Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    to my son DAF:
    how come Argentina might not qualify with a stacked roster ?
    They will.

what does it say about talent vs tactics and proper coaching?
    That you need both.

how come not even the baby GOAT can give ONE national trophy to argentina after being favorite so many times? # math.
    A combination of bad luck and bad final performances.

how can argentina be such a mediocre team with such quality players?
    They aren't mediocre. A mediocre team doesn't get to three straight finals.

maybe it's more to a team than just having quality players?
    Never said otherwise.

I think I'm onto something here tbh imo, isn't it re ed to relegate a team to raw talent?
    When the did I ever say anything remotely close to that. Do you have reading comprehension skills problems or something?

so isn't it re ed to just label a team mediocre when they have 3-4 quality players and then only adeuqate talent?
    I label teams as mediocre when they display mediocre results, such as two straight group stage eliminations in WCs.

isn't it re ed to label a team mediocre when that team is better than .500 against true contenders in the last 2 years?
    isn't it true that italy is better than .500 against contenders in the last 2-3 years?
    I don't know what their record is against contenders in the last 2-3, nor what do you consider contenders. All I remeder is that they lost in the quarters of the Euros against Germany on penalties and that they got eliminated in the group stage of the last two WCs. What good does it do for you to have a better than .500 % against contenders in friendlies if you don't even get to play against them in the tournaments that matter? Argentina beats Germany in all the friendlies but then get royally ed on WC's, so I don't get the point you are trying to make, tbh.

inquiring minds need to know tbh.
    You should inquire about more relevant stuff, tbh.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Alves, Marquinhos, Miranda, Marcelo, Fernandinho, Coutinho, Neymar. That's more than I know about France, tbh.
    sure

like you don't know... Pogba, Griezman, Paillet, Giroud, Varane, Kante, Matuidi, Lorris, Martial... not even speaking about those guys in Barcelona roster

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Alves, Marquinhos, Miranda, Marcelo, Fernandinho, Coutinho, Neymar. That's more than I know about France, tbh.
    lol wtf, I am the first on this forum to make fun of our less masculine neighbors but they are crazy STACKED, they look like an all star team tbh.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    They will.
    That you need both.
    A combination of bad luck and bad final performances.
    They aren't mediocre. A mediocre team doesn't get to three straight finals.
    Never said otherwise.
    When the did I ever say anything remotely close to that. Do you have reading comprehension skills problems or something?
    I label teams as mediocre when they display mediocre results, such as two straight group stage eliminations in WCs.
    I don't know what their record is against contenders in the last 2-3, nor what do you consider contenders. All I remeder is that they lost in the quarters of the Euros against Germany on penalties and that they got eliminated in the group stage of the last two WCs. What good does it do for you to have a better than .500 % against contenders in friendlies if you don't even get to play against them in the tournaments that matter? Argentina beats Germany in all the friendlies but then get royally ed on WC's, so I don't get the point you are trying to make, tbh.
    You should inquire about more relevant stuff, tbh.
    son italy gave the world champs the toughest compe ive game they've had in the last 4 years, they beat spain at the euro and held them in check in the qualifiers, beat a strong 2nd tier in belgium and are generally getting good results besides the world cups where ups came from calciopoli remains (unbalanced teams due to politics, promotion of monkeys, etc). Looking forward they play a clear system, are astute tactically and have a decent amount of quality and rising players, maybe less known to the international press but able.

if you say argentina had bad luck why can't italy have bad luck? they went to the finals in 2012 too, it's not like they sucked constantly since '06. they have constant very good compe ive games in the last 4-5 years. anybody who bets will tell you that italy has about the same chance as brasil in '18 (i'm not talking about odds, oddsmakers will milk the casuals)

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    I'm tired of discussing this. Who wants to bet? I have Brazil getting further than Italy in Russia. Who's in?

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    sure

like you don't know... Pogba, Griezman, Paillet, Giroud, Varane, Kante, Matuidi, Lorris, Martial... not even speaking about those guys in Barcelona roster
    Dude, I just wanna say Um i is a GOD SEND. Love him and was a player Barca desperately needed. Really bright future for this kid

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    I'm tired of discussing this. Who wants to bet? I have Brazil getting further than Italy in Russia. Who's in?
    You'd need to give someone 5 to 1 odds at a minimum. Italy isn't going to do , don't get me started on Russia

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Dude, I just wanna say Um i is a GOD SEND. Love him and was a player Barca desperately needed. Really bright future for this kid
    I agree brah, kid is awesome...

France is nowadays blessed with a generation poping up talents like , let's see if we can win something with those kids

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    Imagine living in a world where you don't rate Neymar
    Wat

Thread Information