MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 years too late.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gambit1990 has moved on to something more serious..U got a sex tape of Rachel Nichols and you blackmailed her into passing this segment ?

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    15 years too late.
    FIFY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shoulda wouldnt coulda

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd actually trade negative value to get rid of Tony. I'd cut him and send Danny Green with him in a trade if we have to. He's costing us wins and his sexual antics are destroying his teammates' families. Why do you think Timmy retired?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea, cause we've looked amazing with TP out. Smh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny. Just watched 2003 and 2005 championship DVDs, and while Tony had some ups and downs in those runs, he was integral no doubt in the Spurs winning those les. In his prime, he was a beast. He's not in his prime, but he's the best point guard on the roster and there isn't a free agent out there that can replace him, so it's pointless to say he should be dropped.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have moved on - he's the fifth scorer on the team. Obviously not his role anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea, cause we've looked amazing with TP out. Smh
    Patty is not the answer at the starting 1G that is for sure. I am not so sure the answer is on the team or ready yet (Murray?).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're ed tbh! I'm not a Parker fan myself, but without him..... We look like . The bench will be ed when Manu retires an Patty cost to much money to retain.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny. Just watched 2003 and 2005 championship DVDs, and while Tony had some ups and downs in those runs, he was integral no doubt in the Spurs winning those les. In his prime, he was a beast. He's not in his prime, but he's the best point guard on the roster and there isn't a free agent out there that can replace him, so it's pointless to say he should be dropped.
    Yup. Until a viable replacement comes along, I'm happy he stays. Patty can't run the point, he's a mini shooting guard (saying that with the understanding he's having a terrific season).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty is not the answer at the starting 1G that is for sure. I am not so sure the answer is on the team or ready yet (Murray?).
    I don't think there's an answer either. I think Pop will just have to give him time off each month to keep him fresh. He played great after his 2 week break last month.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Gambit1990 has moved on to something more serious..U got a sex tape of Rachel Nichols and you blackmailed her into passing this segment ?

that segment made me sad tbh. cause according to pj, pop told him in private that he thinks parker has been doing great this year

parker over the last four games: shooting 38% from the field, averaging 3.3 assists and 2.5 turnovers in over 27 minutes a game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    11 and 4 aren't awful #'s for what we need out of Parker. It's just unfortunate that we've never developed him into a halfway decent shooter. If he could hit the midrange jumper consistently and be able to knock down the open 3 consistently I think he'd still be a positive asset at point guard.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    if pop insists on playing parker as many minutes as he has been... you can beat the spurs the way orlando did. just attack parker on defense.

great recognition by vogel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

that segment made me sad tbh. cause according to pj, pop told him in private that he thinks parker has been doing great this year

parker over the last four games: shooting 38% from the field, averaging 3.3 assists and 2.5 turnovers in over 27 minutes a game
    Pop is a savant. He knows PJ will comment about it publicly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think there's an answer either. I think Pop will just have to give him time off each month to keep him fresh. He played great after his 2 week break last month.
    Yeah he did, unfortunately he played all summer again and needs more breaks this year because of that mileage. Tony is nearly done in the league because his game relied on speed, no answer on the team at PG in the immediate future.
    11 and 4 aren't awful #'s for what we need out of Parker. It's just unfortunate that we've never developed him into a halfway decent shooter. If he could hit the midrange jumper consistently and be able to knock down the open 3 consistently I think he'd still be a positive asset at point guard.
    His penetration used to set up that mid range game in his prime and he would hit that mid range more often, now he can't seem to do either since he lost his speed and lift He is pretty much just a decoy out there at times nowadays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't have called him a "beast" because to me that implies a physicality that I wouldn't attach to Tony. In my mind he was a blur, probably the most talented player with that kind of speed that I ever saw. PLUS he was unorthodox - routinely going up for layups off the "wrong" foot, for example - which gave him an inside game that greatly exceeded expectations for a player of his height. Frankly, I don't remember how many guys used the teardrop as a regular part of their game - maybe AI? However I think Tony popularized/legitimized the shot. Tony was super fast and unorthodox. AND his prime coincided with the prime of Manu, who was left-handed AND unorthodox AND had an uncanny knack for getting to the free-throw line. That was a HOF 1-2 punch.

There is not a current Spur or FA that will replace Tony. Nor do I see a veteran who is young/skilled enough that I would be willing to meet the (likely) trade demands of his current team. Frankly, the best scenarios are to trade LMA or Pau (LMA's contract is obviously worth more) which is very unlikely, or to trade for a 2nd stringer with untapped talent the Spurs's staff could maximize.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't have called him a "beast" because to me that implies a physicality that I wouldn't attach to Tony. In my mind he was a blur, probably the most talented player with that kind of speed that I ever saw. PLUS he was unorthodox - routinely going up for layups off the "wrong" foot, for example - which gave him an inside game that greatly exceeded expectations for a player of his height. Frankly, I don't remember how many guys used the teardrop as a regular part of their game - maybe AI? However I think Tony popularized/legitimized the shot. Tony was super fast and unorthodox. AND his prime coincided with the prime of Manu, who was left-handed AND unorthodox AND had an uncanny knack for getting to the free-throw line. That was a HOF 1-2 punch.

There is not a current Spur or FA that will replace Tony. Nor do I see a veteran who is young/skilled enough that I would be willing to meet the (likely) trade demands of his current team. Frankly, the best scenarios are to trade LMA or Pau (LMA's contract is obviously worth more) which is very unlikely, or to trade for a 2nd stringer with untapped talent the Spurs's staff could maximize.
    GOD how I miss that floater in the lane too that used to be automatic for a few years Damn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GOD how I miss that floater in the lane too that used to be automatic for a few years Damn.
    Yep. Seriously, wasn't Tony one of the first to really legitimize the floater and/or the teardrop?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Yep. And now he's completely lost it. He's made less than a handful this year. I can only remember two times it went in off the top of my head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Yep. And now he's completely lost it. He's made less than a handful this year. I can only remember two times it went in off the top of my head.
    In his prime, Tony was fearless, routinely sacrificing his body on those super-fast, kamikaze drives for lay-ups. Then a little change-of-pace teardrop. Then a little jump-stop-and-pivot floater. In his prime Tony was truly a magician in the paint. Then he evolved into a guy who had a midrange game that didn't make me cringe. And even a decent 3-ball for a couple of seasons. This season he is struggling to find a game that his body will permit him to play and also provides what the team needs. With all of his DNP-injury games it is tough to figure how much his struggles are physical and how much they are due to adjusting. He is clearly not the player he once was, but the team clearly runs more smoothly when Tony is at the helm.
    Last edited by sasaint; 12-04-2016 at 07:57 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He did develop the midrange and was very good at it. The corner 3 he is very consistent at too.

The mid range def needs work, and more times than not it seems due to tired legs, but he def did develop into a v3ry good mid range shooter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That we never developed him into a halfway decent shooter? You mean that his lazy ass didn't work hard enough to become one. I guarantee you the Spurs gave Enrique's shooting the same attention they gave to Kawhi's when he came into the league with a broke shot. Difference is Kawhi kept working while Rique was too busy breaking up teammate's families.

Thread Information