Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I didn't write that. You incorrectly concluded that somehow though.
    You didn't make any sense. Who's being intellectually lazy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You didn't make any sense. Who's being intellectually lazy?
    You, for making something up that I didn't write.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I seriously think we need to teach the concept of false equivalency in our schools. Idiotic and intellectually lazy thinking like that is why we got a President Trump.
    You, for making something up that I didn't write.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So pledging your allegiance to a party prevents you from being intellectually lazy? Sounds backwards.
    You can't find me writing that "pledging your allegiance to a party prevents you from being intellectually lazy" because I didn't make that assertion... which is why you weren't able to quote it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we're talking mostly about swing voters -- the people less inclined to pledge their allegiance to one party. And yeah, a enough to swing the election probably had that same mindset.
    You can't find me writing that "pledging your allegiance to a party prevents you from being intellectually lazy" because I didn't make that assertion... which is why you weren't able to quote it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just as I said, you couldn't quote because I didn't state it as can easily be verified above.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't seem to know what you said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC: post-election poster, nowhere to be found pre-Nov8. Worse than post-Pau lakerfan

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shouldn't it be the other way around - a pre-election poster, nowhere to be found post-Nov 8 (if one's candidate loses)? Or maybe he's like me - out campaigning before the election and comes back for election night.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Salient moment post November 8th:::when the Trumps arrived at the WH in the belief that the WH staff would be staying on. The very idea that they had absolutely no clue as to this protocol is priceless. That Media sent out this information is so pure & so victorious that my heart soars.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Bleak Outlook for Trump’s Promises to Coal Miners

Donald J. Trump made coal a centerpiece of his campaign, holding rousing rallies with miners in hard hats, who he said had been neglected under eight years of the Obama administration. The strategy paid off, helping him score crucial wins in Pennsylvania and Ohio.

coal industry and the jobs that support it have been in decline for decades as a result of environmental concerns, automation in mining and slowdowns in manufacturing industries that burned coal for power.

no matter who is president, coal is at the mercy of market economics.

Coal’s No. 1 rival is cheap, cleaner-burning natural gas — which could become an even more potent compe or under the incoming administration.

The probable easing of restrictions on pipeline building and loosening of rules on gas exploration and production would mean more natural gas reaching the market.

Despite recent increases, coal’s price has been drifting downward for years. But the price of natural gas has fallen even more sharply.

“I don’t think the Trump presidency will have a material impact on bringing coal miners back to work,”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/20/business/energy-environment/a-bleak-outlook-for-trumps-promises-to-coal-miners.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0

The coal miners know damn well they are ed and Trash was lying to them, must like he lies about everything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if he actually shoots down the TPP, I'll accept he is a legit outsider. otherwise he is just as much of a corporate shill as hillary, he has the house and the senate so no excuses.

since i no longer live in the US nor plan to, I hope he does build the wall, it will make the f35 seem like a good investment.
    My gut says that TPP stays.

China is drooling over it's death already, so they can set the rules up in their favor, and Japan is sweating bullets about that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Bleak Outlook for Trump’s Promises to Coal Miners

Donald J. Trump made coal a centerpiece of his campaign, holding rousing rallies with miners in hard hats, who he said had been neglected under eight years of the Obama administration. The strategy paid off, helping him score crucial wins in Pennsylvania and Ohio.

coal industry and the jobs that support it have been in decline for decades as a result of environmental concerns, automation in mining and slowdowns in manufacturing industries that burned coal for power.

no matter who is president, coal is at the mercy of market economics.

Coal’s No. 1 rival is cheap, cleaner-burning natural gas — which could become an even more potent compe or under the incoming administration.

The probable easing of restrictions on pipeline building and loosening of rules on gas exploration and production would mean more natural gas reaching the market.

Despite recent increases, coal’s price has been drifting downward for years. But the price of natural gas has fallen even more sharply.

“I don’t think the Trump presidency will have a material impact on bringing coal miners back to work,”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/20/business/energy-environment/a-bleak-outlook-for-trumps-promises-to-coal-miners.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0

The coal miners know damn well they are ed and Trash was lying to them, must like he lies about everything.

Oh, Trump can slow the progression down. Lots of coal fired power plants (like San Antonio has) could have extended life spans if more restrictive regulations are rolled back.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My gut says that TPP stays.
    How does your gut see that happening. President Trump changes his mind and fights with a chunk of his own party and all of the democrats to force it through?

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    President Trump changes his mind
    That part doesn't seem that far fetched at this point, does it?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BigCorp/BigFinance/BigPharma spent probably $10Ms on lobbyists and years to write TPP/TTIP in secret.

Whatever BigCorp/BigFinance/BigPharma wants, Repugs deliver (for a fee).

But it looks like some Euro countries are better organized than fat-ass, somnolent, conned Americans, and I think TPP/TTIP are pretty much dead in, eg, Germany.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does your gut see that happening. President Trump changes his mind and fights with a chunk of his own party and all of the democrats to force it through?
    Because the alternative is to let China write the rules, and that makes Donald look weak and ineffectual. He is riding a tiger, and falling off is not an option.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "let China write the rules"

what? China has, will have its own equivalent, legally binding internationally, of TPP/TTIP?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    BUMP

Only way 3) was ever going to happen is if Hilary pulled something to contest the election results and delayed his win, then he might have done something out of spite.....her stepping aside quietly and respectfully kills any chance of him going after her. Emailgate will become yesterday's news pretty quickly.
    Well, that was an easy prediction.

Smart move by Trump to not pursue anything here. There's no reason to make a martyr out of Hillary, and it doesn't do anything other than further divide the country.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BUMP

Well, that was an easy prediction.

Smart move by Trump to not pursue anything here. There's no reason to make a martyr out of Hillary, and it doesn't do anything other than further divide the country.
    Yeah, the writing was on the wall with that one. Same thing Obama did with GWB, although Barry never threatened to prosecute.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a tradition that a new Pres not prosecute his predecessor's crimes.

Which is a shame because dubya, head, and accomplices slaughtered Ms of people for BigOil

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a tradition that a new Pres not prosecute his predecessor's crimes.

Which is a shame because dubya, head, and accomplices slaughtered Ms of people for BigOil
    Well it's not like Trump hasn't eschewed norms and traditions....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lock her up? all talk:

President-elect Donald Trump's administration will not pursue further investigations of Hillary Clinton related to her private email server or the Clinton Foundation, Trump's former campaign manager Kellyanne Conway said Tuesday, a significant break from a major campaign promise.

"I think when the President-elect, who's also the head of your party, tells you before he's even inaugurated that he doesn't wish to pursue these charges, it sends a very strong message, tone, and content" to fellow Republicans, Conway said in an interview on MSNBC's "Morning Joe."
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/22/politi...ump/index.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chaffetz sez he will continue harassing Hillary, nothing but a career padding move he can con his Mormon voters with.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 11-22-2016 at 02:05 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information