adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    How many coaches earned their rings through solid coaching, and how many just fell assbackwards into it due to inheriting a stacked team?

2016: Lue - No
    2015: Kerr - Yes, inserting David Lee was a brilliant move in the Finals.
    2014: Popovich - Yes
    2013: Spoelstra - No
    2012: Spoelstra - No
    2011: Carlisle - Yes, maybe the greatest coaching performance of all time
    2010: Jackson - No
    2009: Jackson - No
    2008: Rivers - No
    2007: Popovich - No
    2006: Riley - Yes
    2005: Popovich - Yes
    2004: Brown - Yes
    2003: Popovich - No
    2002: Jackson - No
    2001: Jackson - No
    2000: Jackson - No
    1999: Popovich - Yes
    1998: Jackson - No
    1997: Jackson - No
    1996: Jackson - No
    1995: Tomjanovich - No
    1994: Tomjanovich - Yes
    1993: Jackson - No
    1992: Jackson - No
    1991: Jackson - No
    1990: Daly - Yes

And I'm bored of this. Someone else can keep going if so inclined.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    todays mono

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    One.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Carlisle, L. Brown, 1st 3 Peat Jackson, Lebron in 2016.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jackson didnt earn any of his wins.

Pop only deserves credit for 2014..Duncan and Ginobili carried his weak ass coaching in 05 and 07 and TD was unstoppable in 03..

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    and you were done.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    and you were done.
    Kobe: 5

Kirk: One

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys are seriously under estimate KFC's ability to control cancer. Dude should get a Nobel prize for it.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Kobe: 5

Kirk: One
    yes, the One that ended It.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Kerr didn't earn . He'd still be ringless as a coach if Kyrie and Love were healthy in 2015.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kerr didn't earn . He'd still be ringless as a coach if Kyrie and Love were healthy in 2015.
    He's white, so he's made out to be a genius though; that's how it works. If Mitc were still coaching the Timberwolves and they were getting butchered in 3rd quarters (right after halftime adjustments) and destroyed on defense, he'd be getting killed, but it's Thibodeau, so it's the players fault.

Lue definitely earned his. Coaching is not strictly about X's and O's wizardry (not that he's bad in this regard) or overachieving with inferior talent and you're not automatically less of a coach if you have the best player (people never pull this in football and last time I checked, the top few quarterbacks win most Super Bowls). That team clearly despised Blatt and had chemistry issues, both of which dissipated with Lue's hiring and Frye acquisition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steve wins the better than Mark Jackson award which is one tier below better than Kurt Rambis award.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's white, so he's made out to be a genius though; that's how it works. If Mitc were still coaching the Timberwolves and they were getting butchered in 3rd quarters (right after halftime adjustments) and destroyed on defense, he'd be getting killed, but it's Thibodeau, so it's the players fault.

Lue definitely earned his. Coaching is not strictly about X's and O's wizardry (not that he's bad in this regard) or overachieving with inferior talent and you're not automatically less of a coach if you have the best player (people never pull this in football and last time I checked, the top few quarterbacks win most Super Bowls). That team clearly despised Blatt and had chemistry issues, both of which dissipated with Lue's hiring and Frye acquisition.
    No Lue did not earn his. He basically got a free pass to the finals and then all he had to do was wait for Andrew Bogut to go down and for Draymond booger eater Green to up and miss a game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jackson didnt earn any of his wins.

Pop only deserves credit for 2014..Duncan and Ginobili carried his weak ass coaching in 05 and 07 and TD was unstoppable in 03..
    It's unfair to judge a coach just based on their playoff performance. Win the ring or not.

The entire season is a long experiment and there are a lot of mental games between the player and the coach.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No Lue did not earn his. He basically got a free pass to the finals and then all he had to do was wait for Andrew Bogut to go down and for Draymond booger eater Green to up and miss a game.
    I'm not saying some legendary performance was required or that only a few could have done it, but everyone needs some luck to win a championship and even with that, they were too fractured a team with Blatt to think that they'd have pulled off what they did.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not saying some legendary performance was required or that only a few could have done it, but everyone needs some luck to win a championship and even with that, they were too fractured a team with Blatt to think that they'd have pulled off what they did.
    Fractured my ass. They made the Finals in Blatt's first year, and would have made it again even if Bozo the ing Clown was coaching.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fractured my ass. They made the Finals in Blatt's first year, and would have made it again even if Bozo the ing Clown was coaching.
    I meant in the Finals, genius.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I meant in the Finals, genius.
    Then it makes no sense. They didn't pull anything off with Blatt in the Finals.

Thread Information