Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker: shows up once every 3 or 4 games. Lost about 10 steps.

Danny "D-League" Green: Highly overrated per RPM (which uses Bayesian inference, so we can basically discount it). Great defender, but his offensive inep ude doesn't offset his defensive contributions. He'd be more at home in the early 00s "Grit and Grind" era.

Patty House: Great shooter, but massively undersized at 5'10" (he ain't 6 feet). Not a true PG. Still a nice weapon off the bench.

Manu Ginobili: 60 years old.

Jonathan Simmons: Super athletic, but still very rough.

The usual suspects will probably blame Pau and/or LMA, since aside from Parker, there's a lot of sentimental "favorites" in this group, but your frontline can't flourish without solid and consistent backcourt scoring, which the Spurs lack in spades.

Same old story. Back to the "co ty" model to produce our backcourt scoring. Didn't work last season, and it won't work this season. I was hoping our size upfront would be enough to bully smallball teams, but if the backcourt isn't doing , LMA/Kawhi/Pau will just get swarmed to death.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bottom five unfortunately, but Pop won't do anything about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bottom five unfortunately, but Pop won't do anything about it.
    I don't know who's out there to fix the problem. Or which pieces we can conceivably trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know who's out there to fix the problem. Or which pieces we can conceivably trade.
    They might have to move one of Gasol or LMA. They had the money to fix it this past offseason but instead gave a combined $30mil to Gasol and Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dead last

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coming from the guy who said Porker should be our "Turd Option".

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    15 million for a washed up backup guard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    worst by far tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah. After a tough loss, here come these threads lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash/10

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coming from the guy who said Porker should be our "Turd Option".
    I was right. He was the 3rd best scorer against OKC, while Patty House was averaging something like 4 points and shooting .250 from 3.

New season is new season, though. ALL our backcourt sucks. There's no 3rd option among these s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This issue goes back to last season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mid's not wrong though. You see how awful the Spurs are when Parker doesn't have it going. A much better team can still expose our lack of a good backcourt.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was right. He was the 3rd best scorer against OKC, while Patty House was averaging something like 4 points and shooting .250 from 3.

New season is new season, though. ALL our backcourt sucks. There's no 3rd option among these s.
    And we lost. Proved you wrong then.

Should have let patty shoot more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 points combined from Danny and Parker, in 52 mins.

Complete garbage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And we lost. Proved you wrong then.

Should have let patty shoot more.
    He had a game-winning shot opportunity in game 2 and predictably clanked it. He's real good at draining 3s in garbage time, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mid's not wrong though. You see how awful the Spurs are when Parker doesn't have it going. A much better team can still expose our lack of a good backcourt.
    Right, but I haven't seen 1 of these since we went on a winning streak. Frankly, they've played well enough to win 9 straiget.

But people are so quick to make threads pointing out flaws after each loss. It's like clockwork. It's a long freaking season

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had a game-winning shot opportunity in game 2 and predictably clanked it. He's real good at draining 3s in garbage time, though.
    Look. You wasted a whole year, and the Playoffs proved that Porker as the Turd Option was a lose scenario. Eat got.

Stay losing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should have one of these for games on the road vs games at home...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good thread. This has been an ongping issue since last year but Popvich and The Crew decided replacing Tim was a bigger issue. They're bottom 5.

Another problem is that Pop is insisitant on running the same offense that heavily relies on a bottom 5 backourt. Which leads to some of the easiest buckets for opppsing teams specially when Ginobili is throwing the ball in the stands.

Not even going to bother with Porker who just lile today and last year was the biggest culprit for the spurs slpw start offense.

When Simmons is like your best backcpurt player in a game like this...you're going to struggle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They might have to move one of Gasol or LMA. They had the money to fix it this past offseason but instead gave a combined $30mil to Gasol and Manu.
    Gasol was about the best Duncan clone we could ask for. That signing was a no brainer. Manu should've probably been released.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good thread. This has been an ongping issue since last year but Popvich and The Crew decided replacing Tim was a bigger issue. They're bottom 5.

Another problem is that Pop is insisitant on running the same offense that heavily relies on a bottom 5 backourt. Which leads to some of the easiest buckets for opppsing teams specially when Ginobili is throwing the ball in the stands.

Not even going to bother with Porker who just lile today and last year was the biggest culprit for the spurs slpw start offense.

When Simmons is like your best backcpurt player in a game like this...you're going to struggle.
    It always starts with that er.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They could have actually posted up Aldirdge and Kawhi when tlthe offense was clearly struggling but instead we're running ty pick and offense with our best player stationed in corner and Aldirdge just out ere waiting for offensive boards.

These are the kind of games when you know from the first quarter the offense isnt clicking...you go to your best guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We needed a Duncan replacement, unfortunately. Manu should've been let go. Parker should've been on the block along with picks. Maybe we get a team to bite.

Thread Information