Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Whilst Sessions is being deluged..."Look over there at the Stars & Bars."------Rick Perry just went in.

tee, hee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Senators press Icahn on White House influence, business conflicts

Several Democratic senators pressed billionaire investor Carl Icahn on Monday to clarify his role as an adviser to President Donald Trump, saying his position in the administration raised "alarming" questions about potential conflicts of interest with

his stakes in the biofuels and pharmaceutical industries.

The senators, led by Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island, sent a letter to Icahn pointing out that, as a Trump adviser on regulation,

he has made policy proposals that benefit his own investments - which range from an oil refinery to an nutritional supplement manufacturer.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...litics+News%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump adviser Carl Icahn is advising government to cut the regulations that hurt his own companies

Since Carl Icahn, the billionaire investor, was named by President Trump as a special adviser on regulatory matters, he has been busy working behind the scenes to try to revamp an obscure Environmental Protection Agency rule that governs the way corn-based ethanol is mixed into gasoline nationwide.

is a majority investor in CVR Energy, an oil refiner based in Sugar Land, Tex., that would have saved $205.9 million last year had the regulatory fix he is pushing been in place.

Mr. Icahn, 81, in a series of interviews in the last week, was unapologetic. He said he was not subject to conflict of interest rules because he is an informal, unpaid adviser to Mr. Trump, not an official government employee.

The belief that you don't have to have ethics if you're not getting paid seems endemic, on team Trump.

Though the ones cashing paychecks are, we must admit, not doing much better.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/0...28Daily+Kos%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some weird goin on at State...

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson spends his first weeks isolated from an anxious bureaucracy

Most of his interactions are with an insular circle of political aides who are new to the State Department.

Many career diplomats say they still have not met him, and

some have been instructed not to speak to him directly — or even make eye contact.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/secretary-of-state-rex-tillerson-spends-his-first-weeks-isolated-from-an-anxious-bureaucracy/2017/03/30/bdf8ec86-155f-11e7-ada0-1489b735b3a3_story.html?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.a1549f 8366bb

iow, how the Repug/Bannon assholes ignore, insult the civil service as "swamp".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wilbur Ross dogged by red-diaper babies at Forbes over conflicts of interest:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalex.../#60170af87e87

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wilbur Ross dogged by red-diaper babies at Forbes over conflicts of interest:

Weird that Forbes mag, "The Capitalists' Tool", would be muck-racking so-called billionaire Capitalist Wilbur Ross

Ross is yet another Trash capo with (chosen for?) big connections to Pootin's mafiya

===============================

Trump commerce secretary's business links with Putin family laid out in leaked files

Wilbur Ross stands to profit from company run by Russians, some of whom are under US sanctions

In 2014, Ross led a €1bn takeover of the Bank of Cyprus,

a favoured destination for Moscow oligarchs seeking to store their wealth.

Until 2013, the bank’s biggest shareholder was the Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev.

In 2008, as the US began to fall into a financial crisis, Rybolovlev bought a Florida mansion from Trump for $95m.

The future president had paid $41m for it four years earlier.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/201...aradise-papers

Last edited by boutons_deux; 06-19-2018 at 12:23 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wilbur Ross, high-plains grifter?

It is difficult to imagine the possibility that a man like Ross, who Forbes estimates is worth some $700 million, might steal a few million from one of his business partners. Unless you have heard enough stories about Ross.
    Over several months, in speaking with 21 people who know Ross, Forbes uncovered a pattern: Many of those who worked directly with him claim that Ross wrongly siphoned or outright stole a few million here and a few million there, huge amounts for most but not necessarily for the commerce secretary. At least if you consider them individually. But all told, these allegations—which sparked lawsuits, reimbursements and an SEC fine—come to more than $120 million. If even half of the accusations are legitimate, the current United States secretary of commerce could rank among the biggest grifters in American history.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalex...n-of-grifting/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those who’ve done business with Ross generally tell a consistent story, of a man obsessed with money and untethered to facts. “He’ll push the edge of truthfulness and use whatever power he has to grab assets,” says New York financier Asher Edelman. One of Ross’ former colleagues is more direct: “He’s a pathological liar.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to five former WL Ross employees and investors, the firm was also charging its investors on money that it had lost. Here’s how it worked: If WL Ross made an investment of, say, $100 million that declined dramatically, in the final years of the fund the firm was supposed to charge management fees on the actual value of the investment, not the $100 million starting point. However, WL Ross allegedly continued collecting fees on the amount invested, taking more than it deserved. WL Ross was allegedly even charging fees on one investment that was essentially worthless. When approached about the discrepancy, Wilbur Ross initially insisted his firm was calculating the fees correctly, according to someone familiar with those discussions. “There are all sorts of fee issues,” says an investor, “but it was just the most egregious that I’ve seen.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On November 1,2017, Ross signed a sworn do ent, attesting that he had divested all the assets he promised he would. That was not true. The commerce secretary in fact still owned somewhere between $10 and $50 million worth of stock in WL Ross’ parent company, Invesco. Ross sold his shares a month later, banking at least $1.2 million more than he would have if he sold in May, when he initially promised to divest. By falsely claiming he gotten rid of the shares earlier, Ross also put himself in legal jeopardy, since it is a crime to lie to federal officials. Representatives for Ross, a sophisticated investor, claimed the commerce secretary did not lie but instead failed to realize he owned the shares.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    grifter, cheat, liar, thief, psychopathically venal, predatory asshole, deeply connected to Russian oligarchy, the perfect Trash Secy of Commerce.

Thread Information