Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You and I butted heads in that thread, but I knew you weren't out and out advocating to trade LMA. We were just debating... silly things like validity and subjective opinions and objective analysis, as it was being put out there.

But interpretive cognizance and lack of it is a real thing and we are all a victim of it more times than we like to admit.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take RJ Hunter over ScrubMo in a heartbeat.
    I'd take RJ for Simmons for sure.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're waived for a reason...
    You should be waived for a reason...

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those of you interested in RJ Hunter, Jarrell Eddie just got waived.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RYAN GONE! caps

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol Boston trying to grt a second rounder for RJ Hunter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone knew this was going to happen..three more guys to waive. LJC despite his contract..dude is so deficient skill wise

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder why they did it so early? Maybe there is still a chance he catches on? I know they were talking about teams doing it on Saturday, but really early. Also makes me wonder what's going to happen with Richards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take RJ Hunter over ScrubMo in a heartbeat.
    This^^

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well in the interview with Pop, he said they would make the decision tonight.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well in the interview with Pop, he said they would make the decision tonight.
    What decision? The final roster spot decision?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What decision? The final roster spot decision?
    yes, ill post links

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, Pop's dead fish eye interview game is in almost-regular season form. Guess he's ready to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And think about it from this perspective, do you want these guys sweating it out all night. It's not "classy" or Spurs way imo. We'll know some point tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, Pop's dead fish eye interview game is in almost-regular season form. Guess he's ready to go.
    his eyes were bloodshot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder why they did it so early? Maybe there is still a chance he catches on? I know they were talking about teams doing it on Saturday, but really early. Also makes me wonder what's going to happen with Richards.
    They just extended Kyle today too. I am thinking it's just taking care of business. Whatever it was they needed to get squared up and discuss among the coaches they have and want to move on with other things.

I remember on the Laprovittola thing, he really looked to be the front runner and was playing well, but Pop gave that interview where he said they would wait until the last game to make decisions, unless someone needed an answer sooner. Lapro definitely must have caught a good offer somewhere and had his chat with Pop and made up his mind on what was best for him. Why hold up the decision. They probably know who they want. What is going to be difficult is deciding whether they want to cut someone already under contract to get Anthony and Forbes in the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They just extended Kyle today too. I am thinking it's just taking care of business. Whatever it was they needed to get squared up and discuss among the coaches they have and want to move on with other things.

I remember on the Laprovittola thing, he really looked to be the front runner and was playing well, but Pop gave that interview where he said they would wait until the last game to make decisions, unless someone needed an answer sooner. Lapro definitely must have caught a good offer somewhere and had his chat with Pop and made up his mind on what was best for him. Why hold up the decision. They probably know who they want. What is going to be difficult is deciding whether they want to cut someone already under contract to get Anthony and Forbes in the team.
    Sign Forbes, Garino, and Anthony and cut Simmons and LJC and call it a day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sign Forbes, Garino, and Anthony and cut Simmons and LJC and call it a day.
    I wouldn't cut LJC for Pato. He should still be there with the Toros if the team needs him. He has some things that make him a good prospect, but he has issues as well. And he's older the Livio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't cut LJC for Pato. He should still be there with the Toros if the team needs him. He has some things that make him a good prospect, but he has issues as well. And he's older the Livio.
    But, but, but, Pato can be played right now imo. Livio can't. What's he going to do on offense? Pato has an NBA skill right now, his defense albeit unrefined, and helps the ball movement. He's very close to being a 3 and D player right now. A little bit more repe ions and he could do it. Personally, although insignificant, I trust him when he's in the game. He makes few mistakes and plays very solid d. He's also at a position as of now that needs a little more bolstering.

But in my mind it's Anthony for Livio, and Garino for Simmons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The news is probably gonna be broken by Charania.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But, but, but, Pato can be played right now imo. Livio can't. What's he going to do on offense? Pato has an NBA skill right now, his defense albeit unrefined, and helps the ball movement. He's very close to being a 3 and D player right now. A little bit more repe ions and he could do it. Personally, although insignificant, I trust him when he's in the game. He makes few mistakes and plays very solid d. He's also at a position as of now that needs a little more bolstering.

Its crazy but I trust Pato more than Simmons.

Pato is not going to heroball. He's going to take a shot hit or miss, and will make decisions aimed at moving the ball. Yea he will make a mistake here or there but I have definitely liked what he has for a rookie and he's needed. I agree. He's also played in the olympics, that kind of thing steels oneself for compe ion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Simmons of last preseason could not hold a candle next to Pato TBH but I will be disappointed when Pato goes to the dleague and we keep Simmons. lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Garino for Simmons makes sense, and Anthony in general makes sense. But the Spurs getting rid of a player whom they control for 4-9 years for a one-year, 34-year-old vet is hardly an obvious choice. There's no question that Livio doesn't look good now. But with the way guys can improve over time, you have to give him that chance, in my opinion. You don't need 15 guys who can all play now. You have to develop people too, and honestly, I'd feel more comfortable with Livio in a game than Murray right now, because at least Livio is going to make the right rotation on defense and not clog up the offense trying to do too much.

Again, though, I firmly believe Pato will be there in Austin if the Spurs need him. He's done nothing that would make another team desperate to sign him, especially over the guys who are going to get cut from other teams. And whenever the Spurs decide to sign him, they can give him the exact same deal he has already, including regaining his RFA rights. With Livio, if he's cut, he can't be brought back on the same deal.

Thread Information