Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Put Klay on the Spurs and he wouldn't be able to do the things that Kawhi does, but it's the same vice verse. Both of their respective teams play to their strengths.I would take Kawhi for the Spurs 10/10, and I would take Klay for the Warriors 10/10. Doesn't take anything away from either player imo
    Kawhi would beast on the Klay role. That's basically how he got finals MVP in '14. If Kawhi shoots 40% on 3 as the main guy, imagine how much he would shoot getting open looks on the Warriors.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Kawhi would beast on the Klay role. That's basically how he got finals MVP in '14. If Kawhi shoots 40% on 3 as the main guy, imagine how much he would shoot getting open looks on the Warriors.
    Not to mention Klay can't guard LeBron even for one possession.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The single game anecdotal evidence crew is in full swing along with the obligatory strawman that someone said Klay was a better player than Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The single game anecdotal evidence crew is in full swing along with the obligatory strawman that someone said Klay was a better player than Kawhi.
    Dude you're a fatass. You've lost the plot a long time ago.

Of course, I have a better diet..Did you not see me only eat 1500 calories in Oct 15, but DMC consumes 4000 calories on average though....You eat 2400 calories everyday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude you're a fatass. You've lost the plot a long time ago.

Of course, I have a better diet..Did you not see me only eat 1500 calories in Oct 15, but DMC consumes 4000 calories on average though....You eat 2400 calories everyday.
    You're an immigrant, lucky to get anything at all to eat.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Put Klay on the Spurs and he wouldn't be able to do the things that Kawhi does, but it's the same vice verse. Both of their respective teams play to their strengths.I would take Kawhi for the Spurs 10/10, and I would take Klay for the Warriors 10/10. Doesn't take anything away from either player imo
    Are you saying the Warriors wouldn't take Kawhi if offered up in a trade? I'm pretty sure they'll send Thompson packing immediately. I wonder who they'd be willing to trade if he was offered straight up.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Are you saying the Warriors wouldn't take Kawhi if offered up in a trade? I'm pretty sure they'll send Thompson packing immediately. I wonder who they'd be willing to trade if he was offered straight up.
    Why would they? They need interior defense.
    Last edited by djohn2oo8; 12-11-2016 at 12:45 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They didn't need KD, but they gave up tons of for him. So yes, they probably would take Kawhi just off the fact that he's a top 10 player, but it would not be worthwhile for them, imo. Their interior defense would still be trash, and Kawhi isn't the shooter Klay is.

Klay fits their system better, I don't see why SF can't accept that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi would do fine there, I'm sure, but a Kawhi open three, is not a Klay open three.

Not to mention Klay can't guard LeBron even for one possession.
    Klay isn't needed to guard LeBron, that's why they have KD, Dray, and Iggy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi would do fine there, I'm sure, but a Kawhi open three, is not a Klay open three.

But there's something to be said for Lebron not having the luxury of switching his defender for a mismatch. Switch from Iggy to Kawhi? Switch from Kawhi to Draymond? Draymond to KD? None of those would be desirable for Lebron.

You take Kawhi over Thompson no questions asked. Kawhi can carry you on offense if needed (wouldn't be needed) but Thompson cannot carry you on defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would they? They need interior defense.
    Something that trading Klay for Kawhi would increase dramatically. Yeah, Kawhi isn't Gobbert or DeAndre Jordan, but he's on that Lebron, Durant, greak freak mold of small forwards that more than held their own when challenging shots at the rim or battling for rebounds.

There's virtually no aspect of the game in which Thompson is clearly better than Kawhi (other than a quick release) for anybody with a brain to prefer to have Klay instead of Leonard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But there's something to be said for Lebron not having the luxury of switching his defender for a mismatch. Switch from Iggy to Kawhi? Switch from Kawhi to Draymond? Draymond to KD? None of those would be desirable for Lebron.

You take Kawhi over Thompson no questions asked. Kawhi can carry you on offense if needed (wouldn't be needed) but Thompson cannot carry you on defense.
    Meh,but is it necessary?

They did a fine job defending him in 2015, and were containing him(as well as you can contain him) in 2016 until Bogut went down. Would having Kawhi instead of Klay those last three games without Bogut, possibly have saved them? Maybe. But their perimeter isn't their weakness, it's their interior defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They didn't need KD, but they gave up tons of for him. So yes, they probably would take Kawhi just off the fact that he's a top 10 player, but it would not be worthwhile for them, imo. Their interior defense would still be trash, and Kawhi isn't the shooter Klay is.

Klay fits their system better, I don't see why SF can't accept that
    Why wouldn't be "worthwhile" if we are talking about a ing straight up trade?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why wouldn't be "worthwhile" if we are talking about a ing straight up trade?
    Because the Dubs don't need another ball handler or defender. What they need from Klay, he does at an elite level, and you'd be hard pressed to find anyone in the league who could fill Klay's role on the Warriors better. It's not a slight to Kawhi, who I've said is the better overall player..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh,but is it necessary?

They did a fine job defending him in 2015, and were containing him(as well as you can contain him) in 2016 until Bogut went down. Would having Kawhi instead of Klay those last three games without Bogut, possibly have saved them? Maybe. But their perimeter isn't their weakness, it's their interior defense.
    They are weaker overall on defense than on offense. Cleveland doesn't have anyone that needs to be defended in the post, only guys who can get past the perimeter defenders.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Yeah they didn't need Klay to guard LeBron when Iggy was writhing in pain after his back went out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah they didn't need Klay to guard LeBron when Iggy was writhing in pain after his back went out.
    Injuries happen

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Injuries happen
    Which is when teammates are supposed to take on more responsibilities especially so-called "superstars".

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Something that trading Klay for Kawhi would increase dramatically. Yeah, Kawhi isn't Gobbert or DeAndre Jordan, but he's on that Lebron, Durant, greak freak mold of small forwards that more than held their own when challenging shots at the rim or battling for rebounds.

There's virtually no aspect of the game in which Thompson is clearly better than Kawhi (other than a quick release) for anybody with a brain to prefer to have Klay instead of Leonard.
    Thats where some of you Spurfans are so sensitive. Did anyone say Klay was the better player? Klay is the better OFFENSIVE player. Thats not a slight. Thats just the truth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are weaker overall on defense than on offense. Cleveland doesn't have anyone that needs to be defended in the post, only guys who can get past the perimeter defenders.
    Yeah, they're weaker on defense, but their perimeter defense isn't their weakness on defense. By interior defense, I meant they need a shot blocker like they had with bogut. You can put any defender(Kawhi, Iggy, PG24, etc) on LeBron(or Kyrie, KD, Westbrook, Harden, any good wing scorer etc) and he'll get by them, whether by force or with a pick n roll. Dubs don't need a post defender, they need a shot blocker. Kawhi won't fix that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats where some of you Spurfans are so sensitive. Did anyone say Klay was the better player? Klay is the better OFFENSIVE player. Thats not a slight. Thats just the truth.
    They're delusional. To them, saying Klaybis a better fit for the warriors = Klay is better thank Kawhi, even if you state otherwise

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he scored 60 in 29 mins though

that alone makes him a better offensive player than Kawhi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    he scored 60 in 29 mins though

that alone makes him a better offensive player than Kawhi
    lol sensitive...Does Kawhi have the ability to score 37 in a quarter?

Thread Information