My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Console peasants taking Ls left and right, as per par

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    The Switch is a more than $400 console considering you have to pay $70 for a decent controller, another $25 for 64 GB microSD card, and then $10 for a screen protector (since the dock supposedly scratches the out of the screen). LOL $405 for something as powerful as a ten year old PS3. LOL Nintendo nickel and diming their customers.
    Boiled down:::it's still cheaper than building a gaming rig just to end up playing console games anyway.

PCfats

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boiled down:::it's still cheaper than building a gaming rig just to end up playing console games anyway.

PCfats
    It's a piece of console though with one game. If you were arguing for PS4 with its huge library of great games that regularly sells for less than $250 you'd be more convincing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cemu is a Wii U emulator, so it's definitely not playing the Switch version of the game

I'm not thrilled about the Switch, but I'd still rather spend $300 on that than thousands on computer parts just to play console games on emulators, barely optimized console ports, and indie games that are typically also available on consoles. PC gaming is one of the biggest scams going, tbh.
    Cemu is pretty awesome, especially for being maybe a year old. In all games I have played when you play through a new area the first time it stutters like while building a shader cache, but any time after that it's really smooth and you can play some of these games at 4k easily on a 1060 after that (I mean my 970 can and a 1060 is like 10-15% better). There is a reddit site where people post shader caches that you can install so you don't get those stutters supposedly, but I haven't tried it yet (mainly because there are like three interesting Wii U games: Bayonetta 2, Super Mario 3D World, and Breath of the Wild).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cemu is a Wii U emulator, so it's definitely not playing the Switch version of the game

I'm not thrilled about the Switch, but I'd still rather spend $300 on that than thousands on computer parts just to play console games on emulators, barely optimized console ports, and indie games that are typically also available on consoles. PC gaming is one of the biggest scams going, tbh.
    1.My PC was 1500.00 not including monitor, and it's multi use. Expensive, but justified.

2. Freedom to play PC games, emulators, and console ports alike, which are usually the definitive version of said game, ie Witcher 3 and GTA V, both very optimized.

3. Interchangable components vs being forced to purchasing a brand new console every three four years.. Roughly 5-6 bills for console, controller, and a couple games. adds up just the same.

4. Steam sales, GOG sales, grey market G2A keys instead of waiting for Black Friday or Greatest Hits editions to get savings. Not to mention Skidrow Reloaded 100% off sales .

Nintendorks

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    It's a piece of console though with one game. If you were arguing for PS4 with its huge library of great games that regularly sells for less than $250 you'd be more convincing.
    Like I said, I'm not particularly high on the Switch. I won't buy one until they come out with a sturdier redesigned model and it gets more games. My point is just that buying a console (any console, really) is a better deal than PC gaming.

Cemu is pretty awesome, especially for being maybe a year old. In all games I have played when you play through a new area the first time it stutters like while building a shader cache, but any time after that it's really smooth and you can play some of these games at 4k easily on a 1060 after that (I mean my 970 can and a 1060 is like 10-15% better). There is a reddit site where people post shader caches that you can install so you don't get those stutters supposedly, but I haven't tried it yet (mainly because there are like three interesting Wii U games: Bayonetta 2, Super Mario 3D World, and Breath of the Wild).
    From a technical perspective, Cemu is very impressive. Especially once you see how far RPCS3 is from emulating most worthwhile PS3 games by comparison. And Xenia (the Xbox 360 emulator) is even further away from relevance.

Still, it will never not be funny that one of PCfats' main selling points is being able to emulate console games. These are the same console games that PCfats insist are until they either get ported to PC or can be faithfully emulated, mind you. The end result is PCfats spending ungodly amounts of money to play the same games that "console peasants" are playing for much cheaper.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this

Clipper Nation must be a paid Nintendo shill, where's Cosmored

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    1.My PC was 1500.00 not including monitor, and it's multi use. Expensive, but justified.

2. Freedom to play PC games, emulators, and console ports alike, which are usually the definitive version of said game, ie Witcher 3 and GTA V, both very optimized.

3. Interchangable components vs being forced to purchasing a brand new console every three four years.. Roughly 5-6 bills for console, controller, and a couple games. adds up just the same.

4. Steam sales, GOG sales, grey market G2A keys instead of waiting for Black Friday or Greatest Hits editions to get savings. Not to mention Skidrow Reloaded 100% off sales .

Nintendorks
    1. Meanwhile, you can play most of the same games and a ton of awesome exclusives on a PS4 for $250. PC Sucker Race

2. Using console games as a selling point just shows how pointless PC gaming is. If it weren't for consoles, the only games PCfats would have are -tier indie les and early-access survival games. PC gamers should be thanking console gamers for financially supporting the platforms that people actually want to develop for, which in turn enables the PC to get a steady stream of ports.

3. A new graphics card alone costs the same as or even more than a PS4 Pro. That's not even getting into all the other that PC users feel the need to keep upgrading to get minor performance boosts.

4. All Steam and similar services do is make sure you can never truly own a game again. You can only rent it for as long as Denuvo allows you to play it. PCucks

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Meanwhile, you can play most of the same games and a ton of awesome exclusives on a PS4 for $250. PC Sucker Race
    DJR is a poorsung. He pirates every game he plays.

The only person who hypes PC games here but doesn't like paying for the games themselves.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    DJR is a poorsung. He pirates every game he plays.

The only person who hypes PC games here but doesn't like paying for the games themselves.
    Most hardcore PC gamers are shameless pirates, tbh. Then they wonder why they hardly get any decent exclusives while consoles still get tons of great exclusives every generation. As it turns out, the people who financially support the industry by paying for games get rewarded for it. Imagine that!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

2. Using console games as a selling point just shows how pointless PC gaming is. If it weren't for consoles, the only games PCfats would have are -tier indie les and early-access survival games. PC gamers should be thanking console gamers for financially supporting the platforms that people actually want to develop for, which in turn enables the PC to get a steady stream of ports.

3. A new graphics card alone costs the same as or even more than a PS4 Pro. That's not even getting into all the other that PC users feel the need to keep upgrading to get minor performance boosts.

4. All Steam and similar services do is make sure you can never truly own a game again. You can only rent it for as long as Denuvo allows you to play it. PCucks
    1. Not worried about cheapest method to play a game, worried more about playing the best version of the game. Sub 30 FPS doesn't cut it after playing games at 100+ FPS with all the modern graphics options on.

2. I don't really trash the console games, I trash the console itself.

3. My 1060 was 230.00, cheaper than a PS4 Pro. Running games beautifully on a system I made in 2012.

4. Don't drink the anti-DRM koolaid, I play all my games online or offline, you are not required to connect to Steam to play. It's on your hard drive, it's yours. You up and violate the TOS, you get banned and lose your rights to re-download. Same exact process w/ consoles as physical purchases are phasing out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I said, I'm not particularly high on the Switch. I won't buy one until they come out with a sturdier redesigned model and it gets more games. My point is just that buying a console (any console, really) is a better deal than PC gaming.
    No one in his right mind is a PC gamer for price to performance. There are really two classes of PC gaming: (1) the WOW / CS:GO / LOL / TF2 players and (2) the people who want to pay extra for higher performance in AAA games. In case (1) you're talking $400 counting Windows for a system that can play games you can't get on any console. So you can't make that argument for them. In case (2) you're probably talking $850 counting Windows to play games at 60 fps at 1080p (I don't think PC gaming makes any sense at budgets between say $450 and $800 since you'll get console level performance). So in the second case you're right, the console is way cheaper. People will make the Steam Sales argument for PC but if you buy a PS4 or XB1 there are great sales on games too through their respective stores also (though Nintendo never seems to put their games on sale). So that pretty much evens out.

But in case (2) you're paying more for a better experience. 60 fps is quite a bit smoother than 30 fps as long as it's a steady 60 fps. It's not a game breaking deal to where I couldn't play games at 30 fps, as I love playing my PS4 / PS3 / XBox360. But if there was a $600-$700 PS4 that could do 1080p at 60 fps I would definitely have bought it over the $230 PS4 Slim I have that does 1080p at 30 fps. It's like some people want a 65" 4k OLED TV, some are fine with a 40" 1080p LCD. I don't think either TV buyer would be stupid to go for what they get.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, theres only one console exclusive that pains me not to have.. Madden 17

Played that for the first time since Madden 09 and god damn it's great.. They even updated the commentary to reflect the completed season/awards etc.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    1. Not worried about cheapest method to play a game, worried more about playing the best version of the game. Sub 30 FPS doesn't cut it after playing games at 100+ FPS with all the modern graphics options on.

2. I don't really trash the console games, I trash the console itself.

3. My 1060 was 230.00, cheaper than a PS4 Pro. Running games beautifully on a system I made in 2012.

4. Don't drink the anti-DRM koolaid, I play all my games online or offline, you are not required to connect to Steam to play. It's on your hard drive, it's yours. You up and violate the TOS, you get banned and lose your rights to re-download. Same exact process w/ consoles as physical purchases are phasing out.
    1. Yet PCucks are bragging that Zelda barely runs at 29 FPS on Cemu after disabling all grass and water. Besides, obsessing over frame rates is as autistic as it gets. If you hear PCfats tell it, any game that runs under 60 FPS might as well be a PowerPoint slideshow. Do you refuse to watch movies because 24 FPS is the industry standard?

2. But consoles are the only things keeping PC gamers from having literally nothing to play It's like biting the hand that feeds you.

3. That still costs about as much as a PS4 Slim with a game bundled in. And it's only one part of the whole computer.

4. Most of the big-name les worth playing on Steam nowadays come with Denuvo built in. It even says "incorporates third-party DRM: Denuvo An amper" on the Steam pages for the games. Steam itself doesn't require you to always be online, but Denuvo requires constant online activation. 10-15 years from now, many of these games will be unplayable once their servers are taken down. A big reason for all this draconian DRM is because of pirates who feel en led to play games for free. But a lot of it also has to do with services like Steam that have tricked PC gamers into accepting a new business model where they can never truly own games again. Steam themselves aren't cracking down, but they've helped create an environment where others (like Denuvo) can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Yet PCucks are bragging that Zelda barely runs at 29 FPS on Cemu after disabling all grass and water. Besides, obsessing over frame rates is as autistic as it gets. If you hear PCfats tell it, any game that runs under 60 FPS might as well be a PowerPoint slideshow. Do you refuse to watch movies because 24 FPS is the industry standard?

2. But consoles are the only things keeping PC gamers from having literally nothing to play It's like biting the hand that feeds you.

3. That still costs about as much as a PS4 Slim with a game bundled in. And it's only one part of the whole computer.

4. Most of the big-name les worth playing on Steam nowadays come with Denuvo built in. It even says "incorporates third-party DRM: Denuvo An amper" on the Steam pages for the games. Steam itself doesn't require you to always be online, but Denuvo requires constant online activation. 10-15 years from now, many of these games will be unplayable once their servers are taken down. A big reason for all this draconian DRM is because of pirates who feel en led to play games for free. But a lot of it also has to do with services like Steam that have tricked PC gamers into accepting a new business model where they can never truly own games again. Steam themselves aren't cracking down, but they've helped create an environment where others (like Denuvo) can.
    1. You're a 20-30 something year old Nintendo die hard, you may be a little on the autistic scale yourself.

2. There are console exclusives and multi-plats, and PC exclusives.. Console exclusives aren't stopping me from having a great selection of games, you're sounding like Apali now

3. As stated before, my PC is multi-purpose.. It's not exclusively limited to gaming so can't really be too hung up on total price. The component that drives my games specifically cost me 230 bucks.

4. Who cares about Denuvo besides pirates? Buy the game and it's yours, really a worthless argument unless you wanna talk about "always on" DRM like Diablo 3 has. And btw, Denuvo is a one time activation, not planning to lose Internet and go Amish anytime soon.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    1. I'm a Nintendo fan who enjoys many of their first-party games, but I'm not a stan. The true autists are the people who still preordered the Switch even after the Wii U's failure and the 3DS' disastrous launch (before they started cutting the price). They're the same idiots who can't handle any criticism of Nintendo even though their outdated practices keep biting them in the ass.

2. Good exclusives are a bonus that PC gamers mostly miss out on. You seem to have a mature perspective about exclusives, but most hardcore PC gamers constantly whine about how "anti-consumer" they are. Well, except for when the PC gets a rare decent exclusive, like the original Mount & Blade. They have no qualms bragging about those.

3. Fair point.

4. Some of the anti-Denuvo sentiment is definitely coming from pirates who feel en led to games for free. But DRM also comes with valid concerns about preserving old games and ownership rights to games you paid for. We're already seeing this with issues like Windows 10 bricking any games that used SecuROM. For the record: last I checked, Denuvo required online reactivation for every hardware change/upgrade, which is a pretty big deal for PC gaming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh from what I've seen, people who hate on Denuvo or any DRM are just pirates under the guise of "DRM penalizes us paying customers!!" - That's bull , DRM does not cause any negative effect on a paying customer, unless it's always on and you are in a position where you can't go online.. But tbh, who the in this day and age lives without some form of internet access?

Anyways, wgaf about Denuvo, it's dead in the water regardless. Bottom line is, you produce a bad ass game, people are going to buy it. CD Projekt Red has proven this with Witcher 3.

IMO, the best anti-piracy method is including a fun online multiplayer component like GTA Online.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still, it will never not be funny that one of PCfats' main selling points is being able to emulate console games. These are the same console games that PCfats insist are until they either get ported to PC or can be faithfully emulated, mind you. The end result is PCfats spending ungodly amounts of money to play the same games that "console peasants" are playing for much cheaper.
    I think it's pretty cool to essentially have a lot of different systems in one centralized place via emulation. I'm not going to hook up 10 different consoles with a bunch of HDMI switchers. Having four was already enough of a pain in the ass that I put my 360 on my PC monitor and my Wii on a different TV (though any Wii game that supports the classic controller I'd rather play on Dolphin on my PC).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2. Good exclusives are a bonus that PC gamers mostly miss out on. You seem to have a mature perspective about exclusives, but most hardcore PC gamers constantly whine about how "anti-consumer" they are. Well, except for when the PC gets a rare decent exclusive, like the original Mount & Blade. They have no qualms bragging about those.
    LOL, I hate hearing the whining from the PC Master Race who spend $2500+ on their watercooled systems and think every game should be written specifically for SLI GTX 1080 and that consoles hold PCs back. What a load of crap, if PC ever became the dominant gaming platform we'd only get Warcraft and League of Legends and other that can run on a $300 computer. Because when most people go into Walmart or Best Buy for a gaming computer they walk out with a $700 system that might have an i5 in it, but it has a dog GPU like a GTX 745 that's worse than the one in the XB1/PS4. Then they buy a new gpu and it doesn't work because their prebuilt computer has a low quality 250W power supply that was just barely enough for the i5 and GTX 745. PC gaming (at least PC AAA gaming) is massively stupid for people who don't build their own computer, so there is a high barrier to entry for PC gaming. I never want to see PC the dominant platform or we'll just be getting crap games like the PES 2017 port designed to run on Intel's integrated graphics.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I think it's pretty cool to essentially have a lot of different systems in one centralized place via emulation.
    You don't even need a high-end gaming rig to do that, tbh. You just need a Raspberry Pi, which costs like $30, with RetroPie loaded on it. You can emulate every 3rd, 4th and 5th generation console on it, plus the GameCube, Wii, arcade, and vintage PC games, all on one tiny board. I'm not tech-savvy enough to know if you can plug it in to a CRT to get those beautiful scanlines, but I'd assume you can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't even need a high-end gaming rig to do that, tbh. You just need a Raspberry Pi, which costs like $30, with RetroPie loaded on it. You can emulate every 3rd, 4th and 5th generation console on it, plus the GameCube, Wii, arcade, and vintage PC games, all on one tiny board. I'm not tech-savvy enough to know if you can plug it in to a CRT to get those beautiful scanlines, but I'd assume you can.
    I'd be surprised if Dolphin can run well on the Raspberry Pi 3, that's pretty cpu intensive. You definitely need a modern Intel cpu to run PCSX2 to emulate the PS2 well. Ryzen should do it well too, but not the FX series cpus. Not sure if the Pi 3 can do Dreamcast well or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PAX this Friday

Big presence from Loltendo and Xlol...

Lots of PC Master race stuff around too, especially Intel, Oculus, Samsung, Micron and a lot of board games, cosplay and like that. Pretty impressed with the size of this expo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PAX this Friday

Big presence from Loltendo and Xlol...

Lots of PC Master race stuff around too, especially Intel, Oculus, Samsung, Micron and a lot of board games, cosplay and like that. Pretty impressed with the size of this expo.
    I read somewhere that lulbox has over a thousand games in development which means they'll all suck. Quan y over quality.

No wonder they keep taking Ls.

Thread Information