Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well if he didn't he didn't I had just seen it said so many places I thought it was probably true. Thanks. Don't think him taking advice or practicing with Kobe would completely alter his game that much anyway. It's just the increased load that the Spurs expect him to take on as the "go to" guy. I always figured he'd be much better in 2017 than this year. It's a tough adjustment. That's why I don't think we have any shot this year at doing much in the postseason.
    I think we can still make some noise this year. Post season is a long way away still. Kawhi is still adjusting to a new role, new teammates, and new responsibilities in the post Duncan era. In the past he has proven to be a fast learner. Not only that but everyone else on this team is still learning and adjusting. Come playoff team they will be a lot better. I am not guaranteeing a le or anything but I think they can still go deep into the playoffs, and once that happens, you never know. I am just going to enjoy the ride. Next few years are going to be a lot of fun!

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    I think we can still make some noise this year. Post season is a long way away still. Kawhi is still adjusting to a new role, new teammates, and new responsibilities in the post Duncan era. In the past he has proven to be a fast learner. Not only that but everyone else on this team is still learning and adjusting. Come playoff team they will be a lot better. I am not guaranteeing a le or anything but I think they can still go deep into the playoffs, and once that happens, you never know. I am just going to enjoy the ride. Next few years are going to be a lot of fun!
    Agreed, I'm enjoying it as well

Just think Kawhi needs another year to figure things out. Just hope when he finally has it figured out the team around him is developed and strong enough to support him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't look at his advanced stats box; they have taken a huge hit ..

Hopefully he'll adjust, and regain his shooting touch; I wouldn't be thrilled if he Paul George the season even with the lack of help around him....

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I can't look at his advanced stats box; they have taken a huge hit ..

Hopefully he'll adjust, and regain his shooting touch; I wouldn't be thrilled if he Paul George the season even with the lack of help around him....
    He's struggling on the second night of B2Bs which most likely means he has tired legs, he should be fine once he gets his second wind.

I'm assuming he didn't workout as much as he wanted to in the summer b/c of the new baby.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still DO NOT understand why he hasn't worked with Tim Grover since saying he wanted to during the 2013 finals. Tim Grover said Kawhi came up to him after one of the finals games and told him he wanted to work with him. Grover helped Jordan become Jordan. After getting physically punished by the Pistons in the playoffs year after year, Jordan hired Grover and that elevated his game to the Jordan we all know now. Without the Pistons punishing Jordan, and then in turn Jordan hiring Grover, the Jordan we all know now probably doesn't exist.

I also love that Tim Grover doesn't believe in Pop's rest bull . Another reason why I wanted Kawhi to work with him. He thinks young players need to learn to play through fatigue otherwise they won't know how to push through it during the playoffs when they have to. That looks exactly like Kawhi to me. Can't play big minutes without looking tired and ed up.

Also, I thought Dwyane Wade was almost completely physically done 3 years ago, but Grover still has him on the court playing well. Why in the did Kawhi tell him that he wanted to work with him and then didn't follow through with it? He's had 3 off-seasons to do it.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Also, I thought Dwyane Wade was almost completely physically done 3 years ago, but Grover still has him on the court playing well. Why in the did Kawhi tell him that he wanted to work with him and then didn't follow through with it? He's had 3 off-seasons to do it.
    Wade ended his relationship w/ Grover after he worked him into the ground w/ that old school Thibs mentality:

Wade's first decision was a tough one. He switched trainers, ending a 13-year partnership with Chicago-based Tim Grover to instead work with Miami-based Dave Alexander, who also has trained James in the offseason.

The new regimen called for Wade to focus on strengthening his core through a rugged series of resistance training and stretching routines. He lost 10 pounds during the offseason to drop below 220 for the first time in years and reported to training camp without requiring injury rehab or being limited on any level. The combination of rest, recovery and resilience has led to rejuvenation.

"It's good to see those athletic plays from Dwyane again," Bosh said. "We know what he's capable of."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wade ended his relationship w/ Grover after he worked him into the ground w/ that old school Thibs mentality:
    Interesting that he switched, but I still agree with a lot of what Grover has said, and hey, Grover's training worked for Michael Jordan who most people consider the best of all time. Wade switching isn't going to deter me that much, although it gives me pause, I still think Grover is a pretty good trainer. Jordan did great with those old school training methods.

Can I have a link to that article you quoted? I want to know if it says the reason Wade switched from Grover.
    Last edited by Ice009; 12-02-2016 at 09:41 AM.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Interesting that he switched, but I still agree with a lot of what Grover has said, and hey, Grover's training worked for Michael Jordan who most people consider the best of all time. Wade switching isn't going to deter me that much, although it gives me pause, I still think Grover is a pretty good trainer. Jordan did great with those old school training methods.

Can I have a link to that article you quoted? I want to know if it says the reason Wade switched from Grover.
    Grover was about bulking up while pumping iron day-&-night so players can absorb punishment but Kawhi is already built like a tank. Carrying that much weight is also not good for the knees especially late in someones career: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...ing-good-shows

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Kawhi to the Haters:

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kawhi can put together more games like tonight's he can be a serious MVP contender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kawhi can put together more games like tonight's he can be a serious MVP contender.
    Shut up your mouth, ing troll.

He has become an absolute 4th quarter monster, only a big time player can do it. I guess that you hate it, right? Kill yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jimmy Butler has over-taken Kawhi in almost all meaningful advanced stat categories:

#2 ORTG (Kiwi not in top 20)
    #2 Offensive win shares (Kiwi #10)
    #5 Win Shares (Kiwi #8)
    #1 Win shares per 48 (Kiwi #10)
    #6 BPM (Kiwi #12)
    #5 OBMP (Kiwi #11)
    #7 VORP (Kiwi #10)

Kawhi not even in top 20 for Defensive rating or DBPM

Jimmy Buckets first team all NBA Kiwi now 3rd team.

Dumb Wolfs not trading Wiggincancer for Buckets when they had the chance
    Never mind, Kawhi has sonned Butler in their two meetings, per par ...

Their metrics have started trending opposite direction ..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most embarrassing thread in ST history.

, I just bumped it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

H2H this season:

Kawhi
    24.5 PPG - 9 RPG - 4.5 APG - 2 SPG - 0.5 BPG - 52%

Jimmy
    16 PPG - 7 RPG - 3.5 APG - 1.5 SPG - 0.5 BPG - 35%

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

He also sonned Dominos who is the #1 ranked wing-player by a lot of advanced metrics.

Thread Information