Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ]Good good, now you just need a good gm
    The spurs fans have been so hungry for a purple and gold cucking. The sooner the better. This whole being good but not repeating is getting old.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Lakers are better because cancer Kobe retiredPERIOD

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    tbh you can try to prop up luke but we all know why the numbers went up and its because a certain cancerous chucker finally retired and is no longer draining the will and desire from his teammates

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sure you did, whitemamba.
    Also, shockingly early for you to throw blackmamba under the bus. Didn't think you would until the next anointed one shows up.
    you want me to slap you again and prove it? Your takes are so easy to squash its sick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you want me to slap you again and prove it? Your takes are so easy to squash its sick.
    Sure, after you learn what "again" and "prove" mean.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sure, after you learn what "again" and "prove" mean.
    That's what I thought old man.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Thank God he is gone... man after 2011 it got really bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what I thought old man.
    So you are saying you under stand neither of those words?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    tbh you can try to prop up luke but we all know why the numbers went up and its because a certain cancerous chucker finally retired and is no longer draining the will and desire from his teammates
    word. cant disagree with that.

just happy with the luke pick. 1st time in what 5 years? i feel the lakers finally had a direction lol.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Thank God he is gone... man after 1996 it got really bad.
    FIFY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers will make the playoffs ..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers' organization did things the correct way, tbh..

They milked Kobe for ticket sales and media coverage while the team was rebuilding, hired the worst coach in NBA history to lead the tank, gave him his farewell tour and didn't alienate any of his cult following, and now they're moving in a successful direction..

All they have to do is trade D'Tective now, since they will never attract any FAs if he's still on the team..they could probably get a nice package for him, too, despite his slow start to the season..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We weren't winning 5 without Kobe...that Shaq team was a one and done type deal without Kobe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why do lakers need snitch, when clarkson is the superior player?

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    At lease he has the Lakers compe ive. If injuries weren't such a factor early on, we could possibly have had a better record then 10-10. I have been to a game in the early going and the energy at Staples is great. This is all we asked for: compe iveness. One step forward.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Lake Show deserves credit for trying to build the right way with young talent instead of going the Knicks route and looking for the quick fix.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Lake Show deserves credit for trying to build the right way with young talent instead of going the Knicks route and looking for the quick fix.
    not really, they were forced to because of no one wanting to play with Kobe's corpse and deal with their ty coach and trainwreck of a team the last couple years. they were shunned by FAs and had no real tradeable assets, at least none that would get them anything of equal value in return. good to see them rebuild but imo if they could've taken the knicks way they would have

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you mean like signing timofey mozgov, luol deng and lou williams?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    not really, they were forced to because of no one wanting to play with Kobe's corpse and deal with their ty coach and trainwreck of a team the last couple years. they were shunned by FAs and had no real tradeable assets, at least none that would get them anything of equal value in return. good to see them rebuild but imo if they could've taken the knicks way they would have
    u for this truth nuke joseph, but you are absolutely correct. Give them credit for drafting clarkson, sticking with randle, not drafting bustafor. Everything else was just a product of their own up, and we lucked out really. No one wanted to play with aging TOSB kobe, and we had no pieces. Now Kobe is gone, young pieces are in place and they made the right move by keeping JC, signign Luke etc, So they lucked out yes, but they didnt make re mistakes like in the last few years.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Incorrect about Lou Williams--he was already on the team when Luke took over. Luol Deng has been a waste and Mozgov was overpaid. However, what exactly were they going to do? There needed to be filler in the gaps between Randle, Clarckson, Ingram, and Russell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Incorrect about Lou Williams--he was already on the team when Luke took over. Luol Deng has been a waste and Mozgov was overpaid. However, what exactly were they going to do? There needed to be filler in the gaps between Randle, Clarckson, Ingram, and Russell.
    what does this have to do with Luke? If they were playing with the youngsters they wouldn't have signed them imo. They wanted to be compe ive and they signed some vets to do that. No biggie, but calling that building through the draft is meh, after all you guys are already paying Clarkson danny green money

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    what does this have to do with Luke? If they were playing with the youngsters they wouldn't have signed them imo. They wanted to be compe ive and they signed some vets to do that. No biggie, but calling that building through the draft is meh, after all you guys are already paying Clarkson danny green money
    Because they signed Williams prior to Walton getting there. You made it sound like this was something they did post- Luke's hiring--it wasn't. He was signed prior to him taking over. Nor can you build a complete team solely based on the draft. That's why they got Williams. I'm not sure why they got the other two. But it does seem to at least bring some compe iveness to the Lakers that was lacking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because you know the Lakers were thinking "rebuilding" when they signed Howard and Nash, and tried to sign Howard again.. They were thinking "rebuilding" when they paid Kobe 50m for sitting on the bench for 2 years, when they drafted Russell and Randle with high draft picks, when they hired Mike D, Mike Brown, Byron Scott... and they were thinking "rebuilding" when they signed those people you just mentioned.

Yeah... that Chaz is a genius. Does things the right way.

People ITT have revisionist glasses, except HH and he's trolling.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Man, Walton thus far in his career has done a good job in earning initial praise. The way he maximize the Lakers core and development has been very impressive. I haven’t checked their stats but, I think they’re still Top 10 in defensive rating.

Kudos to Luke, tbh.

Thread Information