My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Plane Carrying a Brazilian Soccer Team Crashes in Colombia

A chartered plane with 81 people aboard, including members of a Brazilian soccer club, crashed on the outskirts of Medellín, Colombia, the authorities said early Tuesday.

Colombia’s civil aviation agency said the flight was operated by a small airline, LaMia, and carried the soccer club Chapecoense de Brasil. The team was traveling from Bolivia to play in the final of the Copa Sudamericana tournament when the plane crashed about 10 p.m. on Monday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/29/wo...-colombia.html

My Team
    Sao Paulo Futebol Clube
    Post Count
    Man what a tragedy

I'm listening to the Colombian news and they're saying "corto en combustible" WTF . They're saying they were only 5 minutes away from landing.

It's worse than the Torino/United accident . 76 dead so far and there were journalists on the plane as well.

From Serie D in 2009 to Serie A in 2014 and they would play their 1st big final in 2016. Sad stuff.
    Last edited by elemento; 11-29-2016 at 07:43 AM.

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Damn, I can't believe it. I heard they made scale in Bolivia, why couldn't they fly directly?

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Argie NT used the same plane to go to Brazil

My Team
    Sao Paulo Futebol Clube
    Post Count
    Damn, I can't believe it. I heard they made scale in Bolivia, why couldn't they fly directly?
    ANAC (Agencia de aviación BR) denied it. To go directly, the airplane had to be from Brazil or Colombia. It was from Bolivia.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    what a pity tbh, a long term thinking brasilian club too.
    some shady about to be uncovered with this airline, like this is unheard of, media saying out of kerosene. WTF tbh, i had to read that thrice.

Argie NT used the same plane to go to Brazil

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Apparently Atlético Nacional is giving Chapecoense the Copa Sudamericana. Nice gesture tbh.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Apparently Atlético Nacional is giving Chapecoense the Copa Sudamericana. Nice gesture tbh.
    If midget was on that flight they might have given him a pity copa america. Damn.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    If midget was on that flight they might have given him a pity copa america. Damn.
    I was expecting your re ed joke. Typical Murican smh.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    So sad...

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Sad...

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

Too soon tbh

My Team
    Portland Timbers
    Post Count
    Damn that sucks. Just before a big tournament final for a relatively small club.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    really really sad...

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    PSG is donating €40M to Chapecoense.

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    Sons this is ed up, tbh... Was really hoping they'd win this thing. Very sad.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    I heard that the reason for the crash was that the plane ran out of fuel. How the can that happen. That's so unacceptable.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Too much wind, the pilot underestimated the weight, ground crew didn't fuel enough jet fuel, the instrument were telling the pilot everything is ok, the pilot flew too low, the fuel pump failed, who knows.

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    As far as I know what happened is that the autonomy of the plane was just a few kilometers more than the distance of the trip they were making, so there was little spare fuel in case of an unforseen event that would delay their landing.

And of course that's exactly what happened, as they were approaching the airport there was already another plane who had to make an emergency landing because of a fuel leakage problem so they were put on some sort of a holding pattern where they had to keep flying in circles until they were cleared for landing (the pilot didn't say they were running out of fuel until it was too late) but after the 2nd "lap" they just ran out of fuel and crashed.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    I heard that the reason for the crash was that the plane ran out of fuel. How the can that happen. That's so unacceptable.
    Apparently Bolivian standards aren't as high as Argentina/Brazil/Colombia so they were allowed to fly with less fuel than the usual.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    The pilot was the co-owner of the company. When he arrived to Medellin, he didn't declare emergency in order to avoid fines, licence suspension and criminal charges. Two pilots declared emergency before him, he was left to wait. When he declared emergency, it was too late.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    The pilot was the co-owner of the company. When he arrived to Medellin, he didn't declare emergency in order to avoid fines, licence suspension and criminal charges. Two pilots declared emergency before him, he was left to wait. When he declared emergency, it was too late.
    de able tbh. wonder if this was with argentina's NT if we'd get a war in south america tbh.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    de able tbh. wonder if this was with argentina's NT if we'd get a war in south america tbh.
    It's hard to understand how the Conmebol contracted such an informal company. There should be an investigation to find out.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    It's hard to understand how the Conmebol contracted such an informal company. There should be an investigation to find out.
    $$$ speaks. The sad reality is you need tragedies like this for corrupt organizations to get their together, just out of fear of lost revenue. Imo if this wasn't chapecoense and it was a big NT like brasil or argentina the storm would've been biblical.

Thread Information