My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Kawhi needs to stop with all the jumpers and drive to the rim. Draw more fouls again. Start backing down mismatches instead of pump faking then shooting 18 footers. His game has been terrible so far in the past 3-4 games. And it's not like his defense has been great either, nor his rebounding, nor his passing. And I want to make it clear I'm a huge Kawhi fan.

2. LaMarcus Aldridge needs to go into the post more too. Just like Kawhi, use your mismatches more. Since Pau is being guarded by the bigger centers, take advantage of the 6'8" stretch 4's trying to guard you in the post, man.

3. Patty is our best player so far. His shot is back to where it was in 2014, and then some. Guy is balling.

4. Danny Green has gotten a lot better on offense overall. He is no longer a liability when he puts the ball on the deck.

5. The starting line up needs to change. I'm not sure how or what will work, but the defense is non existent and the offense is stagnant to start games. That's why the team has to keep making these late game comebacks. If they brought Pau off the bench that may help, as Dedmon would bolster the interior D. But I don't see that happening any time soon.

Tell me y'alls thoughts. I believe my points are reasonable but please, if you disagree, explain

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got to say you have no idea about number 4. He is still the s at dribbling and shooting of the dribble. Can't make layups.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got to say you have no idea about number 4. He is still the s at dribbling and shooting of the dribble. Can't make layups.
    Well compared to seasons past, especially last season, I don't have a panic attack every time he dribbles now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with #5. We need to get Dedmon more involved. Our rim protection is .

Getting another PG would be nice, too. Murray isn't ready and Nico makes me cringe at times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1,2,4; yes

3; Little bit of exaggeration but I know what you mean.

5; Dedmon has seemed to be better about fouling so the change could work, but we would lose a lot of passing without Pau. Not sure it would be an improvement and there would be significant growing pains.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have some very good points and I agree with each.

Patty unfortunately a liability on D... but he's been so explosive that he more than makes up for it.

5. Agree with Janitor. Problem is neither Kawhi nor LmA are above average passers.. the SL already struggles offensively even with Pau's bbiq.. but I still don't like Pau and LMA together on defense...

I M Ultimate Badass Quadzilla99's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #3 is hilariously inaccurate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -Danny is still a turnover waiting to happen when he drives.

-Manu is playing good but still relying too much on him at 39 when Bertans needs to get incorporated NOW. Why is he still sitting out games?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -Aldridge needs to assert himself on this team. Stop "waiting" for it to come to him. And I don't mean 18ft fadeaways.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pau and LMA need to be split up. LMA/Dedmon to start, Pau with Lee/Bertans with the 2nd crew.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I cringe when Green puts the ball on the floor and I scream and pull hair out when he tries to pass off the dribble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love to see the D with dedmon starting. And every game kawhi just takes what the defense gives him he's great and efficienct. I will say though after the first couple games the guy can't get a call.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TD needs to be on bench in some capacity. I can't remember the last time was this disinterested in the regular season. I'm still adjusting, hopefully that changes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I cringe when Green puts the ball on the floor and I scream and pull hair out when he tries to pass off the dribble.
    Or attempts any shot within 5 feet of the hoop. He is terrible

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TD needs to be on bench in some capacity. I can't remember the last time was this disinterested in the regular season. I'm still adjusting, hopefully that changes.
    That's what you get when your old vet leader is Tony Parker, who could give a about rallying the team or other players success.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Kawhi needs to stop with all the jumpers and drive to the rim. Draw more fouls again.
    He's not getting the calls.

Tonight he was fouled by Gortat when they were 100-98...And he was fouled in the last play of the Houston game at home like the NBA report said.

His game has been terrible so far in the past 3-4 games
    Without this game, Kawhi's last 4 games include the game in Boston, 25 pts 10 rebs 4 asts. Also, I'd say that Kawhi and Patty were the main reasons why the Spurs won in Dallas.

So if the best player on the team had 2 bad games in a row and the team still won one of them, it's not a big deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're acting like TD left you with the Mavs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #3 is hilariously inaccurate
    If we had Patty of last year, we would be .500 right now. The bench relies on his energy and scoring. He is the x factor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm concerned most with the defense of our SL. I'm sure Pop is addressing this. Gortat got way too many boards because no one was boxing him out. We did a much better job the second half. Need that for 48 minutes. The 3rd quarter we woke up a bit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I've seen since he's came back, he's been better on drives in the sense that they don't look quite as reckless. I agree with his passing, in the Washington game he had at least three bad passes. I do like Green posting up LMA and being able to catch and shoot when his man tries to duck in and double. It can be hard to guard; either let LMA go one on one or have Green's man provide help but risk giving him an open 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pau needs to play more minutes with Manu and Patty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Kawhi needs to stop with all the jumpers and drive to the rim. Draw more fouls again.
    #saveitfortheplayoffs
    #dontgetinjured

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I've seen since he's came back, he's been better on drives in the sense that they don't look quite as reckless. I agree with his passing, in the Washington game he had at least three bad passes. I do like Green posting up LMA and being able to catch and shoot when his man tries to duck in and double. It can be hard to guard; either let LMA go one on one or have Green's man provide help but risk giving him an open 3.
    Spurs have scored on 57% of his drives, compared to 32%, last year..tiny sample size(only 14 drives) that will naturally regress, but I suppose it's possible that there has been improvement there..

Thread Information