Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumbass

That billboard wasn't paid for by Republicans or Trump supporters. Just the opposite.

but you ate it hook line and sinker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More Republicans than Democrats voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1964 by a large percentage.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mattis at Secy of Defense would need exemption from 7-year rule, but Trash obviously has not respect for laws, rules, etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mattis at Secy of Defense would need exemption from 7-year rule, but Trash obviously has not respect for laws, rules, etc

Seriously burqa-deux?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously though, Mattis is a legendary badass crazy from the Nam era...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those racist Democrats didn't switch to be Republicans. They either died off or were voted out. Fact still is, Republicans were the champions of the Civil Rights Act.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting an exemption is a rule

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those racist Democrats didn't switch to be Republicans. They either died off or were voted out. Fact still is, Republicans were the champions of the Civil Rights Act.
    You so FULL OF .

After Johnson and the Repugs voted VRA, Medicare, Medicaid, etc in the 1960s, the racist slave states switched from racist Dems to racist Repugs.

A lot of those 1960s southern racist Dems are still alive and the slave state culture is still profoundly racist, including slave state TX.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You so FULL OF .

After Johnson and the Repugs voted VRA, Medicare, Medicaid, etc in the 1960s, the racist slave states switched from racist Dems to racist Repugs.

A lot of those 1960s southern racist Dems are still alive and the slave state culture is still profoundly racist, including slave state TX.
    Burqa-Boo History refresher.

Lyndon Johnson was a Democrat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More Republicans than Democrats voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1964 by a large percentage.
    They they used it against the Democrats to turn southern democrats ,who were afraid of blacks and the civil rights movement, in to Republicans, it's called the southern strategy.

The GOP later admitted to doing it and it changed the course of political history in the U.S.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They they used it against the Democrats to turn southern democrats ,who were afraid of blacks and the civil rights movement, in to Republicans, it's called the southern strategy.

The GOP later admitted to doing it and it changed the course of political history in the U.S.
    Typical folly to blame it all on racism. The Democratic Party swung sofar left that they just left the working middle class behind and never got them back.

George McGovern?

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Repugs voted for, while the racist Southern Dems voted against it, then racist Dems switched to the being racist Repugs under Nixon's Southern Strategy.

... is why the Repugs have been party of racists, bigots, Christian Taliban, xenophobes for 50 years.

Party of Lincoln!
    A whopping three Dixiecrats ever switched parties. The only thing that's changed since then is that the Democrats have found more subtle ways to keep minorities on the plantation and have started pretending they aren't racist anymore in public.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but democrats voted for it too. the divide is much more blatant when you look at states then when you look at parties

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A whopping three Dixiecrats ever switched parties. The only thing that's changed since then is that the Democrats have found more subtle ways to keep minorities on the plantation and have started pretending they aren't racist anymore in public.
    Besides, Democrats are playing the odds now and going with the new immigrant brown vote. The used up unemployed blacks can kiss their ass now...they just don't have the numbers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Michael Flynn cheered coup attempt in Turkey—until he was paid to oppose it

It’s not just Donald Trump who is willing to sell out his policies. He’s hired an entire team of kleptocrats, including a National Security Adviser who was on both sides of an attempted coup in a NATO ally country.

When a faction of the Turkish military attempted to overthrow President Recep Tayyip Erdogan in July, Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn celebrated the coup effort as something “worth clapping for.” …

He warned that Erdogan was an Islamist and “very close to President [Barack] Obama,” who was leading his country toward disaster. However, that was before Flynn’s company was hired by an Erdogan ally. After that, Flynn began singing a slightly different tune.

Turkey is really our strongest ally against the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS), as well as a source of stability in the region. It provides badly needed cooperation with U.S. military operations. But the Obama administration is keeping Erdoğan’s government at arm’s length — an unwise policy that threatens our long-standing alliance.

During the coup attempt, Flynn painted Erdogan as the scary Islamist with ties to Democrats.

“Probably most of you don’t know, but there’s an ongoing coup going on in Turkey right now,” Flynn said during remarks. Turkey, Flynn warned, had begun “to move toward Islamism.”

“This is Turkey under Erdogan ― who is actually very close to President [Barack] Obama,” Flynn said, speaking at the Cleveland chapter of ACT for America, a group that describes itself as “the [National Rifle Association] of national security.”

But after his abrupt about-face, Flynn said Erdogan’s only real problem is this guy:

Fethullah Gülen, a shady Islamic mullah residing in Pennsylvania whom former President Clinton once called his “friend” in a well circulated video.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/1...28Daily+Kos%29

Grifter Trash hires grifter trash.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s Focus on Generals for Top Jobs Stirs Worries Over Military’s Sway

Donald J. Trump ran for president boasting that he knew more about fighting terrorists than America’s generals.

But now that Mr. Trump is the president-elect, he is spending a great deal of his time with retired generals, and those of a particular breed: commanders who, when they served, were often at odds with President Obama.

One has been named as Mr. Trump’s national security adviser, and several others are candidates for coveted positions in his cabinet or are advising him on how to confront the world’s greatest threats. They would give his foreign policy a far more aggressive cast than Mr. Obama’s.

Turning to the retired officers reflects Mr. Trump’s preference for having strong, even swaggering, men around him. But it worries national security experts and even other retired generals, who say that if Mr. Trump stacks critical jobs purely with warriors, it could lead to an undue emphasis on military force in American foreign policy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/21/us...er=rss&emc=rss

and you rightwingnutjob assholes were upset about Obama's drone killings?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's Top Commerce Secretary Pick Is a Billionaire Who Owned Coal Mine Where 12 Miners Were Killed

But Trump's commitment to out-of-work miners appears to have faltered, as his top pick for Commerce Secretary is Wilbur Ross Jr., a New York billionaire who owned the now-defunct Sago mine in West Virginia where 12 miners were killed in an explosion in 2006.

But Trump's commitment to out-of-work miners appears to have faltered, as his top pick for Commerce Secretary is Wilbur Ross Jr., a New York billionaire who owned the now-defunct Sago mine in West Virginia where 12 miners were killed in an explosion in 2006. The blast and ensuing collapse trapped 13 miners for almost two days. Only one survived. At the time, it was the deadliest mining disaster the Mountain State had experienced in nearly four decades. (It was eclipsed in 2010, when an explosion at Upper Big Branch Mine, also in West Virginia, killed 29 miners.)

In 2004, the federal Mine Safety and Health Administration, a division of the Labor Department, slapped Sago with 140 violations. Apparently, those citations didn't force Ross to improve his mine's safety: In 2005, MSHA cited the mine with even more violations, 208 total. Of those, 96 were considered "significant" or "serious and substantial." Barely into the following year, on Jan. 2, 2006, the deadly blast occurred.

Following the disaster, MSHA released a statement, saying:

MSHA became concerned that the Sago Mine's safety performance record was not as good as it should be. Mining operations at the Sago Mine more than doubled between 2004 and 2005, and the injury rate was significantly above the national average. This prompted MSHA to dramatically increase by 84 percent its on-site inspection and enforcement presence. ... several [citations] involved significant violations that were the result of high negligence.

The New York Post reported that former WL Ross & Co. executives put the blame squarely at their ex-boss's feet, noting he "had been intimately involved with the company that owned the West Virginia mine where 12 miners perished -- and he knew all about its safety problems."

On the campaign trail, Trump described himself as the "last shot for the miners," saying he would be "an unbelievable positive." But the only thing that is unbelievable about Trump's position on coal mining is that he may put a negligent CEO in charge of the federal department whose mission is, in part, improving the living standards of Americans through "sustainable development."

As Commerce chief, Ross would be in charge of a wide array of disparate federal agencies, including the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the US Census Bureau, the Patent and Trademark Office, and the Minority Business Development Agency.

Trump -- who Purdue history professor Louis René Beres castigated for taking "an evident pride in his deep historical illiteracy" -- likely doesn't know that in 1825, his predecessor

Thomas Jefferson feared a "government of an aristocracy ... monied in corporations ... ruling over the plundered ploughman and beggared yeomanry."

Nearly two centuries later, Jefferson's fear is coming true.

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/3...rs-were-killed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Burqa-Boo is coming unglued.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Burqa-Boo is coming unglued.
    You Lie

nobody's unglued, nobody's melting down.

If you racists don't like Trash's unending rubbed in face, you know what to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nikki Haley as US Ambassador to the UN. Let's see what awful things Boutons has to say about her or this pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nikki Haley as US Ambassador to the UN. Let's see what awful things Boutons has to say about her or this pick.
    slave state

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IRS docs show Bannon paid himself, ‘Clinton Cash’ author and Breitbart from nonprofit fund

Steve Bannon accepted $376,000 in pay over four years from a tax-exempt charity he set up in Florida to investigate political corruption.

During that same four-year period, that charity also paid $1.3 million to two other journalists who worked for Breitbart News, which Bannon oversaw as executive chairman, reported the Washington Post.

The nonprofit organization — which Bannon set up in 2012, when he was Breitbart’s executive editor — also bought $200,000 in advertisements from the conservative news website during the same four-year period, according to IRS filings.

The ins ute was funded with nearly $4 million in donations between 2012 and 2014 from the conservative Donors Trust and the Mercer Family Foundation

The IRS filings show Bannon was paid for 30 hours of work a week at the Tallahassee-based charity, while two of his Breitbart employees were paid for 40 hours of weekly work at GAI.

Wynton Hall, GAI’s communications strategist and a writer and social media chief for Breitbart, was paid $600,000 by the conservative nonprofit between 2012 and 2015.

He was promoted this year to managing editor of Breitbart, which served as a Donald Trump propaganda outfit during the election campaign.

Peter Schweizer, an at-large editor for Breitbart, was paid $778,000 by GAI between 2012 and 2015 as he researched and wrote “Clinton Cash: The Untold Story of How and Why Foreign Governments and Businesses Helped Make Bill and Hillary Rich.”

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/11/irs-...e+Raw+Story%29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could just rule by fiat as Obama has. congress.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have to respect a man who can pick the best person even if he doesn't like them.

Thread Information