Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republican senators won’t wait on Pruitt confirmation, despite thousands of missing emails

Only one Republican senator has said she will vote against Trump’s nominee for head of the EPA.

senators never seeing some 3,000 requested pieces of correspondence between his office and oil and gas companies.

Pruitt has been criticized for acting on behalf of the fossil fuel industry. As EPA chief, he would be responsible for enforcing environmental laws that govern how much and what kind of pollution those companies are allowed to emit.

Center for Media and Democracy “is asking the judge to declare that Pruitt has violated Oklahoma’s Open Records Act and order immediate release of all of the requested emails and other do ents,”

CMD filed an Open Records Act request in 2015 seeking correspondence between Pruitt and his staff and a number of oil and gas companies.

Officials in the AG’s office have said there were 3,000 responsive do ents to that request. After a two-year delay in releasing the do ents, CMD filed a lawsuit last week to force the AG’s office to respond. Since then, the office has

released 411 of the 3,000 emails

https://thinkprogress.org/republican...3e0#.kssx65111

Just another Repug nominee being sent to a dept to neuter or destroy it. Crapification of America

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pick for Medicare post faces questions on Indiana contracts

President Donald Trump's pick to oversee Medicare and Medicaid advised Vice President Mike Pence on health care issues while he was Indiana's governor,

a post she maintained amid a web of business arrangements, including one that ethics experts say conflicted with her public duties.

A review by The Associated Press found Seema Verma and her small Indianapolis–based firm made millions through consulting agreements with at least nine states while also working under contract for Hewlett Packard.

Her firm, SVC Inc., collected more than $6.6 million in consulting fees from the state of Indiana since 2011, records show.

At the same time, records indicate she also received more than $1 million through a contract with Hewlett, the nation's largest operator of state Medicaid claims processing systems.

Last year, her firm collected an additional $316,000 for work done for the state of Kentucky as a subcontractor for HP Enterprises, according to do ents obtained by AP through public records requests.

https://www.mdlinx.com/rheumatology/...ltant/7058535/

Chosen for her corruption, and intent to destroy Medicare.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nearly 800 former EPA officials oppose Trump pick for agency

Nearly 800 former Environmental Protection Agency officials urged the U.S. Senate to reject President Donald Trump’s nominee to run the agency as the chamber moved closer on Thursday to approving his pick, Scott Pruitt, the attorney general of oil-producing Oklahoma.

The 773 former officials signed a letter organized by the nonprofit group Environmental Integrity Project that said Pruitt’s record and public statements suggest he does not agree with underlying principles of environmental laws.

As attorney general,
    Pruitt sued the EPA more than a dozen times on behalf of Oklahoma and he has cast doubts on the science of climate change.

“Mr. Pruitt has shown no interest in enforcing those laws, a critically important function for EPA,”

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/near...e+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s H. R. 861. Not the le of H. R. 861, it’s the whole bill.\

The Environmental Protection Agency shall terminate on December 31, 2018.

The bill, introduced by Florida Republican Matt Gaetz and co-sponsored by Kentucky’s Thomas Massie, Mississippi’s Steven Palazzo, and Georgia’s Barry Loudermilk

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/0...e-legislatures

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russia-linked ex-Trump adviser Carter Page compares himself to MLK in bat crazy letter to DOJ

Carter Page, a former adviser to Donald Trump’s presidential campaign, has written a letter to the U.S. Department of Justice blaming former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton and her campaign for accusations that he has been colluding with the Russian government.

Page, a former investment banker who has made a name for himself attacking the United States government on Russian state media outlets,

gave The Intercept a copy of a letter he wrote to the DOJ asking it to investigate “the severe election fraud in the form of disinformation, suppression of dissent, hate crimes and other extensive abuses led by members of Mrs. Hillary Clinton’s campaign and their political allies last year.”

“The actions by the Clinton regime and their associates may be among the most extreme examples of human rights violations observed during any election in U.S. history since Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was similarly targeted for his anti-war views in the 1960’s,” writes Page.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/russ...e+Raw+Story%29

investment banker? all we need to know proving this asshole is crook, just like Don The Con'

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Scandal That May Haunt the New Nominee for Labor Secretary

R. Alexander Acosta was the head of the civil rights division at the Department of Justice in the Bush administration when subordinates skirted civil-service laws and engaged in politicized hiring.

R. Alexander Acosta, President Trump’s pick to run the Labor Department following the withdrawal of Andrew Puzder’s nomination, was the head of the civil-rights division of the Department of Justice in the Bush administration during a period in which

his subordinates became embroiled in a scandal over politicized hiring.

That scandal raises questions about Acosta’s ability to effectively manage a much larger federal agency in an administration that has already shown a tendency to skirt ethics rules.

“That period, all broke in the civil rights division,” said William Yeomans, a professor of law at American University and a former deputy section chief in the division under Acosta.

“That was all under Acosta, he presided over the politicization of the civil-rights division.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ustice/517002/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COURT ORDERS SCOTT PRUITT TO RELEASE EMAILS

Scott Pruitt Found In Violation of Oklahoma Open Records Act; Orders Withheld Emails Released by February 21

In her ruling, Judge Aletia Haynes Timmons slammed the Attorney General’s office for its “abject failure” to abide by the Oklahoma Open Records Act.

CMD, represented by Robert Nelon of Hall Estill and the ACLU of Oklahoma, filed a lawsuit that has driven unprecedented attention to Pruitt’s failure to disclose his deep ties to fossil industry corporations.

“Scott Pruitt broke the law and went to great lengths to avoid the questions many Americans have about his true motivations,”

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/02/17/1634612/-COURT-ORDERS-SCOTT-PRUITT-TO-RELEASE-EMAILS?detail=action&link_id=0&can_id=4217e8eb109c 68bd0c2e4143dd2d8c15&source=email-urgent-mcconnell-is-forcing-a-vote-on-epa-nominee-today-despite-judges-new-order&email_referrer=urgent-mcconnell-is-forcing-a-vote-on-epa-nominee-today-despite-judges-new-order&email_subject=urgent-mcconnell-is-forcing-a-vote-on-epa-nominee-today-despite-judges-new-order

Vote on Pruitt is today, the court is too late?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Pruitt goes in!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm surprised he didn't nominate Bernie Madoff to be Secretary of the Treasury. These picks have mostly been a sick joke.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pruitt narrowly confirmed to head EPA over Democratic objections

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...bjections.html

EPA and its benefits to America will be destroyed, that's what Kock Bros/BigCorp paid for.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm surprised he didn't nominate Bernie Madoff to be Secretary of the Treasury. These picks have mostly been a sick joke.
    That's what you get for letting Trump mop the floor with your asses.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    We got this!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Petraus is out. He wanted to pick his own staff, in other words he did not want Bannon sitting there. Bannon is a deal breaker. Trump set him there to make a point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Petraus is out. He wanted to pick his own staff, in other words he did not want Bannon sitting there. Bannon is a deal breaker. Trump set him there to make a point.
    I was tempted to nail the Petraus scalp upon hearing the news, but thus far not confirmed he was offered the position so that would be disingenuous.

And Bannon should be a deal breaker for anyone worth their salt. Dude doesn't know jack about "national security".

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I was tempted to nail the Petraus scalp upon hearing the news, but thus far not confirmed he was offered the position so that would be disingenuous.

And Bannon should be a deal breaker for anyone worth their salt. Dude doesn't know jack about "national security".
    Like the big shots who knew that jack when the Twin Towers were attacked not once, but, twice. No more big shots.

Bannon staysPERIOD If you don't like it, we'll find someone who does. No problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scott Pruitt emails tho...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Scott Pruitt emails tho...
    ...did he ever release them?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The judge shoulda ordered the release BEFORE the vote.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The judge shoulda ordered the release BEFORE the vote.
    No , which is why the GOP rushed the vote against the Dems wishes.

Party matters more than truth.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No , which is why the GOP rushed the vote against the Dems wishes.

Party matters more than truth.
    Everybody lies, 21.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everybody lies, 21.
    Yep. Not saying the Dems are immune from it. Just checkin assholes... You know how it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McMaster and servant
    Donald Trump appoints another national security adviser

Trump does something ing right.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democ...er-and-servant

McMaster is probably one of the most talented, bright people in uniform today, from what I have read.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This also points to the biggest puzzle about the 45th president. Mr Trump has surrounded himself with a clutch of amateurish and ideological advisers, led by Stephen Bannon, who have been responsible for much of his administration’s early haplessness. At the same time he has hired some reassuringly sensible and accomplished cabinet secretaries, such as James Mattis, the defence secretary, and, based on early reports, Rex Tillerson, the secretary of state. This group is believed to be opposed to, and possibly contemptuous of, Mr Bannon’s populist agenda--and Mr McMaster looks like a valuable addition to it. So whose advice will Mr Trump follow? The answer is unclear. Yet the future stability of America and the world may depend on it.
    No .

Let's hope the grown-ups win. Not betting on it though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McMaster and servant
    Donald Trump appoints another national security adviser

Trump does something ing right.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democ...er-and-servant

McMaster is probably one of the most talented, bright people in uniform today, from what I have read.
    McM is TOTALLY INCOMPATIBLE with the rest of Trash's destroyers, so he will be prevented from doing good, and will probably be a short timer.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 02-23-2017 at 06:11 AM.

Thread Information