Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He said it on his transition website, what are you talking about?
    He said modernize - not privatize. You guys are coloring Trump with Ryan's Medicare wishes. Medicare is not one of his premier campaign promises - he's got a lot to do before even considering that - ACA, immigration, taxes, drain the swamp, etc.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He said modernize - not privatize. You guys are coloring Trump with Ryan's Medicare wishes. Medicare is not one of his premier campaign promises - he's got a lot to do before even considering that - ACA, immigration, taxes, drain the swamp, etc.
    believing people campaign on
    just like hillary was going to give everyone college free tuition

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    believing people campaign on
    just like hillary was going to give everyone college free tuition
    He didn't campaign on Medicare. How can you compare that to Hillary's free college tuition?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh my. Watching your disappointment with Donald will be sad to watch...you actually believe what this grifter sold during his campaign?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh my. Watching your disappointment with Donald will be sad to watch...you actually believe what this grifter sold during his campaign?
    Sure you don't mean happy :-) Not to worry - my hope lies elsewhere.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    If I have to depend on Medicare when I'm 65 in almost 30 years, I ed up somewhere along the way.

This country won't be able to afford adequate Medicare in the future. Sure, they can afford a ty version of it just like the states deal with ty Medicaid nowadays.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    I don't know man, the US is pretty ing stubborn on everything it seems. We're like the only country in the world that still uses 12th century units for measurement instead of the much simpler metric system, for instance. I don't know where the money for universal healthcare comes from as long as we're blowing tax dollars playing world police with military bases all over the globe.
    We're never gonna be able to afford very good universal healthcare in this country. Sure, ty version like Medicaid which is atrocious, but not adequate enough. It will cost way too much and the country will bankrupt itself in trying to do so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's medical care plan: Go to doctor. Pay for the . Else die.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I don't buy a word Trump campaigned on. He's looking like a Trojan horse into Washington for the GOP.
    Trojan horse? As in a democrat posing as a republican? Or he's secretly just an establishment type like Ryan?

President's rarely govern the way they campaign (No nation building Bush, Obama the unifier) so we'll have to wait and see what Trump does. I do find it funny that both the left and the Ryan "wing" of the GOP seem to think that Trump is going to be easy to push around considering the fact that he just spent the last year and a half ting all over both of them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're never gonna be able to afford very good universal healthcare in this country. Sure, ty version like Medicaid which is atrocious, but not adequate enough. It will cost way too much and the country will bankrupt itself in trying to do so.
    It's gonna cause problems for the states that did ACA Medicaid expansion (much less universal healthcare) - almost double the expected enrollment and 49% higher than expected cost per enrollee.

http://www.investors.com/politics/ed...aid-expansion/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Trump hasn't mentioned touching Medicare or SS during his campaign"

again, you ignorance is funny.

Trash LIED IN HIS CAMPAIGN that he wouldn't touch Medicare or SS, but he has already agreed to RyanCare (privatizing Medicare).

He will sign any and all bills the Repug establishment Congress sends him ing up Medicaid (transformed by block grants to the states for political slush funds) and SS.

The mod to SS that will affect all retirees (not just those below a certain age) will be a new calculation to reduce the cost of living adjustments, so retirees, already underpaid, will get poorer over the years.

Other on the Repug sociopathic agenda:

raising the age for full benefits of both SS and Medicare.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Trash LIED IN HIS CAMPAIGN that he wouldn't touch Medicare or SS, but he has already agreed to RyanCare (privatizing Medicare).

He will sign any and all bills the Repug establishment Congress sends him ing up Medicaid (transformed by block grants to the states for political slush funds) and SS.

The mod to SS that will affect all retirees (not just those below a certain age) will be a new calculation to reduce the cost of living adjustments, so retirees, already underpaid, will get poorer over the years.

Please link to where he has already agreed to privatizing Medicare.

I agree with slowly raising the age for SS and Medicare - we are all living longer lives - something must be done to save them and that is probably the least painful.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since the program first began paying monthly Social Security benefits in 1940, the average life expectancy for men reaching age 65 has increased nearly 7 years to age 84.3, for women reaching age 65, their average life expectancy has increased nearly 7 years to age 86.6.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please link to where he has already agreed to privatizing Medicare.

I agree with slowly raising the age for SS and Medicare - we are all living longer lives - something must be done to save them and that is probably the least painful.
    I read it on the intertubes.

I have absolutely no doubt that Trash will agree to, or at least remain silent, as Ryan's sociopaths screw, through reconciliation (Ryan has promised to use reconciliation), Medicare, Medicaid, safety net.

(SS is not part of the budget so can't be modified through reconciliation, but Repugs will kill all filibuster)

People may be living just a little longer (Trash's voters have been found to have decreasing longevity due to drugs, alcohol, guns) but it's like a few tenths of a year longer, not full years longer.

( btw, Americans comparatively LOW longevity actually matches or exceeds other countries for those Americans who live to 65 and obtain Medicare health care. )

For you sociopaths who love to over old people while cheering while BigCorp fleeces those same people for decades:

Where are the 65+ people going to get the money to pay for their own health care and/or retirement? They may be employed (like under 4% unemployment) until age 70 but at what income?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so is ryan going back to "makers and takers" talk again?
    did he ever left that talk?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did he ever go away from it? I thought the Ayn Rand selfish asshole thing was his shtick.
    this niglet beat me to it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trojan horse? As in a democrat posing as a republican? Or he's secretly just an establishment type like Ryan?
    Good question.

President's rarely govern the way they campaign (No nation building Bush, Obama the unifier) so we'll have to wait and see what Trump does. I do find it funny that both the left and the Ryan "wing" of the GOP seem to think that Trump is going to be easy to push around considering the fact that he just spent the last year and a half ting all over both of them.
    IMO, Trump having a huge ego is a plus here. If he keeps being the attention he's always been, Medicare and SS are probably relatively safe.

He's going to care about his "legacy" and he can always rail against the likes of Ryan with the 'draining the swamp' BS...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Medicare and SS are probably relatively safe.

He's going to care about his "legacy" and he can always rail against the likes of Ryan with the 'draining the swamp' BS...
    It's nothing but wishful thinking that Trash will have fights with the Repug Congress.

He will not even threaten to veto Repug bills, amendments.

He doesn't care about his legacy, because he will LIE about it as he always has ("I'm rich. Really rich"), remaining totally immune to the truth. "Sad. So sad"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

all people running for office lie when running
    however some try to do some of the things but do not succed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    problem with medicare is too many freeloaders on the system abusing the system while tax revenue allocated to it is not enough to meet the rising costs of medical treatment...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    problem with medicare is too many freeloaders on the system abusing the system while tax revenue allocated to it is not enough to meet the rising costs of medical treatment...
    Medicare isn't the problem. It has been screwed, along with all Americans, by for-profit health insurance and for-profit health care.

Until health insurance and care are available without profit seeking, EVERYTHING else is bull .

And as if the sticker price of health care wasn't bad enough to satisfy their profit-seaking, there are annual $10Bs of Medicare/Medicaid fraud by even legit providers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whenever I go overseas and talk politics first thing people always ask is why we dont believe in universal healthcare. Seems so like simple to them even the conservatives there dont argue against it even though they are very similar to US repubs in a lot of other ways

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Irony alert: Trump voters in KY worry they might lose Medicaid coverage

The good folk of Clay County, KY voted by a huge margin of 86-11for Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton in last week’s presidential election.

It also turns out that
    :

About 60 percent of Clay County's 21,000 residents are covered by Medicaid, up from about a third before the expansion. The counties [sic] uninsured rate for nonelderly adults has fallen from 29 percent to 10 percent.

That means that a good portion of the residents of that county just voted to have their own medical coverage taken away from themselves, their families and their neighbor

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016...icaid-coverage

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He's certainly not a democrat trojan horse like all the right wingers were predicting, at least based on his cabinet appointments and supreme court list. I expect Trump to be really lazy as president and to mostly go with whatever Pence tells him just like first term Bush with Cheney. Trump never prepared for debates, why would he do much due diligence on policy after having won?

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Trojan Horse as is he said he was going to clean up and instead he's going to put on a trojan condom and rape Americans in the ass, but just the majority of them

Thread Information