Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No way I can pay more love and respect than the biggest Lebron riders ... (you know who they are) but one thing I give this credit for is his passing. Yes he has great vision just a notch below Magic, Bird, Kidd, Stockton etc. ...but it's not much. But what LeBron has that even Magic did not, is the strength and ability to break all the fundamental traditional laws of passing: Dont leave your feet, dont throw cross court while floating the opposite way ...and he does it while delivering the ball with pin-point accuracy and touch when needed. This is talking about delivering balls with the SEAMS the way his team-mates like it.
    He really is Magic 2.0 maybe even 2.5 ...This article talks about what I have been saying for years. His passing is amazing watch him elevate hang then throw a perfect pass in to the shooting pocket of Kyrie, Love etc. Amazing. As a coach it goes against everything I used to teach but as fan it's beautiful.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...ng-more-dishes

"LeBron breaks all the passing rules," said one scout who recently tracked the Cavs. "You're not supposed to leave your feet and pass, and he uses it as a weapon. You're not supposed to pass through traffic. He throws backhanded fastballs that buzz the ears of two defenders. He always knows where everyone is going to be."

James has to be careful with what he says publicly, because it often can be used against him. Those who know him will tell you he believes this style is the way to win a most valuable player award. Whether James will ever win another one is hard to project; he often has to compete with his past résumés.

He is just to damn good ...
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 11-30-2016 at 08:36 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I think Lebron has a better court vision than Magic, Bird and Stockton. He's right there with prime Jason Kidd who has been vastly underrated in his career.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think Lebron has a better court vision than Magic, Bird and Stockton. He's right there with prime Jason Kidd who has been vastly underrated in his career.
    I disagree. Bird and Magic and the others had this extra level of anticipation I do see it from James but theirs was better. James physical gifts gives him access to lanes and alleys they could not dream of ...so their vision almost had to be better because neither guy could pull off the passing that James can.

So if you are saying that James is able to see more of the court I would agree ....but when I speak of vision Im combining anticipation and I think those guys did it a bit better but James is close. And like i said he can do things as passer that maybe only Prime Kidd was close to doing ...prime Kidd was never a Lebron level athlete but he was better than even very young Magic and definitely Bird.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bird and LeBron have better court vision and passing than Magic tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I disagree. Bird and Magic and the others had this extra level of anticipation I do see it from James but theirs was better. James physical gifts gives him access to lanes and alleys they could not dream of ...so their vision almost had to be better because neither guy could pull off the passing that James can.

So if you are saying that James is able to see more of the court I would agree ....but when I speak of vision Im combining anticipation and I think those guys did it a bit better but James is close. And like i said he can do things as passer that maybe only Prime Kidd was close to doing ...prime Kidd was never a Lebron level athlete but he was better than even very young Magic and definitely Bird.

Entirely untapped pools of metrics and data's that weren't part of professional sports are widely used for game plans and preparations . NBA players are significantly better at virtually any skills and athleticism.

The coaches knowledge has also proliferated, their methods and strategies have evolved. Think of that and you'll be amazed at how Lebron is dominating the passing game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bird and LeBron have better court vision and passing than Magic tbh
    Is Magic's vision overrated, tbh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't be a jerk.

RIP LeBron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    -Magic is the best open court PG b/c he can put a bounce pass on the money to a streaking player from anywhere on the court but LeBron is better in halfcourt sets b/c of the velocity he throws the ball which allows him to beat defensive rotations.

-Nash is the best at executing the PnR b/c he was more of a threat to score than Stockton who didn't really attack on switches.

-Isiah is the best at making something out of nothing b/c he had the ball on a string.
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 11-30-2016 at 11:45 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Just stop, Harlem.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just asking for an opinion from somebody that watched it live, tbh..I wasn't even born yet when Magic was at his peak..

Lefty is like 48 years old, he saw it first hand, I was looking for his opinion..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Just asking for an opinion from somebody that watched it live, tbh..I wasn't even born yet when Magic was at his peak..

Lefty is like 48 years old, he saw it first hand, I was looking for his opinion..
    Im not that old and I am obviously biased but the fact that we are having this discussion is a credit to both ...
    Like I said, LeBron's ability to make passes not even Magic could is largely because of his athleticism and high hoops IQ.
    Both are smart but Magic and especially Bird just cannot perform the types of passes talked about in the article.
    Because of that it required them to think two steps ahead because they lacked the explosiveness James had.
    For example MJ was very smart a basketball savant but he did not have to anticipate to blow by guys because he was quicker and jumped higher than everyone.
    The thing that was great about Bird/Magic/Stockton they were slower than the guys they played against but looked fast because they were so smart ....

I have no issue if someone thinks Lebron is a greater passer than Bird/Magic just like Choosing Tom brady over Montana or Elway ...I just disagree from a passing perspective and I saw all 3 play ....

Anyways this thread was about your boy Lebron not magic.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Oh and even in a positive article about James windhorst throws some salt basically saying he gunning for MVP ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gfy Harlem

You were Jesse Jackson's classmate tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Westbrook just passed LeSidekick for 6th all time in triple double, o yeah he did it like 300 or something games quicker. You got to give him props for last years finals performance tbh, that was legend.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic's the best passer I have ever seen. It seemed like at least once a game I'd see him fire a beisbol pass through traffic to get a teammate an uncontested layup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stock and Bird were far better passers tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a pure passer, it would be either Bird or Magic. Stockton was a little overrated as a passer, he is technically sound, but probably due to his size, he just couldn't see the floor as well as Bird or Magic.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Magic's vision sucked. He couldn't see the risk of getting AIDS from banging other guys unprotected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Put a solid, taller Rodman on Magic and all he can see is s

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lol I read the le differently.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so did I

Don't be a jerk.

RIP LeBron.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    lol I read the le differently.
    It was a deliberate play on words ...
    But my respect for his passing was genuine...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Can a real case be made for Bird over LeBron at this point? Magic someone could still argue rings but with Bird you cannot. I think he is still the slightly better passer and vastly better shooter but James is better at everything else ...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Larrys skin color is better tbh

Thread Information