Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs still getting a lot of love here fwiw. I was pleasantly surprised. Isaiah Thomas picked SA out of the west probably just predicting an injury or bad chemistry for GS but it's still cool. And of course a lot of 3peat predictions for the Klaw Not bad for NBA.com's "experts", it was almost unanimously GS but I didn't think anyone would deviate.

http://www.nba.com/article/2016/10/1...rt-predictions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone who picks the spurs or any team beside the warriors or Cavs is what I would call trying too hard.

Also no Leonard MVP..another stupidity.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron is a lock for MVP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone who doesn't pick the Dubs to win it all is just trying to get ratings/views

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone who picks the spurs or any team beside the warriors or Cavs is what I would call trying too hard.

pre-season make-up vote for Lebron after his Final performance in full effect (zero votes for Curry )..2017 MVP is 'Bron Jordan's 1998 after he outplayed Choke-alone...

It going to take Kawhi making another big leap + LBJ showing legit sings of decline along with his coasting or Spurs get the overall top seed, which is unlikely..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone who doesn't pick the Dubs to win it all is just trying to get ratings/views
    W's should be on a 2013-2014-Spurs type mission, trying to erase losing a 3-1 Finals lead.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not sure about that. Someone should bring up the predictions in 2013. Those deep in the know (i.e. Spurstalk) knew the Spurs were the choice to come out of the West after the 2012 successes. Everyone instead picked the Lakers (lol), and a handful picked OKC. One guy, Hollister or Arnovitz, picked the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs were given respect. All in all the 'predictions' were predictable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate starting new threads. This looked like a good place to throw some off-season fodder. "Which teams have the best winning percentage in NBA history":

http://hoopshype.com/2016/10/06/whic...ge-in-history/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure about that. Someone should bring up the predictions in 2013. Those deep in the know (i.e. Spurstalk) knew the Spurs were the choice to come out of the West after the 2012 successes. Everyone instead picked the Lakers (lol), and a handful picked OKC. One guy, Hollister or Arnovitz, picked the Spurs.
    Sure, but this warrio team already tastes success amd won 73 games..They just added a top 5 player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isaiah Thomas also thinks the Kings are a sleeper team to make the playoffs

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ITT a guard for the Celtics is making predictions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, hence the "fwiw" acronym. I mean it's fun to read that but ultimately you're right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ITT a guard for the Celtics is making predictions.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you check these "expert predictions" from ESPN and/or ex-NBA players in past years, they're virtually always atrocious and horribly inaccurate, tbh

Ex-players are atrocious at making predictions(Barkley being the notorious example)..IIRC, Barkley and McGrady said the Grizzlies and Blazers were the best teams in the West, 2 years ago

The best example being the NFL picks segment on Fox, where several comedians(Frank Caliendo was one, can't remember the others) destroyed the ex-players in weekly picks throughout an entire season..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you check these "expert predictions" from ESPN and/or ex-NBA players in past years, they're virtually always atrocious and horribly inaccurate, tbh

Ex-players are atrocious at making predictions(Barkley being the notorious example)..IIRC, Barkley and McGrady said the Grizzlies and Blazers were the best teams in the West, 2 years ago

The best example being the NFL picks segment on Fox, where several comedians(Frank Caliendo was one, can't remember the others) destroyed the ex-players in weekly picks throughout an entire season..
    Ex-players are the worst, I agree. Sometimes being on the inside for so long warps your brain and you see things differently, incorrectly. Doesn't old Chucky Barkley get me right from time to time though?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ex-players are the worst, I agree. Sometimes being on the inside for so long warps your brain and you see things differently, incorrectly. Doesn't old Chucky Barkley get me right from time to time though?
    He called the 2011 Mavs and last year's Cavs IIRC..been wrong on every other Finals prediction since 2010(at least), though

Dan LeBa on ESPN has a radio show, and he frequently plays mixed clips of "expert analysts", mostly his ESPN colleagues, making outrageously wrong predictions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He called the 2011 Mavs and last year's Cavs IIRC..been wrong on every other Finals prediction since 2010(at least), though

Dan LeBa on ESPN has a radio show, and he frequently plays mixed clips of "expert analysts", mostly his ESPN colleagues, making outrageously wrong predictions
    Yeah LeBa isn't bad, I listen to him from time to time. I've not heard that segment though!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isaiah Thomas also thinks the Kings are a sleeper team to make the playoffs
    Someone needs to take the mic from that guy before he hurts himself.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate starting new threads. This looked like a good place to throw some off-season fodder. "Which teams have the best winning percentage in NBA history":

http://hoopshype.com/2016/10/06/whic...ge-in-history/
    I remember the Spurs passing the Lakers in the last few years but I didn't realize they had opened up a 1.7% gap on them, that's pretty massive. Shouldn't be surprising with the Spurs' 67 wins last year and the Lakers being terrible recently, but I'm surprised nonetheless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dunno. They're certainly the best team as it stands, but I could honestly see them getting a lot of injuries.

They're going to take every team's best shot every single night. If Durant, Green, or Steph go down, they're by no means unstoppable. And I think that's somewhat likely to happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember the Spurs passing the Lakers in the last few years but I didn't realize they had opened up a 1.7% gap on them, that's pretty massive. Shouldn't be surprising with the Spurs' 67 wins last year and the Lakers being terrible recently, but I'm surprised nonetheless.

The thing that makes the Spurs' record so remarkable is that they have been at or near the bottom of the draft order for so long. These other teams are getting regular talent infusions at a cheap price. And as much credit as they get, it's still not enough. Admittedly, Robinson and Duncan were generational talents that they got from 1st overall picks. But the best record over time means you're getting the worst picks in the drafts. It's freaking genius what they have done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron is a lock for MVP
    He's going to be 32 in a couple months and has a lot of mileage. He's no lock, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of predictions, I've seen some people speculate that ratings will go down this season because people are taking it as a foregone conclusion that the Dubs have bought themselves a Championship and therefore, there's no point in watching games outside of their games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of predictions, I've seen some people speculate that ratings will go down this season because people are taking it as a foregone conclusion that the Dubs have bought themselves a Championship and therefore, there's no point in watching games outside of their games.
    Silver should have made the "Stern" decision then. Missed opportunity for compe ion, as what Stern would have been thinking about, that ...

Thread Information