Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Count
    I don't see Ohio St being left out with their overall resume. Just not gonna happen.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I don't see Ohio St being left out with their overall resume. Just not gonna happen.
    So if Penn St and Clemson win. Then it's definitely Alabama, Clemson & Washington based on current rankings. So you take Ohio St. over Penn St? They beat Ohio St. They won their division which Ohio St was a part of and... they win their conf championship.

Then the NCAA still has to defend the importance of a conference championship game... pffttt. The Big 12 should back off a conference championship if this happens.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So if Penn St and Clemson win. Then it's definitely Alabama, Clemson & Washington based on current rankings. So you take Ohio St. over Penn St? They beat Ohio St. They won their division which Ohio St was a part of and... they win their conf championship.

Then the NCAA still has to defend the importance of a conference championship game... pffttt. The Big 12 should back off a conference championship if this happens.

Cool.

Lets see what happens now.

Was it in retrospect, to Ohio State's advantage to actually sit out a conf. championship thereby eliminating any chance of losing. If so, gtfoh NCAA with this gotta have a championship game for every conference.

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    Perfect. This stupid 4 team playoff system will again be roiled in controversy. Allow the 2-loss Pedo conference champs in? 2 Big-10 teams in at the expense of Washington? Leave the 1-loss #2 ranked team out?

No palatable options, nor should there be. Condoleeza.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Perfect. This stupid 4 team playoff system will again be roiled in controversy. Allow the 2-loss Pedo conference champs in? 2 Big-10 teams in at the expense of Washington? Leave the 1-loss #2 ranked team out?

No palatable options, nor should there be. Condoleeza.
    It really does show how the 4 team system did not change anything. There is always some school that gets a bad deal. Going to 8 would cause the same problems if not more. We might know who definitely deserves in, Alabama this year, but those that deserve a chance?... it's the same old crap.

I personally find it refreshing. This is not an easy thing. If I had to be the ultimate decider I would end the season now and give it to Bama. And I would be fired

$$$$

My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    Allow the 2-loss Pedo conference champs in? 2 Big-10 teams in at the expense of Washington?
    Don't see that happening. Ohio St. will be in. The committee isn't that stupid.

Are they?

Are they?
    It's a dilly of a pickle since Ohio State lost to Pedo State.

Farking choke jobs by Michigan and Wisconsin.

Post Count
    Clemson is the weakest contender based on the metrics. College Football Reference has them around 8. But I would still pick them, but make them 4th. Their resume is not that great.

My Team
    Maryland Terrapins
    Post Count
    Penn St. or Washington will get screwed to make room for Urban's cheaters

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Bracket set

Bama vs Washington

Clemson vs OSU

pedo state

My Team
    Post Count
    Mississippi State is one of the two 5-7 teams to go bowling

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Are they?
    They still look stupid.

Conf. championships are for.... What? Why did Alabama need to play if Ohio St. did not. Alabama would still be in with a loss in the conf. championship.

My Team
    Post Count
    They still look stupid.

Conf. championships are for.... What? Why did Alabama need to play if Ohio St. did not. Alabama would still be in with a loss in the conf. championship.
    Ohio State lost one game all year long on a last second fluke play.

Penn State won the conference championship with 2 losses. Including a loss to Pittsburgh and a 39 point skull ing to Michigan.

What's not to get here? If you think their resume is more impressive than OSU then you're smoking crack. Conference Champs or not. You can't get beat by 40 and then cry about not being included.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Ohio State lost one game all year long on a last second fluke play.

Penn State won the conference championship with 2 losses. Including a loss to Pittsburgh and a 39 point skull ing to Michigan.

What's not to get here? If you think their resume is more impressive than OSU then you're smoking crack. Conference Champs or not. You can't get beat by 40 and then cry about not being included.
    So why must we play conf. championships?

And totally agree with Ohio States resume. And you also forgot to mention they won a few games with some good calls and good fortune. Also as much as I hate PSU, that game with OSU was very even. PSU had a chance to win with some luck.

So yep, I still think it looks stupid getting to sit at home without having to play. What if Alabama had suffered some significant injuries? I might wanna be on the couch as well, get a bye. Pro teams seem to enjoy that 1st round bye.

And congrats on the bowl.
    Im glad our players got nothing. Get to class ya big lugs... You will be making all your finals, no study time lost.
    Last edited by pgardn; 12-04-2016 at 07:07 PM.

My Team
    Post Count
    So why must we play conf. championships?
    The first year of the playoff Ohio St. only got in because they beat the out Wisconsin in the Big 10 championship game by like 60....and they went on to win the Nat'l Championship.

Sometimes it'll help you, sometimes it will hurt you, sometimes it won't matter. Doesn't mean we should do away with Conference Championships game entirely. You're just looking at this one year and determining everything based on it.

This is the first year (I think) that a non-conference champ is in. Doesn't mean you climb to the top of the mountain and start screaming, "Let's do away with Conference Championship Games!!!!"

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Yeah, this pretty much proves nobody needs a conference championship game.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The first year of the playoff Ohio St. only got in because they beat the out Wisconsin in the Big 10 championship game by like 60....and they went on to win the Nat'l Championship.

Sometimes it'll help you, sometimes it will hurt you, sometimes it won't matter. Doesn't mean we should do away with Conference Championships game entirely. You're just looking at this one year and determining everything based on it.

This is the first year (I think) that a non-conference champ is in. Doesn't mean you climb to the top of the mountain and start screaming, "Let's do away with Conference Championship Games!!!!"
    The 4 team playoff has not even been in existence this long. Frankly, if we still had the two team system I think I would be more pleased with Ohio St. v. Alabama this year.
    I guess I stated this wrong. I don't think I stated you can't have a conference championship.
    Why do we have to have a conference championship? It's not a solution

The Big 12 has 9 teams and it works out quite well everyone in the conference playing each other.
    So now you gotta play another game against an opponent you all ready played? That sucks.
    This seems utterly ridiculous. Then you got conferences where teams never even play each other. It's wacked IMO.

Dont know how to do this, but I would really like to see 9-10 teams per conference with 2 or 3 out of conference games. Everyone plays each other within a conference. Then go from there with a playoff setup.

I see this thing headed towards something NCAA basketball-like where you shrink the regular season and go to 16 teams in the playoffs. Same top teams in every year. The regular season becomes insignificant.

My Team
    Post Count
    Well you said, "Why must we play championship games?" Basically, advocating for the elimination of the game. None of what you said will ever happen. None of it. We will never go to 10 team conferences. If anything we will probably go to 16 team conferences. Plus, they will always have the conf. championship game....always. Too much $$$ involved in that game to not play it.

We're talking about things that are extremely unlikely to happen. This committee (even with all its faults) made the right decision IMO. The right 4 teams are in. That's all I can ask for. If you want to go 8 or 16 teams...I'm all for it. But, that's a different discussion.

If you really want to make the committee better...do what we all know must be done. Give that **** Condi Rice the ing boot. Let's start there.

My Team
    Post Count
    Wow. You can't say C U N T?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Well you said, "Why must we play championship games?" Basically, advocating for the elimination of the game. None of what you said will ever happen. None of it. We will never go to 10 team conferences. If anything we will probably go to 16 team conferences. Plus, they will always have the conf. championship game....always. Too much $$$ involved in that game to not play it.

We're talking about things that are extremely unlikely to happen. This committee (even with all its faults) made the right decision IMO. The right 4 teams are in. That's all I can ask for. If you want to go 8 or 16 teams...I'm all for it. But, that's a different discussion.

If you really want to make the committee better...do what we all know must be done. Give that **** Condi Rice the ing boot. Let's start there.
    Yes as I said in an earlier post I understand the $
    And it's just my preferences of course.

I think the more teams, the more horrid the playoffs get. But again $

Basketball IMO, is ridiculous. NBA too many regular season games, too many playoff teams.

Post Count
    I agree. But an 8-team playoff will happen especially if the sorry Big 12 pushes for it which they should. But in order for it to work, home field advantage should be in the first round and the best G5 team should have a bid as well.

The Pac12 was down in 2016, no way Washington belongs. The best Pac12 team are my Trojans.

Should have been....Alabama, Ohio St, Penn State, Clemson. The Big10 far superior to the ACC this season.

Alabama with a mobile QB, that's just too much for anyone. This Bama team could whip up on those Lombaedi Packer teams, dead serious.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The Pac12 was down in 2016, no way Washington belongs. The best Pac12 team are my Trojans.

Should have been....Alabama, Ohio St, Penn State, Clemson. The Big10 far superior to the ACC this season.

Alabama with a mobile QB, that's just too much for anyone. This Bama team could whip up on those Lombaedi Packer teams, dead serious.
    Damn.

I actually find this reasonable.

However your Trojans started the season with major suckage problems and ended up a very improved team. If we had to put the 4 best teams currently I would replace PSU with USC.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I agree. But an 8-team playoff will happen especially if the sorry Big 12 pushes for it which they should. But in order for it to work, home field advantage should be in the first round and the best G5 team should have a bid as well.
    Big 12 was really bad THIS year. But so was the PAC 12. BiG was unusually good. SEC has one major player with a bunch of who knows this year.

Personally I'm gonna throw up with 8 teams. That's 3 games in 3 weeks. The Fn bowl season ends in March. NCAA better take notice of NFL and NBA numbers. We may be witnessing a supersaturated market where precipitation is underway. (chemistry analogy anyone...)

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I think there are plenty of bowls out there to use for the playoffs.

I'd love to see a first round playoff game played in the Alamodome

Thread Information