Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So it's early days, and this will probably keep changing over the next few weeks and months. Here's what the Trumpster and his team are indicating at this time:

1. "Drain the swamp": Lots of insiders queueing up at the trough, and Trump seems to be fine with them. http://edition.cnn.com/2016/11/10/po...amp/index.html

2. "Make Mexico pay for the wall": Now I'm sure Trump with his construction business is raring to go with the wall, but old Newt thinks funding it via Mexico may have been a "campaign device". http://theweek.com/speedreads/661335...ampaign-device

3. "Lock her up": Christie thinks it's time to move on and play nice. http://www.app.com/story/news/politi...nton/93583546/

4. "Repeal and replace": Apparently Trump likes some of the core principles of the ACA. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-37953528

5. "Rip up the Iran deal": Not so fast, maybe? http://www.timesofisrael.com/adviser...-move-embassy/

Any guesses on where Trump and reality will collide next?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2. and 3. will not be kept.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think all 5 of those things will either be watered down or re-branded. The base will swallow it hook, line and sinker though Thread ducks rmt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. what is he really going to do to "drain the swamp"... nominate a justice to overturn Citizens United? Big congress to vote for term limits onto themselves?

2. lol

3. smart move is to move on... would be a real drag if one of his first major decisions is to prosecute his political rival and she walks out scot-free. would make him look petty and would go lengths to confirm it's a witch-hunt. better for him to let it go. though trump doesn't really seem like the person to want to let it go, especially if giuliani wants to prosecute

4. i get that he wants to keep parts of it, but i dont know how its feasible to keep pre-existing conditions, remove the mandate, AND have premiums go down. the math doesn't add up, and no "state lines" wont solve that

5. i have no clue

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Only way 3) was ever going to happen is if Hilary pulled something to contest the election results and delayed his win, then he might have done something out of spite.....her stepping aside quietly and respectfully kills any chance of him going after her. Emailgate will become yesterday's news pretty quickly.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Only way 3) was ever going to happen is if Hilary pulled something to contest the election results and delayed his win, then he might have done something out of spite.....her stepping aside quietly and respectfully kills any chance of him going after her. Emailgate will become yesterday's news pretty quickly.
    Food for thought.

ADDENDUM:::And she thought long & hard about doing exactly that, but, even yesterday & today she would have had to turn Wisconsin, and keep MI. & NH. and somehow make AZ. work. Yesterday AZ. still had a 1/2 a million votes to count, but, they're from Maricopa County (Phoenix) which is the Republican stronghold so she can't get there. She just cannot make the numbers work and her people have shown her that.

If she coulda she would have and she'd a never quit like Gore did.
    Last edited by Thread; 11-11-2016 at 08:46 PM.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    "Trump is breaking all his promises!!!" is the new false narrative from the idiots who just spent over a year insisting he wouldn't win.

1. Picking people with political experience for his transition team is not the same thing as tolerating corruption. If he picked all people with no political experience, they would rip him to shreds for that too.

2. Newt Gingrich is not Trump.

3. Chris Christie is not Trump. Trump's campaign has said that the special prosecutor for Hillary is still on the table: http://nypost.com/2016/11/09/trump-c...r-for-clinton/

4. Liking parts of Obamacare =/= liking all of Obamacare and wanting to keep the whole thing intact.

5. The media would lose their minds if Trump ripped up the Iran deal without reviewing it first. What's the harm in reading it over?

Nice try, though.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Yeah sorry but you're delusional if you think Trump is going to go after Clinton himself or have anyone in his cabinet do so at all once he's sworn into office.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^So you think Mexico will pay up and Shillary will be investigated? Boy you're gullible.

Also on Obamacare, the parts that he likes (pre-existing conditions and children being on their parent's plans) need to be paid for. Currently they are balanced by the things he doesn't like (subsidies, mandate, etc). He is going to rebrand this thing and you'll lap it up and cheer for him.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    It's basically as delusional as all the Obama supporters in '08 who seriously thought Obama was going to seek criminal charges against W for war crimes.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Yeah sorry but you're delusional if you think Trump is going to go after Clinton himself or have anyone in his cabinet do so at all once he's sworn into office.
    The FBI investigation into the Clinton Foundation is still ongoing, he takes offices and lets it continue. That isn't going after her that is letting our justice system run its course.

I find it odd that people think Trump can just stop the FBI investigation. The Obama administration did its best to squash it and pissed off agents started leaking info to the public. These guys brought a case against the Foundation to the DOJ once, they will do it again.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The FBI investigation into the Clinton Foundation is still ongoing, he takes offices and lets it continue. That isn't going after her that is letting our justice system run its course.
    That's not what I'm saying. He said during the debate that he was going to nominate a special prosecutor if he wins. I'm saying there's no way that's going to happen.

letting the FBI conduct an ongoing investigation =/= intervening and picking a prosecutor to go after someone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looked scared less yesterday in the Oval Office -- had this "what the did I get myself into" look on his face the whole time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trump is very compe ive... he became president, but now he wants to be a great president. I doubt he does most of the campaign promises he proposed tbh...

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope he does build the wall. It would be a great job creator. Maybe it would even be a tourist attraction.

Don't give up on the wall so quickly, let's hold him to it!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bull came out of trump's mouth so fast he can't even keep track of it. Expecting consistency is clearly misguided.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump is also either going to re-negotiate NAFTA or end it if he doesn't like the deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't do that without the Senate.

Do you think the Senate is going to kick our number one trading partner -- Canada -- and Mexico (#3) in the nuts?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The rest of the GOP is not going to become protectionist -- anti-free trade -- overnight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's going to be a fight inside the GOP. Trump isn't the king.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's going to be a fight inside the GOP. Trump isn't the king.
    Laura Ingraham: Republican Party Belongs To Trump Now
    Posted By Tim Hains
    On Date November 11, 2016

Radio host Laura Ingraham weighs in on the effect Donald Trump has had in remaking the Republican Party.

LAURA INGRAHAM: This is Trump's party now. The Never-Trumpers, what, are there five people, no offense, but there weren't that many.

He flipped states that were Democrat states.

He came in and completely upended the Bushes, the Clintons, Obama, the Chambers of Commerce, the media, Hollywood.

He took them all on. He got vilified. He made some mistakes. But he won handily.

The idea that he is going to come in and be like, okay, I gotta make Bill Kristol feel better, that's just ridiculous.

He is going to what he said he is going to do. It's going to be hard. Obamacare repeal, Paul Ryan is right. It's not that simple. It's a complex web which was designed that way to make it really hard to repeal.

I think Trump is happy to work with Paul Ryan on Trump's agenda. Where their agenda coalesces and collides, they will figure it out. I don't think Trump will spend time pleasing the Never-Trumpers. He pleased the American people. He has a mandate. The Democrats will have to deal with that agenda. We will see what happens.

I agree with her. They coat tailed off Trump - those who distanced themselves from him lost - they have WH and Congress because of him and after 8 years of do-nothing, I think they'll try to pass as much as possible in the first 2 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure Trump has much of an agenda. He's passionate about trade deals and maybe infrastructure building but probably not much else. I think it's possible a bunch of neocons end up using him the way they used George W. Bush to get whatever they want ... in that way they will exploit his lack of interest on most other things.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Trump is happy to work with Paul Ryan on Trump's agenda. Where their agenda coalesces and collides, they will figure it out. I don't think Trump will spend time pleasing the Never-Trumpers. He pleased the American people. He has a mandate. The Democrats will have to deal with that agenda. We will see what happens.
    He has a mandate by winning by -1.5%?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has the House and the Senate. we'll see if they can all play together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure Trump has much of an agenda. He's passionate about trade deals and maybe infrastructure building but probably not much else. I think it's possible a bunch of neocons end up using him the way they used George W. Bush to get whatever they want ... in that way they will exploit his lack of interest on most other things.
    Remember that at the heart of Neocon is Neo-liberalism.....much more in pace with what NATO is doing in the Balkins favored by Hillary and which Trump balked at during the election....

Thread Information