Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Last week, Former Los Angeles Rams running back and hall of famer Eric erson had a bunch of things to say about the team and their return to the Los Angeles area.

“Here is L.A., we have a defensive-minded coach, and we have an offense that is boring as ,” said erson. “They throw outs, they throw checkdowns, they spread the field every once in a while.”

“Then we have a quarterbacks coach – no offense – a quarterbacks coach, Chris Weinke, that’s coaching our No. 1 pick, that we traded all these draft picks for,” erson said. “Show me the proof, show me what you’ve done, show me your history. What history do you have working with quarterbacks (and) developing quarterbacks?

“Then I could believe, and I just believe that they don’t have the right coaches and that’s what it comes down to: the coaching of a quarterback. You can’t just throw a quarterback out there and expect him to play well.”

According to TMZ, comments like that is the reason he has now been banned from the Rams sideline during games.

“The Hall of Famer went on his radio show early Monday and said, “Someone with the Rams told me I’m not wanted on sidelines at games, that what I’ve said makes the players uncomfortable.”

erson did not reveal who made the call — but sources connected to the situation say it was someone powerful.

erson said the Rams official told him his honesty was making players uncomfortable.

We’re told erson is unhappy with the situation — especially because he’s not only been a supporter, but hosted the rookies at his home during training camp in his own “rookie symposium.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    jeff "7-9" fisher once again burning bridges with franchise players, just like he did with mcnair. this dude is a cancer to every franchise dumb enough to offer him a job.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    He ran a 9.4 100 yards in HS and had that great stride. Great great RB.

He can say whatever he wants about these Rams, those early 50's teams with Norm Van Brocklin and Bob Waterfield sharing the QB duties, that "bull elephant" backfield with Tank Younger and Deacon Dan Towler averaging over 6 yards a carry, then that HOF receiving combo of Tom Fears and "Crazy Legs" Hirsch, they were great. Then here came Bass (first 1000 yard rusher) and "Jaguar" Jon Arnett in the 60's, and now what we see today, these Rams need to criticized.

erson and Simpson the fastest of the great RB's.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    typical frost king imho tbh fwiw

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

He can say whatever he wants about these Rams, those early 50's teams with Norm Van Brocklin and Bob Waterfield sharing the QB duties, that "bull elephant" backfield with Tank Younger and Deacon Dan Towler averaging over 6 yards a carry, then that HOF receiving combo of Tom Fears and "Crazy Legs" Hirsch, they were great. Then here came Bass (first 1000 yard rusher) and "Jaguar" Jon Arnett in the 60's, and now what we see today, these Rams need to criticized.

How do they stack up to Csonka/Riggins tho?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

How fast did they run the 40?

I used to have a book and studied the stats and history of the game bro, you know your from way back.... Tom Fears had 6 TD's in a game I believe or near that and Gale Sayers also did (Ernie Nevers too I believe). This brought back memories with those names.

jeff "7-9" fisher once again burning bridges with franchise players, just like he did with mcnair. this dude is a cancer to every franchise dumb enough to offer him a job.
    Don't forget to include their genius GM Les Snead.
    Remember what he parlayed 2012s #2 overall pick into?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    How do they stack up to Csonka/Riggins tho?
    Would you believe that while in HS in Kansas Riggo won state with a 9.8? Yes he was lighter then, but he did have "good" speed at 240. Csonka was slow.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    How fast did they run the 40?
    Simpson took 6th at the NCAA Champs in the 60. And while at USC he ran on a WR 4x1 team.

First time I became aware of Simpson was in Fresno at a track meet, he was running a leg on the San Francisco City 4x1 team. Saw...Orenthal James Simpson...in the program, thought...."cool name". I didn't know he was the nations top JC RB.

erson was a Texas state 100 champ, to win Texas ya will have some serious jets. I have no problems seeing a 4.38ish for both erson and Simpson.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I used to have a book and studied the stats and history of the game bro, you know your from way back.... Tom Fears had 6 TD's in a game I believe or near that and Gale Sayers also did (Ernie Nevers too I believe). This brought back memories with those names.
    When I get into anything, the first thing I do is go back to the beginning and learn everything there is about it. I need the history of it all, the origins.

I saw that Sayers game, it was against my Niners, it was pouring down rain. A couple things about him....

While in HS he led the nation in the long jump, I'm thinking 24-11.

Hard to believe the great Gale Sayers isn't the fastest member of his family. That would be his older brother Roger, who once beat rhe great Bob Hayes in the 100 yard dash. Roger was also a great footballer at U of Omaha, but he was only 160 pounds.

USA Rankings 100

1....................... Bob Hayes
    2......................Frank Budd
    3...................Roger Sayers
    4....................... Henry Carr
    5..................... Dave James

Budd played with the Eagles, Carr with the Giants. As we know Hayes was a Cowboy.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Meh, I don't care. People are making this a big deal, but it doesn't bother me.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    took a on Chris Weinke

When Dallas played them in the preseason and I discovered that Weinke was on their coaching staff I legitimately got a chuckle out of that.. Just goes to show that anybody with any amount of NFL experience has a job for some team out there

This is like Vince Young teaching a savings and retirement course

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    He dropped truth bombs and they couldn't handle it

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    He dropped truth bombs and they couldn't handle it
    took a on Chris Weinke

When Dallas played them in the preseason and I discovered that Weinke was on their coaching staff I legitimately got a chuckle out of that.. Just goes to show that anybody with any amount of NFL experience has a job for some team out there

i didn't even know weinke was still alive and this bum got a gig coaching the number 1 pick in the draft

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    not only did Vince purchase those designer shirts that group of followers just threw on the ground, but he just paid for everyone of their Pappadeaux tabs, AND got everyone of them drunk enough to think being in a big group of shirtless guys is a good look

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    i didn't even know weinke was still alive and this bum got a gig coaching the number 1 pick in the draft
    Exactly. I figured he was dead too considering he was a 39 year old rookie

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    ...mah

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Could also liken this to Steve McNair teaching a self defense course

When I get into anything, the first thing I do is go back to the beginning and learn everything there is about it. I need the history of it all, the origins.

I saw that Sayers game, it was against my Niners, it was pouring down rain. A couple things about him....

While in HS he led the nation in the long jump, I'm thinking 24-11.

Hard to believe the great Gale Sayers isn't the fastest member of his family. That would be his older brother Roger, who once beat rhe great Bob Hayes in the 100 yard dash. Roger was also a great footballer at U of Omaha, but he was only 160 pounds.

USA Rankings 100

1....................... Bob Hayes
    2......................Frank Budd
    3...................Roger Sayers
    4....................... Henry Carr
    5..................... Dave James

Budd played with the Eagles, Carr with the Giants. As we know Hayes was a Cowboy.
    Sayers not being the fastest member of that family is quite scary.... WOW. I have heard of Henry Carr too, remember reading about him in that book and seeing his stats. Bob Hayes another one, well known if you look back at the history and a of a player.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Could also liken this to Steve McNair teaching a self defense course
    Like Adrian Peterson giving parenting lectures

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Sayers not being the fastest member of that family is quite scary.... WOW. I have heard of Henry Carr too, remember reading about him in that book and seeing his stats. Bob Hayes another one, well known if you look back at the history and a of a player.
    Bob Hayes is STILL the fastest player to ever play football. His 10.06 ran on a dirt track some 50 years ago is far superior to anything ran on these modern tracks today by footballers/tracksters. Bullet Bob a running back in HS/Florida A&M, the Cowboys made a receiver out of him.

Henry Carr actually beat Hayes at 200m numerus times, he was a long sprinter a 200/400m man, actually anchored our Olympic 4x4 team to a gold medal. He had anchored his Arizona State 4x4 to a World Record. An Olympic 200m champ. Wasn't much of a DB for the Giants however.

Texas Southern's/NY Giants Homer Jones the first player to ever e the ball also beat Hayes in an NAIA 200m. Jones also the first player to return a kickoff for a TD on MNF.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I did learn something in this erson vs Fisher brawl. I didn't know Hall of Fame players can hang on any sideline they want. That's pretty cool and should be that way.

Bob Hayes is STILL the fastest player to ever play football. His 10.06 ran on a dirt track some 50 years ago is far superior to anything ran on these modern tracks today by footballers/tracksters. Bullet Bob a running back in HS/Florida A&M, the Cowboys made a receiver out of him.

Henry Carr actually beat Hayes at 200m numerus times, he was a long sprinter a 200/400m man, actually anchored our Olympic 4x4 team to a gold medal. He had anchored his Arizona State 4x4 to a World Record. An Olympic 200m champ. Wasn't much of a DB for the Giants however.

Texas Southern's/NY Giants Homer Jones the first player to ever e the ball also beat Hayes in an NAIA 200m. Jones also the first player to return a kickoff for a TD on MNF.
    I knew Hayes was fast but had no clue dude was that quick. Some say players get bigger, faster and stronger but as far as speed goes these guys hold up against ANYONE IMO, even Darrell Green who was the fastest man in the NFL for how long? I know Willie Gault was very fast too and did some running. I also remember Mike Quick for the Eagles being a very fast wide out but no clue how fast he ran or if he ever ran track. Those guys come to mind when I think of speed. I remember Carr too and Homer Jones, all the names you mentioned I studied in the book I got that told the stats throughout NFL history and year by year break down.

Thread Information