Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RPM is not RAPM. And there are two RAPMs, one uses Bayesian and one doesn't. Green is elite in all of them over multiple years. He's been a great starting two-guard for too many years for this "he's a d-leaguer" take to keep coming up.

But anyway, yes, the Spurs back court is shaky. Everyone happened to look bad at once tonight. That doesn't usually happen. But if they're playing with fire having Tony as their starting PG, they're swimming in lava having him and Manu as the top-two perimeter play-makers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RPM is not RAPM. And there are two RAPMs, one uses Bayesian and one doesn't. Green is elite in all of them over multiple years. He's been a great starting two-guard for too many years for this "he's a d-leaguer" take to keep coming up.

But anyway, yes, the Spurs back court is shaky. Everyone happened to look bad at once tonight. That doesn't usually happen. But if they're playing with fire having Tony as their starting PG, they're swimming in lava having him and Manu as the top-two perimeter play-makers.
    Yeah they will swim in lava for one game out of 5 against the clippers or the warriors..this guy just doesnt get it. Delusional.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While TP is up and down and he's shown much more than Manu and that's with Manu barley playing and getting rest days. Manu has fallen off the cliff to start the year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    which uses Bayesian inference, so we can basically discount it
    Yeeaaah...about that...turns out bayesian inference is one of the most useful techniques ever invented for inferential statistics and is a driving force behind the "big data" movement in behavioral science generally (along with PCA/ICA)...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We needed a Duncan replacement, unfortunately. Manu should've been let go. Parker should've been on the block along with picks. Maybe we get a team to bite.
    Well we all knew the team was going to be better replacing Manu and Porker but that was never going to happen. Manu thankfully will retire next year and he can get go get his 14 million and just be done with it.

Porker on the other hand...Pop is insistant on making him run the pffense till he's 40.

If patty is asking for 10 million dollars a year next year...I say dobt even bother resigning that ..although i heard the spurs have his bird rights.

Anderson sucking so bad this year when the team clearly expected him to be a part of the bench has also really ruined this team's potential.

Fringe contender at best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While TP is up and down and he's shown much more than Manu and that's with Manu barley playing and getting rest days. Manu has fallen off the cliff to start the year.
    Meh, they both look close to done to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Danny fanboy on cue

I don't get the fascination. He's a marginally better Bruce Bowen in an era where Bruce Bowen type players are becoming obsolete. 3 and D players are too one dimensional offensively for their defense to overcome their offensive deficiencies and predictability.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - It doesn't matter, I'll start Fathead in Playoffs 4th quarters anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah they will swim in lava for one game out of 5 against the clippers or the warriors..this guy just doesnt get it. Delusional.
    Who are you talking about?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have played their cards now..Need to go look in the scrap heap for third string PGs: Udrih, Chalmers whatever flotsam playmakers available..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green is a great player by any on/off metric, tbh, not just rpm or rapm..he's been a key starter on 2 Finals teams and has excelled in this era of basketball..

The Cavs(JR Smith), Raptors(Carroll), Warriors(Barnes) and Thunder(Roberson) all started players with the same limitations, last year, yet they were all more successful than the Spurs..

Unfortunately, you can't win in today's NBA without a lead playmaking guard..it's the reason I haven't bought the Spurs as a contender the past 2 years, despite their record..in a league where the other contenders and fringe challengers have Irving, Curry, Thomas, Paul, Lowry, etc, the Spurs are still relying on 1000-year old Parker..

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny fanboy on cue

I don't get the fascination. He's a marginally better Bruce Bowen in an era where Bruce Bowen type players are becoming obsolete. 3 and D players are too one dimensional offensively for their defense to overcome their offensive deficiencies and predictability.
    I'll let you duke it out with chinook. Some lightweight puccy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny fanboy on cue

He's still a very good player. But he shouldn't have to be the team's best guard by default. If the Spurs just had an all star PG, Danny's shortcomings would be overcome.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green is a great player by any on/off metric, tbh, not just rpm or rapm..he's been a key starter on 2 Finals teams and has excelled in this era of basketball..

The Cavs(JR Smith), Raptors(Carroll), Warriors(Barnes) and Thunder(Roberson) all started players with the same limitations, last year, yet they were all more successful than the Spurs..

Unfortunately, you can't win in today's NBA without a lead playmaking guard..it's the reason I haven't bought the Spurs as a contender the past 2 years, despite their record..in a league where the other contenders and fringe challengers have Irving, Curry, Thomas, Paul, Lowry, etc, the Spurs are still relying on 1000-year old Parker..
    Too bad he is icy hot. Like the definition of super role player.

Now if he was consistent, Spurs would actually be a great team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny fanboy on cue
    You're the one whipping out antiquated takes. There's a reason why you had to wait a month before coming with this thread. It's the typical "wait until the first second where you can claim victory then wallow in self-praise" thread.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team has also been generally unlikable, too, since adding Aldridge..he's a career loser with a cancerous style of play..

It was exacerbated this off-season by adding a known diva and pussy like Pau, sadly..very unlikable team, which is sad, considering how much fun the Spurs were in 2012-2014..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons is really working on using his penetration to get open shots for other guys. Sometimes too much, but I can at least see that he's doing something to expand his game. If the rest of those guys were playing well, I'd be all for what Simmons is doing. The fact that we are seriously worried about relying on him says a lot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol was about the best Duncan clone we could ask for. That signing was a no brainer. Manu should've probably been released.
    Gasol is redundant with LMA on the roster. Spurs really should've tried for a cheaper defensive big and went after a playmaking guard like Fornier or Clarkson.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad he is icy hot. Like the definition of super role player.

Now if he was consistent, Spurs would actually be a great team.
    There's limited consistency with role players..that's part of the reason they have limited roles on a team..it's the same case with every team..

Teams generally go as far as their stars take them in the NBA..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's limited consistency with role players..that's part of the reason they have limited roles..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol is redundant with LMA on the roster. Spurs really should've tried for a cheaper defensive big and went after a playmaking guard like Fornier or Clarkson.
    It's been hammered to death, but the Spurs realistically had about $23-24 Million in cap space this summer. It's sad that with that cap situation, only Lee, Dedmon and Bertans were good acquisitions (especially since none of them had to count against the cap at all).

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's limited consistency with role players..that's part of the reason they have limited roles on a team..it's the same case with every team..

That's the knock on him. Even though he rates positive. He still actually hurts the team and a lot of cases.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker locked up for another year and Ginobili making 14 million this year. It's not Paus and Manus you should be combining its Parkers and Manus. Now that's about 30 mill this year. Green is making ten, he's fine. Simmons is making less than a mill, he's fine. Patty is making around three, he's fine. The decline of the big 3 was always gonna be less than glorious but they earned their keep. It just sucks is all. 30 mill could buy another superstar tbh.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    I feel bad for Parker

He carried the spurs on his back for 10 years while Jim took the credit

The Autist looks lost without Parker holding his hand LMFAO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both Manu and Tony have similarly played poorly so far, tbh... just inconsistent, some games very good, some games bad...

I think it's worthwhile pointing out their usage is down in both cases to the lowest it's been since their respective rookie seasons. It's not 'low' overall (taking Murray out due to small sample, they rank #4 and #5), but this is Kawhi's and LMA's team now.

Thread Information