Bear Hug Defense
    Post Count
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...616-sf42388616

The bitter end to Rob Gronkowski's game against the Seahawks got even worse on Monday.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported that Gronkowski suffered what is believed to be a punctured lung in the team's loss to Seattle, according to sources with knowledge of the situation. Rapoport reported that Gronkowski is expected to miss Sunday's game against the San Francisco 49ers because of the injury.

The Patriots have enviable depth at tight end with Martellus Bennett enjoying a Pro Bowl-caliber season and the schedule works in New England's favor this. The Patriots are heading to San Francisco to face the 1-9 49ers in Week 11, a game the Patriots should be able to handle without him.

Gronkowski missed five plays after taking a big hit from safety Earl Thomas during the game, although the tight end was surprisingly at peace with it after the game.

"That was a big hit -- probably one of the hardest I've got hit in my career, for sure," he said. "By a good, fast player who's like a missile. It was a good, clean hit. Nothing against it. ... It's a little tough to breathe, but once it comes back, you're good. He hit me fair and square. It's football. You're going to get laid out eventually."

Gronkowski already had 560 yards on the season despite barely playing until Week 5 when Tom Brady came off suspension. He somehow leads in the league in yards per catch at 21.6 despite being larger than most Rhinoceri. This will be the third time in five seasons Gronk has missed at least three games due to injury.

Bear Hug Defense
    Post Count
    Gronk scheduled to have back surgery per ESPN

My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    His season over?

Soak In Your Own Blood BanditHiro's Avatar
    Post Count
    if they gave a about him it would be but i'm sure Belichick would Bud Kilmer his ass to get back on the field.

My Team
    Detroit Lions
    Post Count
    New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski will undergo back surgery on Friday and will likely miss the rest of the season, the team announced.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I do get tired of hearing/reading about how Gronk is the greatest TE ever and a total mismatch for everyone. The greatest TE ever was John Mackey, he's the guy who changed the position and if ever there was a huge mismatch it was him. There is a reason the best TE award in the NCAA is called the John Mackey Award.

Imagine the best QB in history throwing to the greatest TE, the great Ray Berry and the first great receiving running back Lenny Moore. All 4 of them in the HOF.

Moore would be a slot receiver today.
    Last edited by Avante; 12-02-2016 at 11:32 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Rumors started by a former Patriots team doctor that there's a very strong possibility that this could be a career ending injury for Gronk.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    I herniated a disc in 2003....my s been ed up ever since and after two surgeries....I can't imagine trying to play football after that.

Thread Information