Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like it's owner said:::[[[it had been out there for months. Everybody had seen it cept (((us.)))]]]

It's no more true than what MSM puts out there daily. We had at least 5 modes of transfer of this materiel to Trump by Intel. At least 4 of those modes were fake news. Still, Media got return on the dollar on at least all of 5 of 'em.

Where it hits is it gave Trump the opportunity to bust Intel's hole again. And they need that hole expanded. The CIA Chief, a little over 72 hours from leaving his post comes on Sunday morning talk show and blasts Trump. If he weren't quitting I'd fire his in' ass come 12:01 EST Friday if I were Trump. But, that's why he sat there yesterday, he was resigning. The in' hump.

No free shots. NONE. Whether you're some left over '60's marcher with a sore head, or, a leaker on his way to his pension you're not swinging and run. He'll chase your ass down, black or white.
    tl;dr

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Does anyone take Buzzfeed seriously after the golden shower story? They should stick to making videos about eating $500 burritos.
    The only thing taken less seriously is an Alternet article quoting Buzzfeed

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GoldenGate will stick to Trash forever, because it's credible that he, from everything else he's said and done, would have done it.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    GoldenGate will stick to Trash forever, because it's credible that he, from everything else he's said and done, would have done it.
    & nothin' wrong it. You get one chance here, one, before you go on into the dust that is always the end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

needs a safe space

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

needs a safe space
    Only CNN reporting
    Only one quote from an anonymous source

Think I'll have to wait to see if this is real or fake news

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only CNN reporting
    Only one quote from an anonymous source

Think I'll have to wait to see if this is real or fake news
    Do you think cnn is fabricating the source/quote and is willfully publishing what they know to be completely false and untrue?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DeVos should withdraw, she's much more dangerous, harder, maybe impossible to reverse her storm
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 01-16-2017 at 07:18 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think cnn is fabricating the source/quote and is willfully publishing what they know to be completely false and untrue?
    Fox news repeatedly had breaking news with an anonymous source inside the FBI saying Hillary was going to be indicted. When only one network is reporting something based on an unidentified source I take that with a grain of salt.

but if it turns out to be true then what a pussy.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

needs a safe space
    Yep, he doesn't relish (get it) the grilling (get it) that's on short order (get it). Neither did Christie when he scooted several feet from the fire. Trump? He's got Bannon. He's got er. He's got Conway. He's got Preibus, but, he doesn't know how to handle a mace. The others? They know how to get up against a wall and take 'em one at-a-time as they come thru the wire with said mace. Sorehead Lewis already came thru and got knocked the out.

There's a boundless line of people to take his place, Splits.

Chop/chop.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fox news repeatedly had breaking news with an anonymous source inside the FBI saying Hillary was going to be indicted. When only one network is reporting something based on an unidentified source I take that with a grain of salt.

and dubya's bull often started with "some say ..."

There's plenty of sleuthing going on about Trash getting compromised by Pootin in Moscow. The smoke will become fire, sooner or later.

But impeach the Illegitimate Fat Prick LOSER next week for violating Emoluments laws.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There's plenty of sleuthing going on about Trash getting compromised by Pootin in Moscow. The smoke will become fire, sooner or later.

But impeach the Illegitimate Fat Prick LOSER next week for violating Emoluments laws.
    *flush*gurglegurgle*booscreaminggggggggggggg

#circlingthebowl

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

- "Promises, promises."

- Ernie "The Cat" Ladd

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm just trying to figure out what your standard is for "fake news"

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given the cluster of petty internal warfare the intelligence community has shown itself to be recently, it is fair to be skeptical of "exclusives" from anonymous sources within the IC.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Given the cluster of petty internal warfare the intelligence community has shown itself to be recently, it is fair to be skeptical of "exclusives" from anonymous sources within the IC.
    lol the most likely "leaker" of the fake Russia do ent is Donald Trump. He's the one who benefited from it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's HHS pick introduced legislation to help medical device company days after investing in it

Rep. Tom Price last year purchased shares in a medical device manufacturer days before introducing legislation that would have directly benefited the company, raising new ethics concerns for President-elect Donald Trump's nominee for Health and Human Services secretary.
    Price bought between $1,001 to $15,000 worth of shares last March in Zimmer Biomet, according to House records reviewed by CNN.

Less than a week after the transaction, the Georgia Republican congressman introduced the HIP Act, legislation that would have delayed until 2018 a Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services regulation that industry analysts warned would significantly hurt Zimmer Biomet financially once fully implemented. […]

After Price offered his bill to provide Zimmer Biomet and other companies relief from the CMS regulation, the company's political action committee donated to the congressman's reelection campaign, records show.

It's a twofer for Price—personal enrichment through the shares, and campaign coffer enrichments from a grateful company. Price didn't even pretend to make this one not appear horrendously unethical

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/01/16/1621242/-Trump-s-HHS-pick-introduced-legislation-to-help-medical-device-company-days-after-investing-in-it?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campa ign=Feed%3A+dailykos%2Findex+%28Daily+Kos%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Andrew Puzder’s shady history: Trump’s labor secretary nominee is a habitual violator of labor law

By tapping Puzder, Trump has made clear that his administration will be a dystopian nightmare for U.S. workers

As secretary, he’d be charged with enforcing health and safety, overtime and other labor laws.

But as CEO of CKE Restaurants, the parent company of Hardee’s and Carl’s Jr., he’s made his considerable fortune from violating these very same laws, according to a report by the Restaurant Opportunities Centers (ROC) United released last week.

A recent national survey among non-managerial women working in fast food found that 40 percent of such women have experienced sexual harassment on the job. Under Puzder, the problem could worsen:

A whopping 66 percent of female CKE workers ROC surveyed had faced sexual harassment.

Harassment came from supervisors, co-workers or — most often — customers, and took the form of sexual comments, groping, unwanted sexual texts and pressure for dates.

Of the CKE employees who participated in the ROC survey,

nearly one-third said they did not get meal breaks that are mandated by law;

around one-fourth had been illegally forced to work off the clock or had timecards altered;

almost one-third had been illegally deprived of overtime pay.

The ROC survey also found widespread health and safety violations.

Nearly one-third of those surveyed said they had become sick or injured on the job.

Workers described an environment of slippery floors, frequent grease burns and many said they had to do dangerous tasks — like cleaning a hood over a hot char broiler, for instance — without proper protective equipment.

http://www.salon.com/2017/01/17/andr...r-law_partner/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Health Secretary Pick’s Longtime Foes: Big Government and Insurance Companies

his legislative record shows that over eight years in the Georgia Senate and 12 years in Congress, he has advocated at least as much for physician groups and health care companies — seeking to limit damages in malpractice cases, for instance, and voting against legislation that would have required the government to negotiate lower drug prices for Medicare beneficiaries.

Mr. Price has routinely argued that patients are the driving force behind his efforts. Still, his positions have often coincided with the financial interests of groups whose donations have helped advance his political career.

If confirmed, Mr. Price, 62, will soon have far more power to influence the nation’s vast health care system than he ever did as a lawmaker.

One of his first tasks would be to help Mr. Trump and Republicans in Congress determine how to eviscerate and replace the health law, a goal he has held since the law’s passage in 2010. But as leader of the agency that oversees Medicare, Medicaid, the Food and Drug Administration and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Mr. Price would also hold considerable regulatory power, with the ability to influence everything from how applications to market new drugs are reviewed to how doctors are compensated for treating elderly and poor patients.

As Mr. Price prepares for two confirmation hearings — the first of which is scheduled for Wednesday — his past efforts on behalf of health-related companies, which have donated generously to his campaigns, are under scrutiny.

So, too, is Mr. Price’s history of trading in biomedical, pharmaceutical and health insurance stocks while serving on the health subcommittee of the House Ways and Means Committee. Democrats have called for investigations into whether he traded stock based on information he gleaned as a congressman.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/16/h...er=rss&emc=rss

Repugs picks prove without any doubt that the Repugs intend to UP GOVERNMENT and thereby up America and Americans.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another agency to be destroyed

Bipartisan EPA Alumni Urge Senate to Reject Pruitt's "Troubling" Nomination

Pruitt's track record shows he would "set science aside when the outcome is at odds with his predetermined political point of view"

http://www.commondreams.org/news/201...ing-nomination

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol commondreams.org
    lol salon
    lol dailykos

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol commondreams.org
    lol salon
    lol dailykos
    lol spurraider, buffoon.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Journalists Investigated Trump's Nominee For Education Secretary, They Found Scores Of Unanswered Questions

But Betsy DeVos, President-elect Donald J. Trump’s choice for the post, is no typical nominee. She is a billionaire with a complex web of financial investments, including in companies that stand to win or lose from the department she would oversee. She has been an aggressive force in politics for years, as a prominent Republican donor and as a supporter of steering public dollars to private schools.

Her wealth and her politics seem likely to make her confirmation hearing unusually contentious, and possibly drawn out.

Thanks to the DeVoses, Michigan’s charter schools enjoy a virtually unregulated existence. Thanks to them, too, the center of the American automotive industry and birthplace of the modern labor movement is now a right-to-work state. They’ve funded campaigns to elect state legislators, established advocacy organizations to lobby them, buttressed their allies and primaried those they disagree with, spending at least $100 million on political campaigns and causes over the past 20 years.
    [...]
    Buoyed by the success in Michigan, the DeVoses have exported a scaled-down version of that template into other states, funding an archipelago of local political action committees and advocacy organizations to ease the proliferation of charter schools in Indiana, New Jersey, Ohio, Iowa, Virginia and Louisiana, among others. At the same time, DeVos-backed PACs have transformed the nature of American political campaigns. By showing the success of independent PACs that answered to a few deep-pocketed donors rather than a broad number of stakeholders associated with a union or chamber of commerce, for instance, the DeVoses precipitated the monsoon of independent expenditures that has rained down upon politicians for the past decade. In the process, they’ve reshaped political campaigns as well as the policies that result from them.

Ten years after she watched her husband give a concession speech, Betsy DeVos was unveiled as President-elect Donald Trump’s pick for secretary of education. Across the country, public-school advocates and teachers’ unions expressed almost unanimous horror: One of the most effective advocates for breaking down the rules and protections for public schools and teachers would soon be the nation’s most powerful education policymaker\

Ms. DeVos and her husband had lobbied hard for the state law that established charter schools in 1994. It allowed an unusually large number of organizations to start charter schools, which are publicly funded but privately run. But it created little oversight.

Even charter school supporters now criticize Detroit as one of the most unregulated markets in the country. About 80 percent of the state’s charters are operated for profit, far higher than anywhere else.

In 2011, the DeVoses and the Great Lakes project lobbied successfully to lift a cap on the number of charter schools, fighting off a provision that would have kept failing schools from expanding.

In Detroit, which now has a greater proportion of charters than any city but New Orleans, one result was a glut of schools as more charters opened but the city’s population continued to decline. Yet while there are too many seats in schools downtown, there are not enough in the poorest, most remote neighborhoods, where most students live.

Michigan is one of the nation’s biggest school choice laboratories, especially with charter schools. The Detroit, Flint and Grand Rapids school districts have among the nation’s 10 largest shares of students in charters, and the state sends $1 billion in education funding to charters annually. Of those schools, 80 percent are run by for-profit organizations, a far higher share than anywhere else in the nation.

The DeVoses, the most prominent name in state Republican politics, have been the biggest financial and political backers of the effort.

But if Michigan is a center of school choice, it is also among the worst places to argue that choice has made schools better. As the state embraced and then expanded charters over the past two decades, its rank has fallen on national reading and math tests. Most charter schools perform below the state average.

And a federal review in 2015 found “an unreasonably high” percentage of charter schools on the list of the state’s lowest-performing schools. The number of charter schools on that list had doubled since 2010, after the passage of a law a group financed by Ms. DeVos pushed to expand the schools. The group blocked a provision in that law that would have prevented failing schools from expanding or replicating.

President-elect Donald Trump’s transition team acknowledged Friday that Betsy DeVos, Donald Trump’s pick for education secretary, omitted a $125,000 political donation from disclosures she submitted to a Senate committee in advance of her confirmation hearing, which is scheduled for Tuesday.

“We appreciate this being called to our attention and we will be updating our committee submission,” a transition team spokeswoman said Friday.

The missing donation — to a Michigan committee that successfully opposed a ballot initiative that would have enshrined collective-bargaining rights in the state cons ution — represents a small fraction of the more than $5 million in donations that DeVos did disclose last week to the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP).

In announcing his intention to nominate Ms. DeVos, Mr. Trump described her as “a brilliant and passionate education advocate.” Even critics characterized her as a dedicated, if misguided, activist for school reform. But that description understates both the breadth of Ms. DeVos’s political interests and the influence she wields as part of her powerful family. More than anyone else who has joined the incoming Trump administration, she represents the combination of wealth, free-market ideology and political hardball associated with a better-known family of billionaires: Charles and David Koch.
    [...]
    Indeed, the DeVoses’ education activism, which favors alternatives to traditional public schools, appears to derive from the same free-market views that inform their su ion of government. And perhaps more than other right-wing billionaires, the DeVoses couple their seeding of ideological causes with an aggressive brand of political spending. Half a dozen or more extended family members frequently coordinate contributions to maximize their impact.

In the 2016 cycle alone, according to the Michigan Campaign Finance Network, the family spent roughly $14 million on political contributions to state and national candidates, parties, PACs and super PACs.

Betsy DeVos, President-elect Donald Trump’s pick for education secretary, is not just a prospective Cabinet member seeking confirmation from the U.S. Senate.

She is also a billionaire Republican donor whose family’s donations have funded the campaigns of many of the senators now tasked with voting on her nomination, including members of the committee overseeing her confirmation hearing, scheduled for Wednesday.

During the 2014 and 2016 election cycles, DeVos and her relatives gave at least $818,000 to 20 current Republican senators, including more than $250,000 to five members of the Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP), according to a Washington Post analysis of Federal Election Commission records.

DeVos personally made a relatively small percentage of those donations: at least $31,400 to committee members and $96,000 to all senators. But her giving appears to have been coordinated with her family: In most cases, senators received donations from more than a half-dozen DeVos family members, including her husband, his parents and his siblings, on the same day.

Betsy DeVos, tapped by President-elect Donald Trump to run the U.S. Department of Education, is an indirect investor in online-lending company Social Finance Inc., a startup whose fortunes hinge in part on policies crafted by the department Ms. DeVos would run.
    [...]
    Policy changes can have a big impact on the private-lending business. For example, a 2010 change cut out private lenders from much of the market, making the Education Department an even bigger force in student loans. During her presidential campaign, Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton proposed that the government refinance student debt at lower interest rates. Such a move would have hurt SoFi’s business.

A school-choice advocacy group headed by billionaire Betsy DeVos owes the state of Ohio more than $5.3 million for election law violations — a record fine that is now nearly a decade past due.
    [...]
    The unpaid fine dates back to 2008, when All Children Matter — a group that lobbied for school-choice legislation and was run by DeVos — broke Ohio election law by funneling $870,000 in contributions through its nationwide PAC to its Ohio affiliate, according to the Ohio Elections Commission.

The state commission told POLITICO that DeVos' group initially asked Ohio if this sort of spending was permissible. When the state said no, DeVos' group did it anyway.

[...]
    The elections commission slapped the two PACs with $2.6 million in fines — the largest ever levied by the state panel. Ohio's attorney general sought to collect on the fines and the groups appealed. After a lengthy legal battle, a judge ruled in the state's favor in 2013, saying All Children Matter, along with its affiliated PACs, owed the elections commission both the original fines and a late fee of $25 a day.

That late fee — also unpaid — now exceeds $91,000.

Unfortunately, Trump’s selection to the Department of Education, Betsy DeVos, has no governmental experience with public schools. Rather, she is a staunch supporter of “school choice,” which ostensibly allows families to choose which type of school (in other words, public or private) their child attends and for federal funding to support private schools. This is something public school advocates fear. They argue that redirecting dollars from public to private schools weakens public education and gives taxpayer support to schools that don’t have the same obligation to serve all students, including those with disabilities. Special education is already extremely underfunded: Although IDEA calls for 40 percent of special education be funded by the federal government, that has never happened. In 2016, for example, the federal government covered only 16 percent of special education costs. Hence, cutting more public school funding would make a bad situation even worse.

Moreover, students with disabilities aren’t truly given school choice: No choice exists if private schools can legally refuse to provide appropriate and necessary services and supports, which is often the case. In fact, generally, protections under federal laws such as the IDEA, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and the Rehabilitation Act, do not extend to students with disabilities who attend private schools. In other words, private schools who do not receive federal funding have absolutely no legal duty to support students with disabilities.

DeVos and her husband have given hundreds of thousands to Focus on the Family, a conservative Christian group whose founder called the battle against LGBT rights a "second civil war," according to the Southern Poverty Law Center. The group has also pushed so-called “conversion therapy” — discredited practices aimed at changing a person’s sexual orientation — according to the Human Rights Campaign.

DeVos’ ties to a group that pushes “conversion therapy” is “most alarming,” and DeVos needs to clarify her stance on the practice, [Human Rights Campaign president Chad] Griffin said.

The billionaire philanthropist whom Donald Trump has tapped to lead the Education Department once compared her work in education reform to a biblical battleground where she wants to "advance God's Kingdom."

Trump’s pick, Betsy DeVos, a national leader of the school choice movement, has pursued that work in large part by spending millions to promote the use of taxpayer dollars on private and religious schools.

Her comments came during a 2001 meeting of “The Gathering,” an annual conference of some of the country’s wealthiest Christians. DeVos and her husband, , were interviewed a year after voters rejected a Michigan ballot initiative to change the state’s cons ution to allow public money to be spent on private and religious schools, which the DeVoses had backed.

In the interview, an audio recording, which was obtained by POLITICO, the couple is candid about how their Christian faith drives their efforts to reform American education.

School choice, they say, leads to “greater Kingdom gain.” The two also lament that public schools have “displaced” the Church as the center of communities, and they cite school choice as a way to reverse that troubling trend.

http://mediamatters.org/research/201...+-+Research%29

"school choice" is code word for "siphon taxpayer $100Bs to no-oversight, unregulated corporate for-profit charter schools"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Homeland Security Pick Gen. John Kelly Fails to Disclose Ties to Defense Contractors

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/17/...e-contractors/

All Repug's picka following Trash'a corrupt, -all-y'all example

All these generals will certainly follow Trash order's to enforce martial law.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lol commondreams.org
    lol salon
    lol dailykos
    It's The Axis of Vapidity.

Thread Information