Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Democrats Have the Receipts for Price’s Reproductive Health Discrimination

Sen. Maggie Hassan, the former Democratic governor of New Hampshire, grilled Rep. Tom Price (R-GA) about whether an employer “should be able to fire a woman because she uses birth control.”

his assertion that “there’s not one” woman who can’t afford contraception.

Sen. Maggie Hassan (D), the former New Hampshire governor who unseated anti-choice Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R) in the 2016 election, grilled Price about whether an employer “should be able to fire a woman because she uses birth control.”

“I don’t believe so,” Price said.

But Price, as Hassan noted,

voted with House Republicans on a 2015 resolution of disapproval taking aim at the District of Columbia’s Reproductive Health Non-Discrimination Act (RHNDA), a law that protects employees from retaliation over their reproductive health-care choices.

Price again joined Republicans in a subsequent 2016 attempt to overturn RHNDA. The Senate never took up GOP-backed repeal efforts, leaving the law in place.

“Your vote would’ve had the effect of allowing employers to fire a woman for using birth control or for other decisions she makes about her own body and reproductive health,” Hassan said. “So, how is that vote consistent with the answer you just gave me?”

Price became evasive despite attempts from Hassan to pin him down, making the case that his vote would not have had that effect.

“Would you like us to provide examples for you?” Hassan asked.

https://rewire.news/article/2017/01/...ality+Check%29

These Repugs LIE, thinking the Dems aren't going to check their public actions.

ing slave state misogynistic, racist assholes

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Christie: My wife refused to move to DC which is why I couldn’t take Trump administration job

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/chri...e+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Budget Nominee Did Not Pay Taxes for Employee

President-elect Donald J. Trump’s choice for White House budget director failed to pay more than $15,000 in payroll taxes for a household employee, he admitted in a statement to the Senate Budget Committee, the sort of tax compliance issue that has derailed cabinet nominees in the past.

In a questionnaire provided to the committee, Representative Mick Mulvaney, a conservative from South Carolina and vocal proponent of fiscal restraint noted, “I have come to learn during the confirmation review process that I failed to pay FICA and federal and state unemployment taxes on a household employee for the years 2000-2004.”

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/1...ney-taxes.html

The corruption will be unpresidented

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Idiot Tasked With Maintaining America's Nukes Surprised to Learn What His Job Is

In December, Rick Perry enthusiastically accepted the nomination to be Donald Trump’s secretary of energy—unfortunately for both Perry and the American people, he had no idea what the he was signing up for. According to a New York Times report,

Perry originally believed the job was being “a global ambassador for the American oil and gas industry.”

It’s not.

In fact, two-thirds of the Energy Department’s budget is spent on maintaining and protecting our nuclear arsenal, which Perry clearly doesn’t know much about.

In his 2012 bid for the GOP nomination, Perry proposed abolishing the Energy Department before forgetting what it was even called.

Now this dunce will likely be in charge our country’s most powerful weapons. This is sure to go just fine.

http://gizmodo.com/idiot-tasked-with...+%28Gizmodo%29

Just another way Repugs tell America " All Y'all"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perry originally believed the job was being “a global ambassador for the American oil and gas industry.”
    why is that in quotes? who's quote is that, booboo?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why is that in quotes? who's quote is that, booboo?
    The NY Times' quote.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NY Times' quote.
    and who was the new york times quoting? nobody. so how the does the NYT claim to know that rick perry thought he was a global ambassador for oil and FF industry?

that should be classified as an op-ed

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scott Pruitt, Testifying to Lead E.P.A., Criticizes Environmental Rules

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/18/us/politics/scott-pruitt-testifying-to-lead-epa-criticizes-environmental-rules.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

Will 100Ks of environment-hating Repug voters become diseased and die from pollution? Probably, they always vote against their own best interests.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Kochs bought their unified Republican government, and now they want their reward

“We’ve had promises, especially on controlling spending, from Republicans, and it’s time for them to really keep their word,” AFP President Tim Phillips said in an interview Friday.

“Before, they had a reasonable point when they would say, ‘Well, we don’t control the White House.’ There was a time when they only had the House and not the Senate.

They have all three now, and so the ability to genuinely get these actions, take these actions, get this agenda done — now they have that opportunity.”

The new AFP agenda is being rolled out after a long campaign where the Koch network focused its energy on state and congressional races — not on the presidential race, in what was widely interpreted as a rejection of Donald Trump. […]

There are plenty of signs that any tensions between Trump and the Kochs are in the rear-view mirror.

Marc Short, a former top Koch network official, will be serving in an influential post in the White House as director of legislative affairs.

And the Washington Post reported last month that many Trump transition advisers on veterans affairs had ties to Concerned Veterans for America — a Koch group that was recently brought under AFP’s umbrella.

What that means is killing Obamacare,

privatizing whatever government-provided healthcare programs—like the VA's—they can get their hands on and

doing away with all the regulations. Particularly the ones that give us clean air to breathe and clean water to drink.

That's what they expect for the $250 million they spent in 2016

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/0...28Daily+Kos%29

The corporatocracy RULES. America is ed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rick Perry ‘regrets’ calling for elimination of the Energy Department now that he knows what it does

He also apparently misunderstood the Energy Department’s role after Donald Trump nominated him to serve as its secretary.

Perry initially believed he would serve as a global ambassador for the American oil and gas industry — a role he gladly embraced.

“My past statements made over five years ago about abolishing the Department of Energy do not reflect my current thinking,” Perry will tell the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee.

“In fact, after being briefed on so many of the vital functions of the Department of Energy, I regret recommending its elimination.”

Perry will reportedly say that he believes the climate is changing, but he won’t go so far as to say that those changes are related to human activity.

“I believe some of it is naturally occurring, but some of it is also caused by manmade activity,” Perry will say. “The question is how do we address it in a thoughtful way that doesn’t compromise economic growth, the affordability of energy, or American jobs.”

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/rick...-what-it-does/

ing TX Repugs, all a bunch dumb BigOil s

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's EPA pick casts doubt on California's power to regulate auto emissions

Donald Trump’s pick to head the Environmental Protection Agency cast doubt on whether California should continue to have power to impose its own emission rules for cars and trucks, an authority the state has enjoyed for decades that is also the cornerstone of its efforts to fight global warming.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...6b984-80115881

Block CA from regulating emissions in CA and kill CAFE, that's what Kock Bros paid for, and that's what they'll get.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tom Daschle couldn't be a cabinet member for a very similar reason:

“I have come to learn during the confirmation review process that I failed to pay FICA and federal and state unemployment taxes on a household employee for the years 2000-2004.”
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/18/u...axes.html?_r=0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two potential attorneys general under President Bill Clinton — Zoe E. Baird and Kimba Wood — lost their chances to become the first women to hold that office; their nominations were pulled after revelations that they had not paid “nanny taxes.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #RickPerry is trending on Twitter - Want to guess why?

After that screw up, you would have at least thought he would’ve looked up the wikipedia page for the DOE.

Rick Perry follows in the footsteps of

Secretary Ernest Moniz, a nuclear physicist and former Chair at MIT, and

Steven Chu, a physicist and former Director of the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

As unqualified goes, it appears that Perry is bested only by Betsy DeVos and of course Donald J. Trump in the new administration.

What a show.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/1...alth-care-plan

Perry is epitomizes how Repugs insult govt and intentionallyt MISgovern.

The Repug Klown Kar rolls on, completely deserving widespread, hilarious ridicule.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's bungling cripples his national security team right out of the gate

Remember when counterterrorism expert Richard Clarke described "hair on fire" moments at the beginning of W's presidency as his CIA director tried to get the president focused on a potential terrorist attack in the lead up to 9/11?

Yeah, well, Obama's national security officials have been diligently prepping for the transition to the next national security team since last summer, producing some

275 briefing do ents and 1,000 pages of classified material and, writes Mark Landler:

Nobody in the current administration knows whether anyone in the next has read any of it.

Really, Trump has made such a big show of whom he was going to pick for certain cabinet posts that he just hasn't had time to get the national security team in place—not to mention someone who isn't a purveyor of fake news and conspiracy theories to lead it.

But lead it retired Army Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn will, and in an apparent information vacuum, according to outgoing national security adviser, Susan Rice.

“We really wanted to make sure there was nothing a new team needed to know that we hadn’t told them,” Ms. Rice said in an interview. “It took them more time than we expected for them to be ready to engage with us.” Now, she added, “we’re racing to make up lost time.”

Rice's team has reportedly been scrambling to make unclassified versions of their original reports because, true to Trump's stellar management skills,

most of the National Security Council (NSC) personnel he installed to run the transition didn't have security clearances. Perfect.

Let’s remember that none of the NSC positions require Senate confirmation, so the slow start represents nothing less than sheer incompetence.

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/1/18/1621858/-Trump-s-bungling-cripples-his-national-security-team-right-out-of-the-gate?detail=email&link_id=3&can_id=4217e8eb109c68b d0c2e4143dd2d8c15&source=email-cartoon-trumps-health-care-plan&email_referrer=cartoon-trumps-
    health-care-plan&email_subject=cartoon-trumps-health-care-plan

clownish, incompetent Don The Con driving his Klown Kar.

Does Trash have a security clearance?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bernie Sanders brings a flamethrower to grill healthcare nominee Tom Price

Sanders: Congressman Price, the United States of America is the only major country on earth that does not guarantee healthcare for people as a right. Canada does it, every major country in Europe does it. Do you believe that healthcare is a right of all Americans whether they are rich or they are poor? Should people, because they are Americans, be able to go to the doctor when they need to, be able to go into a hospital—because they are Americans?

Price:
    We are a compassionate society—

Sanders:
    No we are not a compassionate society.

In terms of our relationship to poor and working people our record is worse than virtually any other country.

We have the highest rate of childhood poverty of any other major country on earth.

And half of our senior older workers have nothing set aside for retirement.

So I don’t think compared to other countries we are particularly compassionate.

But my question is, in Canada, in other countries, all people have the right to get healthcare.

Do you believe we should move in that direction?

Price: If you want to talk about other country’s healthcare systems, there are consequences tot he decisions they’ve made just as there are consequences to the decision that we’ve made.

I believe, and I look forward to working with you,

to make certain that every American has access to the highest quality care and coverage that is possible.

Bernie:
    ’Has access to’ does not mean they are guaranteed healthcare. I have ‘access to’ buying a ten million dollar home, I don’t have the money to do that.

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017...alth-care-plan

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TRUMP EDUCATION NOMINEE BETSY DEVOS LIED TO THE SENATE

Newly elected Democratic Sen. Margaret Hassan pressed DeVos on these claims.

She asked DeVos directly if she was on the board of her mother’s foundation during the period in which large donations were made to Focus on the Family.

DeVos said that she was not on the foundation’s board.

When I heard that, I pulled up the 990 tax do ents of the Prince Foundation, which I investigated for my book “Blackwater.”

Betsy DeVos was clearly listed as a vice president of the foundation’s board, along with her brother Erik, for many years, at least until 2014. DeVos was a vice president during the precise period Hassan was referring to.

I then began a tweet storm about this lie:

https://twitter.com/jeremyscahill/status/821524884136325120/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/18/...to-the-senate/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The sad life of boutons on full display

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The sad life of boutons on full display
    suck it, loser

Your hero Trash and his band of sociopathic billionaires and dumb s gonna up real good,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not even in office yet and already one of the worst Presidents in the history of the United States.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Price: We are a compassionate society"

U.S. Ranks 23rd Out of 30 Developed Countries for Inequality

Study after study shows that America has more wealth concentration than most other developed nations. But WEF’s findings about how poorly the U.S. performs when it comes to wages and social safety nets is particularly notable since

legislation intended to address those disparities are set to undergo significant changes in the early years of the Trump administration.

perhaps the clearest indication of what the Trump administration has in mind for wage protections is the choice of Andrew Puzder for secretary of the Department of Labor. Puzder, the CEO of a fast-food company, has been outspoken about his disdain for federally mandated minimum-wage increases and new overtime rules that would result in either raises or additional pay for millions of workers.

Conservatives have said that these rules place an undue burden on business owners, which could result in hiring fewer works, or giving them fewer hours—which would ultimately hurt the labor force. Advocates of these federal initiatives say that, without them, workers—especially low-income workers—will remain underpaid, overworked, and without enough consistent income to access basic necessities.

the U.S.’s striking inequality likely influences a variety of other disparities, including political and social polarization.

The report suggests that while dangerous, the current problem can be improved through policies that, among other things, promote parity in wages regardless of gender, race or ethnicity; educational opportunities; and access to jobs.

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2017/01/wef-davos-inequality/513185/

Trash and his sociopath Repug assholes will make the poor poore, the richer much richer, and kill 10Ks due to denying them health.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not even in office yet and already one of the worst Presidents in the history of the United States.
    yep, look at his agenda, look at Repug platform, look at Exec branch staffing, if they "succeed", America of the 95% fails.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    yep, look at his agenda, look at Repug platform, look at Exec branch staffing, if they "succeed", America of the 95% fails.
    A large part of America failed themselves, people like yourself included. This picture pretty much represents the crybabies like you and other hyper liberals

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Treasury pick: 'I have been maligned'

Grilled by Senate Democrats on Thursday, Steven Mnuchin firmly defended his record as a banker. He insisted that regulators -- not the California bank he owned -- were at fault for a series of troubling foreclosures on widows, military families and other vulnerable homeowners during the Great Recession.

One of the final Donald Trump Cabinet picks to face Congress, Mnuchin went before the Senate Finance Committee. He faced policy questions about taxes, the debt ceiling and banking regulation.

"Since I was first nominated to serve as Treasury secretary, I have been maligned as taking advantage of others' hardships in order to earn a buck. Nothing could be further from the truth," Mnuchin said.

Mnuchin said he was concerned with the foreclosure practices while he ran the bank,

It's not just his banking record that's generating criticism.

Even before the hearing began, Democrats went on the attack Thursday about offshore investments Mnuchin has in the Cayman Islands, which they charged had not been submitted to the committee as part of his financial disclosure.

"Mnuchin's failure to disclose his Cayman Islands holdings just reeks of the swamp that the President-elect promised to drain on the campaign trail," said Sen. Charles Schumer, the Democrats' senate leader. "It's no wonder that Republicans are trying to rush these nominees through the Senate, but the American people and Senate Democrats are not going to stand for it."

Under questioning about those holdings, Mnuchin said the offshore en ies were set up to benefit clients of his client, including pension funds and not-for-profits. He denied that he had used these holdings to reduce his personal taxes. He also said he supports simplifying the tax code, which would eliminate such offshore loopholes.

"What you did may have been legal but it was to help people and en ies avoid U.S, taxes," said Sen. Bob Menendez of New Jersey.

"we were forced to foreclose on senior citizens even when they only owed $1."

Critics of OneWest and the attorney who sued on behalf of the Florida woman insist that OneWest's policies frequently sought improper foreclosures, and that the bank was far more aggressive dealing with foreclosures than other reverse mortgage lenders were.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/19/news...inkId=33563936

Stats show OneWest was the worst of the worst of the foreclosure mills.

yeah, Munchkin is FOR raising taxes on the scamming, predatory, destructive wealthy capitalists like himself by closing loopholes?

Somebody forced him to buy criminal IndyMac at distressed price?

Thread Information