Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs would have beaten OKC last season if they had Lee and Dedmon in place of Diaw/West imo
    Without question.

Or if Pop simply staggered LA/Kawhi like OKC did Durant/Westbrook.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    All we need from Lee is a positive contribution in the 10-12 minutes he's going to play in the finals....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs would have got past OKC with these two on the roster last season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Energy Duo. Changed everything tonight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs would have beaten OKC last season if they had Lee and Dedmon in place of Diaw/West imo

Count on it. Lee would have suffered some from the height disadvantage - but no more so than West. But his hustle and toughness would have been so much better. And the thought of Dedmon backing up Tim just makes me sad for what could have been.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Count on it. Lee would have suffered some from the height disadvantage - but no more so than West. But his hustle and toughness would have been so much better. And the thought of Dedmon backing up Tim just makes me sad for what could have been.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All we need from Lee is a positive contribution in the 10-12 minutes he's going to play in the finals....

That's it....

-----------------------------------------------------------------

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy how the spurs might not even have this two next year..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just saw a sign in the stands during the pregame video package: They are a Ded-Lee duo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you realize the Spurs replaced washed-up Diaw /West with Dedmon and Lee on the cheap..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you realize the Spurs replaced washed-up Diaw /West with Dedmon and Lee on the cheap..

Best replacement acquisitions in years if not ever to fill in rotation players. Excellent point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best replacement acquisitions in years if not ever to fill in rotation players. Excellent point
    Would certainly like to see both Dedmon and Lee back next season, though Spurs did replace Neal and SJax (both of whom had awful 12-13 seasons) with Mills and Beli (both of whom had career years) they gave Manu help off the bench, along with Diaw 2.0, to have a bounce back season and ultimately helped us win the le, that is probably better. As much hate as West and Diaw got for last years series vs the Thunder, West was probably the 3rd best Spur last year (pretty much every advanced stat has him as either 3rd or 4th).

Lee was solid in Dallas, apparently, but undervalued. Spurs getting him on the Vet min and him having been this productive is reminiscent of West.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately I think Dedmon's play this year is going to result in him getting a bigger offer than we can afford...would definitely like to keep him though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Funny...like a clown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These two are awesome. First time in years (possibly since 2003) that I've been really happy with the bench bigs. Honorable mention to 2014 Boris Diaw.

I'm defense first and I always prefer big men to little guys when starting/building a team (I'd never pick Jordan first when building a team if I could choose any player in NBA history), so I'm pleased with our front line so far this season. I can't stand our guard rotation though. They really need to get much better if we're going to go far in the playoffs.
    Last edited by Ice009; 03-05-2017 at 10:08 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You seldom see any team pick up two bench players in the offseason that bloom and grow to be extremely powerful pieces on the chessboard. I was a little dubious at first on Dedmon because of his reputation for fouling, but wtf, I don't care if he gets 6 if the rest of his game is going good. Lee is so crafty under the boards and can shoot as well.

I love these guys. We got a chance at the championship with them playing well that I don't think we could have without them. POP and RC for executives of the year--again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #DedLeeDuo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a game by Lee, honestly this dude just really knows the game of basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a game by Lee, honestly this dude just really knows the game of basketball.
    This

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice PTR article on the basics of the situation on signing Dedmon next summer.

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2017/...-dedmon-summer

They say it will probably be Dedmon vs Patty if Pau opts in, Lee opts out, we let go of Simmons and Manu retires.
    Last edited by BillMc; 03-07-2017 at 04:23 AM.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice PTR article on the basics of the situation on signing Dedmon next summer.

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2017/...-dedmon-summer

They say it will probably be Dedmon vs Patty if Pau opts in, Lee opts out, we let go of Simmons and Manu retires.
    someone in the comments mentioned the possibility of Spurs offering Pau 3/30 if he opts out, this would allow resigning Mills and Dedmon. I like this idea but only if Mills takes a discount, anything more than 8/yr. and Spurs are better off without him IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    someone in the comments mentioned the possibility of Spurs offering Pau 3/30 if he opts out, this would allow resigning Mills and Dedmon. I like this idea but only if Mills takes a discount, anything more than 8/yr. and Spurs are better off without him IMO.
    I wonder if Pau would go for that. While a good citizen, he's never been one for discounts. Had some issues with the Lakers about $$$ as I recall. Of course, he's older now. Some of it might also be how much he resents/accepts being a backup in his NBA golden years.

Thread Information