been a haven for Spurs fans and a daily visit for me for more than a decade. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that I'd be saddened to punch in this URL and get hit with a 404.

Look forward to seeing more of your contributions in the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like SpursTalk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the goat posters tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regarding forthcoming new registration fees, registration has been turned off 99.9% of the time for years now due to the inability of vBulletin to stop spammers. So, while the majority of potential new members won't pay the nominal fee, we'll still see more new members than we have in a long time, even if just 1% pay.

Blocks spammers; helps keep SpursTalk alive. Not too terrible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow..People turning this thread into fights and suggestive fist punches. So disrespectful.

This is a time to celebrate memphis in 4 return...totally uncalled for to highjack this thread. Pink or ban worthy, imo.

Thread Information