Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Count
    I think there are plenty of bowls out there to use for the playoffs.

I'd love to see a first round playoff game played in the Alamodome
    I don't think it's fair for the top seeds or two to have to play three neutral site games especially against an 8th seed which didn't perform as well in the regular season. Otherwise it takes away from the regular big games which is what makes college football so popular. The top 4 seed should have home field in the playoffs in the first round and then the semifinals should use neutral field sites. But they also need to give a G5 school a bid to add in a cinderella factor and give those conferences something to shoot for.

Post Count
    Big 12 was really bad THIS year. But so was the PAC 12. BiG was unusually good. SEC has one major player with a bunch of who knows this year.

Personally I'm gonna throw up with 8 teams. That's 3 games in 3 weeks. The Fn bowl season ends in March. NCAA better take notice of NFL and NBA numbers. We may be witnessing a supersaturated market where precipitation is underway. (chemistry analogy anyone...)
    Pac-12 was actually very strong and College Football Reference had it as the best overall conference this season ahead of the Big 10 which was number 2 and the SEC was 3rd. Big 12 was clearly last barely being ahead of the AAC conference. It also had Bama, Ohio State, Washington, and Michigan as the top 4 teams based on strength of schedule and margin of victory. Penn St was 5th. Clemson was 7th

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/...6-ratings.html

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2016.html

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I don't think it's fair for the top seeds or two to have to play three neutral site games especially against an 8th seed which didn't perform as well in the regular season. Otherwise it takes away from the regular big games which is what makes college football so popular. The top 4 seed should have home field in the playoffs in the first round and then the semifinals should use neutral field sites. But they also need to give a G5 school a bid to add in a cinderella factor and give those conferences something to shoot for.
    Eh, schools play plenty of neutral site games during the regular season as it is. One extra playoff home game isn't that big a deal.

Post Count
    Eh, schools play plenty of neutral site games during the regular season as it is. One extra playoff home game isn't that big a deal.
    It's not a big deal, but I think it somewhat takes away from some of the big regular season games if a lesser 7th or 8th seed have the same reward as a top 1 or 2 seeds who may have had much better regular seasons. That's the only reason I would want the first round to be on campus sites just to reward the top seeds. Otherwise it doesn't make it really fair.

My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    Can't believe I'm saying it, but I actually agree with that got Danny Kanell. (God help me)

Imagine this scenario. Switch Penn State and Ohio State....and their resumes. Say Ohio State finished with 2 losses , but beat Penn St during the regular season and won the Big 10 championship. You think the committee leaves them out? No way in .

Unfortunately, the names of the schools matter to the committee. Ohio State is a bigger name so they will usually get the nod.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Can't believe I'm saying it, but I actually agree with that got Danny Kanell. (God help me)

Imagine this scenario. Switch Penn State and Ohio State....and their resumes. Say Ohio State finished with 2 losses , but beat Penn St during the regular season and won the Big 10 championship. You think the committee leaves them out? No way in .

Unfortunately, the names of the schools matter to the committee. Ohio State is a bigger name so they will usually get the nod.
    Agree.

And I think the Urban Meyer/Nick Saban matchup possibility again is a big draw. Really want to see Alabama play OSU.

A two loss OSU with one of the losses to Oklahoma might have axed them in Kanells scenario. Ahhh. It's very tough to say, but it is interesting.

Thread Information