Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not on D tonight. If they weren't giving up lay ups they were fouling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought they got burned in penetration tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol LMA/Gasol pairing is unplayable against small ball and PNR spamming teams; one of the major culprit of these slow starts..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    End of the day, they outscored Washington's frontline by 11. LMA outscored his matchup, Kawhi outscored his matchup, and Gasol kept pace with Gortat. D-League got torched and scored a huge 3 points on 4 shots, but his performance will probably somehow be blamed on LMA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol LMA/Gasol pairing is unplayable against small ball and PNR spamming teams; one of the major culprit of these slow starts..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans didnt play at all today. Not really complaining since Deadmon was going to eat his minutes away but it must be frustrating for a player to play so good in consecutive games and possibly be the 4th best player in that eastern conference road trip only to be releaged to DNPs.

pop will probably lower his value until he's a FA so they can sign for cheap.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    It pretty obvious Pau can have his way against backup bigs on the offensive end & Softridge checks out if he isn't getting touches so it's only right that Pau either comes off the bench or gets an early hook (if his ego can't handle coming off the bench) then plays most of his minutes w/ the bench crew.

Softridge can play the entire 1st quarter while Pau gets subbed out at the 6 minute mark when Manu checks-in. Rinse & repeat in the 2nd/3rd. As far as the 4th quarter, Softridge is going to close but Pop can pick & choose from Pau/Dedmon/Lee/Bertans.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Bertans didnt play at all today. Not really complaining since Deadmon was going to eat his minutes away but it must be frustrating for a player to play so good in consecutive games and possibly be the 4th best player in that eastern conference road trip only to be releaged to DNPs.

pop will probably lower his value until he's a FA so they can sign for cheap.
    Seems like Pop is going to use him when the team is struggling to score similar to how Bonner would randomly check-in after not playing for a week.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I realize our front line has issues, but they are nowhere near as severe as our backcourt issues sans Patty. Even the smallball problem can mitigated somewhat by staggering Lee, Gasol, and Bertans (when he gets to play). Gasol acting soft and need a bruiser? Send in Dedmon. Need a small ball 4? You can have Kawhi play it or Lee or Bertans. Our frontline is pretty versatile aside from the backup SF issue.

Our guard rotation is absolutely shot to .

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    And I realize our front line has issues, but they are nowhere near as severe as our backcourt issues sans Patty. Even the smallball problem can mitigated somewhat by staggering Lee, Gasol, and Bertans (when he gets to play). Gasol acting soft and need a bruiser? Send in Dedmon. Need a small ball 4? You can have Kawhi play it or Lee or Bertans. Our frontline is pretty versatile aside from the backup SF issue.

Our guard rotation is absolutely shot to .
    That's why either GaSoft or Softridge have to be moved for a LEGIT starting PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The bigs missing their freebies is a big reason it was a close game. The rim protection was also pretty ty outside the third.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol doesn't even try to play defense if it requires him to move his feet. That guy may be the most immobile big man I've seen on a Spurs roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol doesn't even try to play defense if it requires him to move his feet. That guy may be the most immobile big man I've seen on a Spurs roster.
    Yep, Gasol was awful unless he was at the rim. He can't remain in the SL if he keeps this up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a frontcourt-heavy team, to be sure. They'll have to drag the backcourt kicking and screaming to whatever success the team has.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's why either GaSoft or Softridge have to be moved for a LEGIT starting PG.
    This team is unbalanced af with the 3 main scorers in the SL being froncourt players. And Parker and Gasol together in the SL is too much to cover on D.

Pop wants to prove HE can win with this type of game and sure, he will win games in the regular season but not in playoffs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The frontcourt(Aldridge-Gasol) is very good from an individual player standpoint..unfortunately, those 2 players haven't been able to play well together and the team has suffered whenever they share the floor..

Pretty big deal when they're 2/3 of your "big 3"
    Last edited by HarlemHeat37; 12-03-2016 at 05:07 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best forwards in the league and it's not even close tbh..

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    The frontcourt(Aldridge-Gasol) is very good from an individual player standpoint..unfortunately, those 2 players haven't been able to play well together and the team has suffered whenever they share the floor..

Pretty big deal when they're 2/3 of your "big 3"
    Dwert/Pau had the same issue b/c Pau couldn't guard 4s & didn't have space to post-up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's still early, but the defensive fall-off from Tim to Gasol has been pretty evident, tbh..small sample size, so it could still be corrected with chemistry and continuity, but still, it's not surprising that the Spurs are currently 13th in defense..

Post-up
    Duncan: 107 instances, 0.7 PPP
    Gasol: 16 instances, 0.89 PPP

Roll man
    Duncan: 47 instances, 0.72 PPP
    Gasol: 10 instances, 1 PPP

ISO
    Duncan: 47 instances, 0.6 PPP
    Gasol: 23 instances, 0.91 PPP

Again, tiny sample size, but part of the reason the defense is currently struggling..plenty of time to turn it around with chemistry, though..

Makes you appreciate how much of a monster Tim still was until his knees died, tbh..

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    It's still early, but the defensive fall-off from Tim to Gasol has been pretty evident, tbh..small sample size, so it could still be corrected with chemistry and continuity, but still, it's not surprising that the Spurs are currently 13th in defense..

Post-up

Roll man

ISO

Again, tiny sample size, but part of the reason the defense is currently struggling..plenty of time to turn it around with chemistry, though..

Makes you appreciate how much of a monster Tim still was until his knees died, tbh..
    Dedmon allows the lowest FG% at the rim, meanwhile Pau has the same rim protection stats as Kanter.: http://stats.nba.com/defensivehub/#!...ayerPosition=C

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Post-up

Roll man

ISO

small
    sample size but if you watch the games you know he doesn't pass the eye test.

The first few games of the season all their problems were blamed on Kyle TBH... every single problem was blamed on him! His fault... I didn't think so.. in fact I thought he tried to cover for as much as he could on help defense... but I am a fangirl so whatever.

Danny has given them a boost, but when your problem is Pau looking like a statue (and by God, sometimes he doesn't even jump or move sideways for a rebound...) well you know this problem is for real.

One of the reasons I think they are pretenders is Pau, who I think will even struggle to stay on the floor at times in the playoffs, along with 39 year old Manu being their best playmaker and I am counting on his usage going down in the playoffs and for him to look his age, and for Tony to be no better than the past couple of seasons and I do hope he's not as brittle as he started this season already.

Defense is staying bad unless Pop tweaks lineups.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    <3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prop to Pau for playing tough down low to prevent the game from getting away.

And surprisingly, props to Aldridge for fighting for them boards in crunch time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And Merry Christmas to everyone!

Thread Information