Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is so obvious Dedmon would fit a lot better with the starters than Pau. Same case with Patty and Tony. But you gotta keep the divas happy.

I wonder if Pop might be able to sell Tony and Pau the all former all-star bench consisting of Tony, Manu, Lee and Pau.
    Tony and Manu would be redundant in the backcourt. Since Tony is relegated to playing a facilitator role these days; And that's what Manu does best at this point in his career. Both need the ball in their hands to be effective. Yeah Manu could defer and just be a shooting guard out there, but do you really want Tony running the offense while Manu is out there. If Tony was a better shooter it could work.

But it is obvious Patty does deserve to start. As long as Pop treats Patty like a prime Manu playing the sixth man role this year. Patty should be playing the majority of closing minutes this year. If he shows Tony too much love we are going to have problems.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was pretty confident that Lee could contribute more than West. About Dedmon I was less sure of his contribution. He may still be prone to fouls, but as the last big off the bench who cares if he gets five or six in blowouts.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tres going in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony and Manu would be redundant in the backcourt. Since Tony is relegated to playing a facilitator role these days; And that's what Manu does best at this point in his career. Both need the ball in their hands to be effective. Yeah Manu could defer and just be a shooting guard out there, but do you really want Tony running the offense while Manu is out there. If Tony was a better shooter it could work.

But it is obvious Patty does deserve to start. As long as Pop treats Patty like a prime Manu playing the sixth man role this year. Patty should be playing the majority of closing minutes this year. If he shows Tony too much love we are going to have problems.
    Tony should just retire, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am starting to think without Kawhi starting our bench would be better then our starters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    starters
    MIN FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF +/- PTS
    P. GasolPF 31 9-18 1-2 1-2 3 8 11 3 0 2 0 2 -1 20
    D. LeePF
    25 3-7 0-0 2-2 4 7 11 0 1 0 0 4 -3 8
    K. LeonardSF 30 8-16 1-3 10-12 0 2 2 6 1 1 4 3 +12 27
    T. ParkerPG 22 1-4 1-1 0-0 0 2 2 4 0 1 3 3 +1 3
    K. AndersonSG 20 2-3 1-1 0-0 0 1 1 1 0 0 2 2 +7 5
    bench MIN FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF +/- PTS
    J. SimmonsSF 25 2-8 0-1 2-2 0 2 2 3 0 0 0 1 -1 6
    D. BertansSF 17 2-3 2-3 0-0 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 2 +7 6
    D. DedmonC
    16 2-5 0-0 5-6 4 4 8 1 0 0 0 4 +6 9
    P. MillsPG 25 6-10 4-6 2-2 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 +8 18
    M. GinobiliSG 28 2-8 0-1 0-0 2 4 6 2 2 0 5 3 +1 4
    N. LaprovittolaG 1 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 -2 0
    D. MurrayPG DNP-COACH'S DECISION
    B. ForbesSG DNP-COACH'S DECISION
    TEAM 37-82 10-18 22-26 14 30 44 20 4 5 15 26 106

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^ this game would have been an automatic L with the Turd Towers on the glass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    got damn

you cant ask em to do any more, 9 and 8 from dedmon and 8 and 11 from lee

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dewayne and David. Nothing better than a nice double D.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was pretty confident that Lee could contribute more than West. About Dedmon I was less sure of his contribution. He may still be prone to fouls, but as the last big off the bench who cares if he gets five or six in blowouts.
    At least two of his 4 fouls where completely excusable. One he switched on a wing, but still got back to foul Whiteside intentionally, another was a hard foul/block. Make them earn it. Said by Spuristan, with last year's bench big this was a loss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dewayne and David. Nothing better than a nice double D.
    Add in Davis Bertans and we have a triple D.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dedmon+Lee=BIG effort

I loved that play where there was a loose ball on the floor and Dedmon went down to get it...It's so good to have bigs who play a high level of energy

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thing I love about Lee this year, he is listening to Pop. Several times this game Pop was addressing him from the sideline on a dead ball and every time he gave him his undivided attention. You can tell Lee really respects Pop and has elevated his defensive game b/c of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raven! Get in here and tell us about how Lee is trash and the worst defender in NBA history again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raven! Get in here and tell us about how Lee is trash and the worst defender in NBA history again.
    Worst defender in NBA history? I'm not saying David has been good but clearly she's never watched Steve Nash or James Harden play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^ this game would have been an automatic L with the Turd Towers on the glass.
    True

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worst defender in NBA history? I'm not saying David has been good but clearly she's never watched Steve Nash or James Harden play.
    because he is david lee, one of the worst defenders in nba history. It's one thing to have him spark the offense off the bench, get some empty rebounds and ... it's a whole different story to have him start...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thing I love about Lee this year, he is listening to Pop. Several times this game Pop was addressing him from the sideline on a dead ball and every time he gave him his undivided attention. You can tell Lee really respects Pop and has elevated his defensive game b/c of it.
    From Lee in the postgame interview: "Coach was happy and that's all that matters".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He's not been known as a good defender, but I can see that it helps a lot to be on a team where he knows he's going to get some help. He may not be a defensive stopper, but I was too hard on him. So far, he's doing what the Spurs need from him, and he's good enough on D. You can't deny that he's working his ass off the whole time he's on the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not been known as a good defender, but I can see that it helps a lot to be on a team where he knows he's going to get some help. He may not be a defensive stopper, but I was too hard on him. So far, he's doing what the Spurs need from him, and he's good enough on D. You can't deny that he's working his ass off the whole time he's on the floor.
    Yeah, he's been impressive. He's a two time all star and was key in the Dubs championship. I think he's hungry and certainly good enough as a backup.

Of course, after the preseason I was down on Dedmon and Simmons too, so what the do I know?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what's your point, he was a net negative and that was against an awful team..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what's your point, he was a net negative and that was against an awful team..

Really? 8 points, 11 boards, and a steal, and you're going with the +/- rather than just admit that he played a good game? You want it too badly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really? 8 points, 11 boards, and a steal, and you're going with the +/- rather than just admit that he played a good game? You want it too badly.
    what's to want tbh, there is nothing to prove about david lee. It's a discussion long gone. Let's hope he can be useful and hope for the best.. not really much to say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what's to want tbh, there is nothing to prove about david lee. It's a discussion long gone. Let's hope he can be useful and hope for the best.. not really much to say.

Spurs have played 4 games. He's been very useful in all of them. You got your wish.

Now if you stick with the idea that there's not much for you to say, I get my wish too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have played 4 games. He's been very useful in all of them. You got your wish.

Now if you stick with the idea that there's not much for you to say, I get my wish too.
    yeah, but I mean, with the knowledge that he must not be allowed to be anything more than a 10th option...

Thread Information