Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'm not infinitely progressing. I stop at the US economy. In 2016 there were 7.8m unemployed.

If he were to do one such deal every day, he would get the unemployment problem solved in 21 years, 5 months.
    Employment is a boat tossed by a thousand waves. Its not on, nor has it ever been, on the head of a single person. Couching it as thus is disingenuous, at best, whether it be done by Trump or others. Local/State policies drive this as much as Federal structures. That being said, it seems noteworthy that 1000 jobs were moved from one side of the ledger to another.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Trump is shocked that Carrier took him literally. That doesn’t bode well for his many promises.

Trump candidly admitted that he didn't even remember having promised to keep Carrier's jobs in the state and insisted that he hadn't actually meant to make that promise.

He said something to the effect, 'No we're not leaving, because Donald Trump promised us that we're not leaving,'" Trump said.

"And I never thought I made that promise — not with Carrier.

I made it for everybody else. I didn't make it really for Carrier. And I said, 'What's he saying?'"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...t-draw7&wpmm=1

Holy ! Your rightwingnutjob mother ing Trash fellators, Teysha Blue as leader, have been so totally CONNED by Don the Con!

Take your slapping like the little you are.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Moonbat posts a link from 2008.
    Here's a factual link you'll ignore again.
    boutons
    http://www.newyorker.com/news/john-c...the-automakers
    :facepalm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So without meaning and insignificant are not the same things? Fuzzy logic.

I'm in Toronto. How come I don't see all of you cry babies crossing?

So are you saying you are pro-life?
    Everything is relative. It is meaningful to the individuals in question. In is insignificant to the unemployment of the US economy which the POTUS is measured by.

Nuance is tough for you it seems.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Employment is a boat tossed by a thousand waves. Its not on, nor has it ever been, on the head of a single person. Couching it as thus is disingenuous, at best, whether it be done by Trump or others. Local/State policies drive this as much as Federal structures. That being said, it seems noteworthy that 1000 jobs were moved from one side of the ledger to another.
    And the sum of those waves is 7.8m. That is the denominator. POTUS influence extends to the state and local level too. That is apparent by what he just did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moonbat posts a link from 2008.
    Here's a factual link you'll ignore again.
    boutons
    http://www.newyorker.com/news/john-c...the-automakers
    I think you're missing the forest for the trees on this one. Republicans in the Senate killed the democrats' bill to bail out the auto industry thereby forcing W to act unilaterally against the wishes of his own party.

I don't think this fact hurts Boutons argument that republicans weren't behind the auto bailout. You're actually strengthening his argument, imo.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    There was opposition on both sides of the aisle to the bailout. That bush went ahead and signed legislation to enable the bailout is his accomplishment

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    There were many well-reasoned arguments in opposition to the bailout. I didn't even want it. But amongst the Specter of massive jobloss, I couldn't see what else to do either

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was opposition on both sides of the aisle to the bailout. That bush went ahead and signed legislation to enable the bailout is his accomplishment
    Your link.

On December 19, 2008, a week after Republicans in the Senate had killed a bailout bill proposed by Democrats, saying it didn’t impose big enough wage cuts on the U.A.W....

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    From my link

"The only problem with Biden’s history lesson is that the “man with steel in his spine” he referred to should have been George W. Bush, not Barack Obama. Lest we forget, it was Bush rather than Obama who initiated the government rescue of the auto companies."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TRASH WARNS THAT COMPANIES SHIPPING JOBS OVERSEAS WILL BE SLAPPED WITH ENORMOUS BRIBES

NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report)—President-elect Donald J. Trump drew a line in the sand on Friday as he warned that U.S. companies planning to ship jobs overseas will be slapped with enormous bribes.

“If you think you’re going to get away with sending jobs out of the U.S., think again,” Trump said. “You are about to be bribed, big league.”

He raised the cautionary example of Carrier Corporation, which this week decided to keep a few hundred jobs in the U.S. in exchange for a seven-million-dollar government incentive.

“I warned those boys at Carrier: we can do this the easy way, or the hard way, where you get seven million dollars,” he said. “They backed down so fast—it was terrific.”

The President-elect said that the Carrier story should strike fear into the hearts of all American businesses that might be contemplating shipping jobs overseas.

“Do you really want to wind up like Carrier, with seven million dollars in your pockets?” he asked. “I don’t think so.”

In a parting shot, Trump warned companies that he was prepared to back up his tough rhetoric with even tougher action.

“I will bribe you so hard, your grandchildren will get paid,” he threatened.

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/trump-warns-that-companies-shipping-jobs-overseas-will-be-slapped-with-enormous-bribes

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    From my link

"The only problem with Biden’s history lesson is that the “man with steel in his spine” he referred to should have been George W. Bush, not Barack Obama. Lest we forget, it was Bush rather than Obama who initiated the government rescue of the auto companies."
    It's almost as if Republicans and Democrats occasionally think differently from their respective brethren and act accordingly.

Shocking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    However both sides want to spin this, this is funny,,,,

TRASH WARNS THAT COMPANIES SHIPPING JOBS OVERSEAS WILL BE SLAPPED WITH ENORMOUS BRIBES
    ....and that's the bottom line...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everything is relative. It is meaningful to the individuals in question. In is insignificant to the unemployment of the US economy which the POTUS is measured by.

Nuance is tough for you it seems.
    When you contradict yourself it's a "nuance".

Trump isn't the POTUS.

Are you pro-life?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the sum of those waves is 7.8m. That is the denominator. POTUS influence extends to the state and local level too. That is apparent by what he just did.
    Trump isn't the POTUS. POTUS is the one who scoffed at him when he said he would save them.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    This isn't a big deal....it was only a 1,000 jobs.....I mean, Boutons has been unemployed for decades now and still manages to post here 100's of times a day....this is just a 1,000 less people to compete with him for political forum space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump isn't the POTUS. POTUS is the one who scoffed at him when he said he would save them.
    POTUS-elect. Explain how that is a substantive difference, dim. Bet you cannot do more the contest minutiae point of facts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you contradict yourself it's a "nuance".

Trump isn't the POTUS.

Are you pro-life?
    I'm not here to answer your meaningless questions, dim. How about discussing my argument itself? Your deflections tell me you cannot.

I'm evaluating from the national level which he is about to be responsible for. You are looking at it from the vantage of your own ego. Things can be many things all at the same time. All I get from your take is that you are a small man.
    Last edited by FuzzyLumpkins; 12-03-2016 at 03:01 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    liberals are criticizing this deal because "lol he gave them tax breaks so they can stay"

no . its always been the conservative mantra to give tax breaks to companies so they can employ more americans. thats part of the trickle down they praise.

whether its a viable economic model is a different story, but as far as the carrier deal, its sticking to the conservative script

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Under Pence, state gave incentives to companies that offshored jobs

since Pence became governor in 2013, the state has awarded millions of dollars in economic development incentives to companies that have moved production to foreign countries such as Mexico and China. Those production shifts have cost thousands of Hoosiers their jobs during Pence’s time in office.

An IndyStar analysis found that the Indiana Economic Development Corporation — which Pence leads — has approved $24 million in incentives to 10 companies that sent work to foreign countries.

Of those incentives, nearly $8.7 million has been paid out so far.

During that same period, those companies terminated or announced layoffs of more than 3,800 Hoosier workers while shifting production to other countries, where labor tends to be far less expensive.

The state has clawed back or put a hold on some or all of the incentives in four of those cases, returning $746,000 in taxpayer subsidies. But in the other six cases, the companies faced no consequences.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/p...jobs/89260966/

Y'all Trash supporters have been 100% CONNED!

Trash "saved" less that 1000 jobs, while Carrier, etc offshored about 5000 jobs!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    POTUS-elect. Explain how that is a substantive difference, dim. Bet you cannot do more the contest minutiae point of facts.
    Because one is the POTUS and the other isn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not here to answer your meaningless questions, dim. How about discussing my argument itself? Your deflections tell me you cannot.

I'm evaluating from the national level which he is about to be responsible for. You are looking at it from the vantage of your own ego. Things can be many things all at the same time. All I get from your take is that you are a small man.
    You said "Human life is infinitely more valuable than a job. Life is not fungible. Jobs are.."

So I asked if you are pro-life. I suspect you aren't, which means it doesn't have infinite value to you. If a woman was preggers and decided to abort because she would have to quit her job to have a baby, losing her career possibly, that would be ok with you? In that instance, a single job was more important than a single life.

You don't know whether to or go blind.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repug/VRWC ideology has been, will always be "free market" bull .

Trash's INTERFERENCE with Carrier is govt overreach, non-FREE-market, n'est-ce pas?

But of course, Repugs ADORE Indiana's taxpayer $Ms being given to Carrier and other companies. And I suppose all that corporate "income" is tax free?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donald Trump’s first big economic blunder: Beneath the noise and bluster, Carrier’s a disastrous deal

Donald Trump has already made a mockery of the presidency — and bribed a company in which he owns stock

an empty P.R. stunt in which the president-elect claimed to have rescued jobs from being outsourced to Mexico by Indiana-based Carrier, the manufacturers of heating and air conditioning units.

First, Trump and Vice President-elect Mike Pence, the governor of Indiana, cut a $7 million check to the corporation in the form of tax giveaways, courtesy of the very taxpayers whose 1,300 jobs are still being stripped away and sent to Mexico. Sure, Carrier chose not to send around 800 jobs to Mexico, but as we learned later, the company is still sending 1,300 jobs to Mexico anyway. Put another way, Trump’s great triumph in Indiana adds up to a net job loss.

The Wall Street Journal reported:

The company will keep about 800 jobs it had planned to move out of the Indianapolis plant, but it still plans to move 600 jobs from that factory to Mexico. United Technologies also will proceed with plans to close a second plant in Huntington, Ind., that makes electronic controls, moving 700 other jobs to Mexico.

http://www.salon.com/2016/12/05/dona...sastrous-deal/

Do you Trash fellators think Trash is gonna impose at 35% tariff on Carrier gear imported from MX?

Or 35% tariff on Trash's own branded crap he imports?

The Carrier deal is pure PR, nothing but fraud, and Trash's supporters fall for it yet again.

U Have Bad Understanding Sportcamper's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I know that the 1000 plus Carrier employees who will remain gainfully employed are really really upset about the deal…

Thread Information