Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    this ty thread aside, Kawhi's efficiency this season- in part due to some bad shot selection -- leaves a lot to be desired..I want to see more of his post-ups instead of dribbling to tough spots and jacking-up ugly midrangers..
    It seems like Pop is more intent on posting up Softridge & Kawhi is usually camping in the corner when Porker is running the show.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is it ridiculous?
    Because it ignores free throws, which use possessions just like shots do. TS% already factors that in free throws, and when you look at that, you don't get the misleading numbers.

Per 100 possessions, Kawhi's scoring efficiency is on par w/ what Harden did last season when he led the league in TOTAL points & he's getting to the line at the same rate as Carmelo was at the same age.
    You're misinterpreting the stat. It's not the players individual PPP multiplied by 100. It's the average possession for the team when the player is on the floor multiplied by 100. Of course Kawhi is on par with Harden and Prime Melo. He spent half the season dominating the ball and is still the go-to guy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this ty thread aside, Kawhi's efficiency this season- in part due to some bad shot selection -- leaves a lot to be desired..I want to see more of his post-ups instead of dribbling to tough spots and jacking-up ugly midrangers..

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Because it ignores free throws, which use possessions just like shots do. TS% already factors that in free throws, and when you look at that, you don't get the misleading numbers.
    TS% is a good way to highlight elite shooters like Korver but not so when it comes to scorers such as DeRozan.

Usage is also tricky b/c guys like Korver could get more touches but it won't translate into usage percentage b/c they are just going to pass the ball rather than making plays which might lead to empty possessions. High usage/volume scorers who don't get to the line such as Softridge also get exposed by PPP.

Carmelo for example has a higher usage rate & average more FGAs than Kawhi but has a much lower PPP b/c he doesn't get to the line.
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 11-27-2016 at 06:27 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TS% is a good way to highlight elite shooters like Korver but not so when it comes to scorers such as DeRozan.
    DeRozan is not an efficient scorer. He's not inefficient, but his 30.2 points on 29.7 possessions leaves a lot to be desired.

Usage is also tricky b/c guys like Korver could get more touches but it won't translate into usage percentage b/c they are just going to pass the ball rather than making plays which might lead to empty possessions. High usage/volume scorers who don't get to the line such as Softridge also get exposed by PPP.
    Aldridge is doing just fine in terms of PPP he's averaging 18.4 points on 18.55 possessions. It's not great (.99 ppp) but it compares just fine with DeRozan (1.02). Kawhi is more efficient than either guy, getting 24.8 points on 23.05 possessions (1.08ppp), which is why I said his numbers were fine for a volume scorer. But that doesn't make points/shot less ty of a stat.

Carmelo for example has a higher usage rate & average more FGAs than Kawhi but has a much lower PPP b/c he doesn't get to the line.
    Melo's efficiency is fine as well for a volume guy, but he's not the shooter Kawhi is. That's a bigger deal than the free throws.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yap . Uglier is that no offense run, pull up three. Its falls short most times. If he pulls up around a screen where he gets a little breathing space then its usually money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Opposing teams don't even try to double team him.

He's not and never will be a scorer.
    Last 5 games

24.2 ppg
    7.4 rpg
    4.8 a
    pg
    1.4 stls
    1.8 TOs
    36 mpg

He's averaging almost what Tim did in his best scoring seasons...But sure "Kawhi isn't a scorer"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yap . Uglier is that no offense run, pull up three. Its falls short most times. If he pulls up around a screen where he gets a little breathing space then its usually money.
    The issue is that Kawhi plays most minutes with LMA and he isn't a great screener. I like how Lee operates there with Kawhi and I'd like to see how Dedmon would do it...But in the starting lineup the shooters aren't getting great screening from bigs. Another area where we are missing Tim...and Splitter.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll that was fun while it lasted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll that was fun while it lasted.
    Someone here can't deal with criticism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I LOVE IT.

People getting so mad and lock threads for nothing.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I LOVE IT.

People getting so mad and lock threads for nothing.

That dpg got.

Most cuddled posters on this board tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have trolls here saying Kawhi's overrated, like threads where they called him re ed and...nothing was wrong.

I posted a list of Chinook's wrong takes in that thread and.... welll, we already know what happened with the thread.

So according to ST standards it's fine to insult a Spurs player but not to say a poster was wrong. Good to know it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top 15...Stop trolling

"But he can't run pick and rolls...He can't drive.. "

91 percentile in total offense this season...He's definitely Top 5 in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously, if you don't think Kawhi is a great offensive player you're a complete moron. You don't have to be a once in a lifetime offensive player like KD to be great.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Someone here can't deal with criticism.
    Calling someone else out for this when you're constantly crying every time someone critiques Leonard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys are really pink ass spoiled if you're calling out KL. Nobody expected him to be this good, and I mean nobody. Consider it a gift.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Calling someone else out for this when you're constantly crying every time someone critiques Leonard.
    Tell me when I locked a thread for people criticizing Kawhi?
    Last edited by YGWHI; 11-28-2016 at 09:04 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell me when I was hating on a favorite player's poster because that guy criticizes Kawhi?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I didn't do it.

I disagree with you when you say "I don't blame Kawhi BUT..." and then "Kawhi played well BUT..." Because that's incoherent. You can't say a guy plays well at the same time that you blame him for the loss.

I'm the first here to admit Kawhi's flaws but I'll continue posting that people are wrong every time if they say he's not a scorer or a top player, because HE IS one.
    Last edited by YGWHI; 11-28-2016 at 09:06 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I didn't do it.

I disagree with you when you say "I don't blame Kawhi BUT..." and then "Kawhi played well BUT..." Because that's incoherent. You can't say a guy plays well at the same time that you blame him for the loss.

I'm the first here to admit Kawhi's flaws but I'll continue posting that people are wrong every time if they say he's not a scorer or a top player, because HE IS one.
    Melting down and further proving my point.

What I said could only be deemed incoherent by someone that lacks basic reading comprehension.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Melting down and further proving my point.

What I said could only be deemed incoherent by someone that lacks basic reading comprehension.
    Yg is a savage poster dude...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard is better when he isn't the number one option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because blaming they guy who played well isn't incoherent, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard is better when he isn't the number one option.
    You were very quiet after Kawhi's great games in Charlotte and Boston, when he was the #1, and the team won on the road.

So it's good to have Kawhi as #1 just when Spurs win but not when they lose, right?

These stupid people...smh.

Thread Information