Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    That episode was pure trash tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That episode was pure trash tbh.
    aaaaandddd another one. Episode 4 was more of the same. Scheming...grunting...killed a guy.
    The metaphysical stuff is pretty ridiculous. And you can't convince me that the Crown and the East India Trading Company would be at the mercy of one guy.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    If it was anybody other than Tom Hardy carrying this show, it would be total crap. Hardy saves it. Other than that it's a pretty typical "Throw in some blood, a sex scene or two, and a few obligatory uses of ' '.....and voila! Edgy TV!" paint by numbers show that encompasses the majority of shows these days. There's no doubt now that we are well past the Golden Age Of TV.
    Are we talking about Tom Hardy or Greg Hardy here?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Are we talking about Tom Hardy or Greg Hardy here?
    Tonya

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Absolutely what I was hoping for, totally nails it. Hardy at his very best (this and Lawless).

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Let's be honest, this show just flat-out sucks...another lame episode

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Yeah...pretty big waste of Hardy's ability. Kinda like Mono said, they just took his acting chops and plugged it into a run of the mill series formula.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Great stuff especially last night.

I don't get the negativity, it's what it's suppose to be. It's like watching a Tarzan movie and.....what's with all that silly swinging in the trees about?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah...pretty big waste of Hardy's ability. Kinda like Mono said, they just took his acting chops and plugged it into a run of the mill series formula.
    In this case, "they" would be Hardy and his dad who created this piece of average crap.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Unless there's a spectacular payoff in the last 2 episodes this show is on the fast track to cancellation. This is season 2 True Detective-bad

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Great stuff especially last night.

I don't get the negativity, it's what it's suppose to be. It's like watching a Tarzan movie and.....what's with all that silly swinging in the trees about?
    None of it makes sense. One minute East India wants him dead. Then they need him alive. Then the crown wants him dead, then they need him alive too. The Americans want to work with him, but at the same time send someone to kill him, then immediately get in business with him again. Nothing of consequence seems to happen, nobody important dies or ever really seems to be in danger. All you get is Tom Hardy grunting for an hour (still badass) and Jonathan Pryce ranting "will someone please do their ING job!" and then it's on to "stay tuned for scenes from the next episode".

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Have last night's episode on DVR. Am going to give it one more shot.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Awful. This show is a piece of crap.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    When ya read Robert E.Howard or H.P. Lovecraft ya know what to expect. If heroic fantasy and supernatural horror aren't your thing you don't want to be reading Howard/Lovecraft.

Going in I expected to see exactly what I'm seeing and I love it. The series totally nails what it's trying to sell. Hardy absolutely perfect in this role, hard to imagine anyone else pulling it off.

Not real concerned with the plot, far more into the look and the feel of those times. The brutality of it all.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    If it was anybody other than Tom Hardy carrying this show, it would be total crap. Hardy saves it. Other than that it's a pretty typical "Throw in some blood, a sex scene or two, and a few obligatory uses of ' '.....and voila! Edgy TV!" paint by numbers show that encompasses the majority of shows these days. There's no doubt now that we are well past the Golden Age Of TV.
    Agreed....you should watch Santa Clarita Diet on Netflix.... is funny.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets

Not real concerned with the plot, far more into the look and the feel of those times. The brutality of it all.
    That's where loses me these days....I need substance over style.....Breaking Bad did both better than any of these shows.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Conan stories by Robert E. Howard are set in a fantastic world. Wizards, necromancers, demons, wicked women, giant serpents, giant apes, Gods, etc etc. Whatever the plot was gets lost in the world Conan deals with. The setting, those whatevers our hero must deal with, the feel of that world is what grabs ya. Taboo has this same kind of feel, that is the attraction for me.

The captain of the ship is a monster, the crew plots to kill him. The characters, the look of the flick, the dialogue is what sells this simple plot.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    So many story-lines and not one of them is interesting.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Finally it's getting semi-interesting. Should have gotten to the sunken slave ship plot way faster.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Dark, gloomy, bad teeth everywhere, realistic violence which is always the worst kind, and that walk. Best thing I;ve seen on regular TV in ages. Hmmmmmm?....well it did get me to watch a regular tv show.

I need me a hat like that, I can do that walk.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Finally it's getting semi-interesting. Should have gotten to the sunken slave ship plot way faster.
    100% agree. Hopefully it'll remain on this track and narrow it's focus to a main plot. Like DD said, it has too many sub stories that are just dull.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I guess tonight wraps it all up. Totally delivered on what was being sold.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I guess tonight wraps it all up. Totally delivered on what was being sold.
    No...it's more like:

what's advertised

what's delivered

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If ever a part was tailor made for a particular actor we just saw it. Only Stallone as Rocky compares.

Would love to see the series as a movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If ever a part was tailor made for a particular actor we just saw it. Only Stallone as Rocky compares.

Would love to see the series as a movie.
    No ing . Put all of this into 2 hours. Would be way more tolerable. I agree.

Thread Information