Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn resident GM Chinook hasn't posted yet in this thread ..thoughts ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We got like no assets, Mills expiring isn't one of them. We won't be making any big deals, unfortunately.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeremy Lamb is someone i would try to add, but he can only "makes us better" if he explodes with us, on his very first season with us.

Two very improbable and big IFs.

But he has been playing very well on the limited time he has been on court with the Charlotte.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just drag TD's ass out of retirement, tell him to swallow his pride and give us 8-10 minutes a game off the bench, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh. It's hard to know what "realistic" means. If it's not realistic for either Tony or Manu to be moved, there's nothing the Spurs can do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I'm one of the biggest Patty fans in here, tbh... gonna be sad to see him go at the end of the season...
    Patty era needs to end tbh even at a reasonable price I think it's time we move on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anderson + small asset for Oubre

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I'm one of the biggest Patty fans in here, tbh... gonna be sad to see him go at the end of the season...
    Ditto

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see any realistic trade options. Lack of real assetts, lack of realisticly available targets.
    You also have a team that is 11-4, not quite in sync, so hard to pull the trigger.
    A good defensive and/or combo point guard would be good, but not sure any are reasonably available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see all the points you are making, in terms of not losing him and coming up completely empty handed, him moving on for a big contract, and very likely a larger role, etc... I remember the season the Spurs had an avalanche of "riches" at the PG spot with CoJo, in reality a rotation player for any other team, at the 3rd string PG. He could have been traded that season so as to not let him go for nothing. He didn't really play at all in the Clippers series, and considering how Tony was playing, giving CoJo a day in the sun in the series might have helped... specially after we saw him have a few very good games for the Raptors in the playoffs last season. It's just one of those things that one can attach to the list of Pop postseason blunders. But the point I wanted to make was that he could have fetched someone back.

PATFO
    instead didn't trade him. I guess PATFO wanted to keep him if it was possible.. maybe if LMA didn't sign... but I tend to think even if LMA had not joined the team and they had cap, they wouldn't have matched on CoJo's Raptors offer bc it was too much for a guy that would be swinging as a 3rd string PG and 1st when Tony was injured. It's just one of those things.

I get the feeling sometimes that Patty will be too overpriced to retain, but then I realize that Manu is likely retiring and of that entire le group he would be the only remaining player to lead a bench and his microwave scoring screams 6th man... and as a 6th man he would play more minutes than Tony at times and close out games if Tony is struggling. I just think if Spurs are deadset on continuing with Tony and developing Murray for a starting role (a very likely scenario), Patty can fit in as a bridge between the two and give you bench scoring. To me he fits a role for the Spurs going forward.

But it's anyone's guess what kind of offer he gets offer and whether the Spurs only moves in FA when the time comes include just paying to retain Patty and one of Dedmon or Simmons (if Simmons doesn't get out of his shooting slump through the season and remains as a player that just attacks the basket and gives you good defense, maybe his contract is not outrageous and Spurs can retain him... really depends on his play in the postseason... he's a guy that could shoot poorly all season --currently at 19% from 3-- and then get hot in one series like he did in that GSW game and someone come in and buy high on him too. You know Van Gundy will hype him up. lol)

Anyways, I have chatted too much as I tend to do. My crystal ball is clouded on Patty truth be told.. but considering the player he is for the Spurs, nah they don't trade him. The Spurs take their chances in FA with him and see what they can do.

(Really for me one of LMA or GAsol needs to go..)

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chinook is garbage at trade proposals. Mainly cause his player evaluations suck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see any realistic trade options. Lack of real assetts, lack of realisticly available targets.
    You also have a team that is 11-4, not quite in sync, so hard to pull the trigger.
    A good defensive and/or combo point guard would be good, but not sure any are reasonably available.
    Eh. It's hard to know what "realistic" means. If it's not realistic for either Tony or Manu to be moved, there's nothing the Spurs can do.
    We got like no assets, Mills expiring isn't one of them. We won't be making any big deals, unfortunately.
    All the trades that would considerably increase our chances should be to get a very good to great Point Guard or at least Combo guard.

All of those trades would involve trading either Manu or Tony.

A true Spur GM won´t trade them.
    All of this ^

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm on the record that there will be no trades during the season. The Spurs are going to battle with what they got. They might add a free agent at the end of the season, but there won't be any radical roster reconstruction.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge to PHX

Jrue Holiday, T. Jones, Cunningham pick to SA

Knight, Bender, Chriss to Pelicans

( Pels get Knight on a fair deal 12 mi next 4 yrs vs. paying 22+ mil for Jrue and get Bender as a nice prospect to grow w/ Anthony Davis at the 5.)

Then I'd turn around trade Mills for a late 1st to a contender out East (Hawks?) ( Jrue would start at PG, Parker would be back up -- no room for Mills).
    Take out one of Bender or Chriss (and add Tucker, if needed, to make it work financially) to even it out.

Spurs probably wouldn't touch Jones. Word is, he has some off court concerns, which is supposedly the main reason it took him so long to sign and he only got the veteran's minimum.

Value/need wise, all 3 would probably consider this though, but if/when they trade Aldridge, I suspect it won't happen until the off season.

I still think Knight, Len and one of Bender or Chriss is most likely, but I could see Randle, Clarkson, Nance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take out one of Bender or Chriss (and add Tucker, if needed, to make it work financially) to even it out.

Spurs probably wouldn't touch Jones. Word is, he has some off court concerns, which is supposedly the main reason it took him so long to sign and he only got the veteran's minimum.

Value/need wise, all 3 would probably consider this though, but if/when they trade Aldridge, I suspect it won't happen until the off season.

I still think Knight, Len and one of Bender or Chriss is most likely, but I could see Randle, Clarkson, Nance.
    They wont be getting anyone of knight value if do decide to wait till next season. You're not getting a young cheap guard that has proven scoring ability for 1 year with aldridge specially since Knight himself is somewhat in a decent contract.

The suns would also have to be fighting for a playoff spot for them to even consider Aldridge. I've never really considered the lakers but since they are fighting for a spot, maybe they do consider a trade...unlikely considering clarckson 4 year contract.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They wont be getting anyone of knight value if do decide to wait till next season. You're not getting a young cheap guard that has proven scoring ability for 1 year with aldridge specially since Knight himself is somewhat in a decent contract.

The suns would also have to be fighting for a playoff spot for them to even consider Aldridge. I've never really considered the lakers but since they are fighting for a spot, maybe they do consider a trade...unlikely considering clarckson 4 year contract.
    As if Knight has astronomical value. Aldridge is the key asset here and when you're the Suns (or most teams for that matter), Aldridge might as well be James or Durant, because he's as close as they can possibly sign and/or trade for in that stratosphere.

Besides, Aldridge almost picked them in '15, so there's a good chance he'd re-sign. Either way, they're more than likely desperate enough (stagnant franchise, GM probably feeling heat) to take the chance, especially considering they'd spare their best player (Bledsoe) and 3 of 4 top young assets (Booker, Lakers '17 1st, one of Bender or Chriss, but they'd get an upgrade at their position) and they already have internal replacements for what they'd lose (Ulis for Knight, Aldridge and an increased role for whoever remains of Bender or Chriss for Len and whoever is gone between Bender or Chriss).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As if Knight has astronomical value. Aldridge is the key asset here and when you're the Suns (or most teams for that matter), Aldridge might as well be James or Durant, because he's as close as you can possibly sign and/or trade for in that stratosphere.

Besides, Aldridge almost picked them in '15, so there's a good chance he'd re-sign. Either way, they're more than likely desperate enough to take the chance, especially considering they'd spare their best player (Bledsoe) and 3 of 4 top young assets (Booker, Lakers '17 1st, one of Bender or Chriss, but they'd get an upgrade at their position) and they already have internal replacements for what they'd lose (Ulis for Knight, Aldridge and an increased role for whoever remains of Bender or Chriss for Len and whoever is gone between Bender or Chriss).
    Knight can be a real asset for a future trading partner. There's better targets in the next couple of years...I dont see how a team that has zero chance of making the playoffs surrender one of their trade baits for a 1 year rental.

In Aldridge FA year, there would be like 5 players better than him. Why should the suns even bother with him at that point?

Trading for Aldridge just doesnt make sense for them in the short run or long run. The Lakers maybe since they have a decent coach and a playoff team...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knight can be a real asset for a future trading partner. There's better targets in the next couple of years...I dont see how a team that has zero chance of making the playoffs surrender one of their trade baits for a 1 year rental.

In Aldridge FA year, there would be like 5 players better than him. Why should the suns even bother with him at that point?

Trading for Aldridge just doesnt make sense for them in the short run or long run. The Lakers maybe since they have a decent coach and a playoff team...
    Aldridge is a real asset. He's regarded as a top 15 player and even if by the end of the season (if he doesn't pick it up), he's considered more top 20-25, it's the Suns and it's a more than likely desperate GM. It doesn't matter who's better, because the odds of them signing them are slim to none and their roster needs to be streamlined at some point anyway.

It does make sense. You can't toil in the lottery forever hoping to strike gold. At some point, impatience from ownership and fans leads to being fired. They need to do something to show improvement and drum up some interest and this is probably the best they can do.

There's no question in my mind they'd jump at this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brandon Knight is an atrocious basketball player, tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge is a real asset. He's regarded as a top 15 player and even if by the end of the season (if he doesn't pick it up), he's considered more top 20-25, it's the Suns and it's a more than likely desperate GM. It doesn't matter who's better, because the odds of them signing them are slim to none and their roster needs to be streamlined at some point anyway.

It does make sense. You can't toil in the lottery forever hoping to strike gold. At some point, impatience from ownership and fans leads to being fired. They need to do something to show improvement and drum up some interest and this is probably the best they can do.

There's no question in my mind they'd jump at this.
    If you're that confident with the Suns going for Aldridge hard..I hope the spurs have enough leverage to ask for Bledsoe instead though. Much better player. Knight is a terrible player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its Bledsoe or GTFO suns..if the spurs have control of the trade talk...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi + Cash for Chandler Parsons
    Aldridge for Dirk
    Gasol for Gasol
    Let Mills walk, bring Ray Allen out of retirement
    Max Parker
    Extend Ginobili for 5 years
    Fire Pop

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its Bledsoe or GTFO suns..if the spurs have control of the trade talk...
    In that proposal, Jrue Holiday would be coming to SA, not Knight.

And Jrue > Bledsoe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge to PHX

Jrue Holiday, T. Jones, Cunningham pick to SA

Knight, Bender, Chriss to Pelicans

( Pels get Knight on a fair deal 12 mi next 4 yrs vs. paying 22+ mil for Jrue and get Bender as a nice prospect to grow w/ Anthony Davis at the 5.)

Then I'd turn around trade Mills for a late 1st to a contender out East (Hawks?) ( Jrue would start at PG, Parker would be back up -- no room for Mills).
    Knight actually makes 14m/year in avg and let's be honest here : He sucks. Smalish 6'2 SG with a a Iverson mentality but only 10% of the talent.

If i'm NOLA, I'd rather keep Jrue in a 22m/year contract. NOLA looks much better with him back and he is only 26 y/o. That contract won't bite them in the ass in the future.

I see PHX as a trade parnet for Aldridge as they wanted him badly in the FA and almost got him, but it would have to be a straight up deal, without a 3rd partner.

Thread Information