Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes but at the same time... he doesnt have TD anymore (Pop covers his ass)
    Pop "retired" when Duncan retired.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't really have a problem with anybody that stopped caring as much following the 2014 le, tbh..it was the perfect ending to the Duncan era..some of the best and most dominant basketball ever played, the best chemistry you'll ever see on an NBA court..

As a fan, I definitely don't care as much since that run, and I've heard many people here echo that

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I don't have a problem with him not caring as much..it's not like the Spurs could ever find a better alternative, tbh..he's been overrated as a coach the past few years(still the GOAT, though), but he's still in the top tier..

I have no doubt that he doesn't care as much as he used to, though..the comments he's made the past few years are indicative of that IMO..he never used to behave that way in the past, unless people believe he's a huge attention that just says things to play up to a shtick..
    The Spurs could never find a better coaching alternative to one that doesn't care? When you get to the point where you no longer care, it's time to step away.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs could never find a better coaching alternative to one that doesn't care? When you get to the point where you no longer care, it's time to step away.
    Care as much as before..

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... well I can just see the young Pop players hearing this and thinking: "Well, winning a championship is not a priority in my basketball career. For Pop, basketball isn't everything. I am going to be a whole person with good values, thus happy... and if we lose, we lose. I am still happy"

Oh you just know Pop is telling the players they are good folks so 35 pts in a half is just beautiful stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we've all known this since 2014, tbh

Pop is a cultured, intelligent man..there's only so long you can expect him to care passionately about a game..
    He is not intelligent with his politically views

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perspective : he is talking to students
    This!

You're a bunch of idiots who can't appreciate the luxury of having this unique guy coaching the team we love for so long...

Pop is the GOAT

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only a modern-day, bandwagon fan would want the greatest coach in franchise history (and top 5 all-time) fired. Even if meant or agreed in jest.

the annoying, cry baby fans that take every turn to disrespect Pop, Tony, Timmy, Kawhi, Manu or anyone else.

Can't wait to see what they say once this team is middle of the pack and the lead coaching position is a turnstile.
    Last edited by J_Paco; 12-06-2016 at 12:46 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only a modern-day, bandwagon fan would want the greatest coach in franchise history (and top 5 all-time) fired. Even if meant or agreed in jest.

the annoying, cry baby fans that take every turn to disrespect Pop, Tony, Timmy, Kawhi, Manu or anyone else.

Can't wait to see what they say once this team is middle of the pack and the lead coach is a turnstile.
    You need to chill out and have some sense of humor man.
    Can't come in this forum and be this sensitive ...

Aggieland Spurs Fan LoneStarState'sPride's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're correct, but I see pussies up in here day in and day out posting away.

Your pussy (ironically and commendably) notwithstanding.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not being "sensitive," just find it annoying that people outside the organization think they can psycho analyze these men at every step.

"Tony/Manu hate each other, Tony resents Kawhi, LaMarcus hates his teammates and Pop doesn't care anymore" are just some of the repe ive drivel around here.

I doubt Pop would be out there coaching, away from his family, travelling non-stop, still if he didn't care. Especially at his advanced age when most individuals in the States are enjoying retirement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again this town hall was not about basketball, but about making the world a better place. He was conveying to a kid that their lives and the lives of his players are more important than simply winning basketball games. He was very articulate. "We need more attention to healing the atmosphere for a lot of minority groups, whether it's racial or things that have been said about women and handicapped people or any such talk..." Pop invited Dr. Cornel West to empower these kids. I don't think it's a reflection either way on his passion for winning games.

He gets paid the big bucks because his team is the most winning team of all team sports for the last 19 years. That is ing amazing- hockey, football, soccer, baseball, basketball- the Spurs are the most winning team in all of them. I believe Pop is the greatest leader and coach in the NBA and it's no accident he's been chosen to coach our national team. Right on Pop!!

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop the philosopher. Still but hurt that Hillary didn't win. Here is
    some of the dribble from Pop:“Win the championship? I don’t know, but it’s not a priority in my life.
    I’d be much happier if I knew that my players were going to make society better".
    Does Pop have a fallout shelter in the Dominion or a
    survival house in New Zealand?
    Who is Pop now? Phill Jackson

https://www.thenation.com/article/so...d-cornel-west/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again this town hall was not about basketball, but about making the world a better place. He was conveying to a kid that their lives and the lives of his players are more important than simply winning basketball games. He was very articulate. "We need more attention to healing the atmosphere for a lot of minority groups, whether it's racial or things that have been said about women and handicapped people or any such talk..." Pop invited Dr. Cornel West to empower these kids. I don't think it's a reflection either way on his passion for winning games.

He gets paid the big bucks because his team is the most winning team of all team sports for the last 19 years. I believe Pop is the greatest leader and coach in the NBA and it's no accident he's been chosen to coach our national team. Right on Pop!!
    You can't argue with a fool, you'll only be dragged down to their level. Many of the posters didn't even bother reading the article, and it is quite apparent. That quote by Pop was one of the greatest quotes I've ever read by a coach, and to do it improv just shows how great of a man he is naturally. He mentioned how hard they will fight to win a championship and it's their focus when its basketball focus, but life focus, there is so much than throwing a ball into a hoop for imaginary points.

Pop is easily the best coach, and people of this forum who have all been convinced their opinions are much more vital to the existence of man than they really are, are beyond spoiled to believe otherwise. A question often asked is, who do you replace Pop with if he's gone? No one ever has a legitimate answer to that, becuase you cant. He's as much to the franchise as Tim Duncan was, and his impact now goes beyond Duncan.

A great quote, and another reason to believe in this team, as he definitely understands the aspect of compe ive sports that must respect the outside world it caters to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop the philosopher. Still but hurt that Hillary didn't win. Here is
    some of the dribble from Pop:“Win the championship? I don’t know, but it’s not a priority in my life.
    I’d be much happier if I knew that my players were going to make society better".
    Does Pop have a fallout shelter in the Dominion or a
    survival house in New Zealand?
    Who is Pop now? Phil Jackson

https://www.thenation.com/article/so...d-cornel-west/

If you think making "society better" is "dribble" then you are exactly the person he is talking about. He is trying to encourage the children to be less like you. Maybe English is your second language, but your comments on their very positive town hall with the kids is pretty incoherent. How does Pop resemble Phil Jackson in any of his statements and pro-children initiatives? Yes he was succinctly referring to Trump's disturbing comments about minorities, women, and the disabled. He's been very clear that he find that rhetoric reprehensible- as it is. Are you from Germany? You are thankfully in the minority there if so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't argue with a fool, you'll only be dragged down to their level. Many of the posters didn't even bother reading the article, and it is quite apparent. That quote by Pop was one of the greatest quotes I've ever read by a coach, and to do it improv just shows how great of a man he is naturally. He mentioned how hard they will fight to win a championship and it's their focus when its basketball focus, but life focus, there is so much than throwing a ball into a hoop for imaginary points.

Pop is easily the best coach, and people of this forum who have all been convinced their opinions are much more vital to the existence of man than they really are, are beyond spoiled to believe otherwise. A question often asked is, who do you replace Pop with if he's gone? No one ever has a legitimate answer to that, becuase you cant. He's as much to the franchise as Tim Duncan was, and his impact now goes beyond Duncan.

A great quote, and another reason to believe in this team, as he definitely understands the aspect of compe ive sports that must respect the outside world it caters to.
    Exactly! A great and inspiring quote! It makes me proud to be a Spurs fan knowing his and the team's intolerance for racist and misogynistic rhetoric. It does indeed speak to a broader audience than rural America. Great post!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you think making "society better" is "dribble" then you are exactly the person he is talking about. He is trying to encourage the children to be less like you. Maybe English is your second language, but your comments on their very positive town hall with the kids is pretty incoherent. How does Pop resemble Phil Jackson in any of his statements and pro-children initiatives? Yes he was succinctly referring to Trump's disturbing comments about minorities, women, and the disabled. He's been very clear that he find that rhetoric reprehensible- as it is. Are you from Germany? You are thankfully in the minority there if so.
    This

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Why is Pop lecturing people about social justice when he's a racist?

The right answer to that question would have been telling those kids that he strives for excellence in his job (which in his case means winning championships) and that when they get jobs, they should strive for excellence too. Instead, the highest-paid coach in the NBA (shouldn't this hypocrite be redistributing all his wealth, BTW?) told the world how little he cares about his job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not being "sensitive," just find it annoying that people outside the organization think they can psycho analyze these men at every step.

"Tony/Manu hate each other, Tony resents Kawhi, LaMarcus hates his teammates and Pop doesn't care anymore" are just some of the repe ive drivel around here.

I doubt Pop would be out there coaching, away from his family, travelling non-stop, still if he didn't care. Especially at his advanced age when most individuals in the States are enjoying retirement.
    Exactly.

Pop also has a wife who has been sick before.

And for Christ sakes, Pop was addressing kid(s)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The right answer to that question would have been telling those kids that he strives for excellence in his job (which in his case means winning championships) and that when they get jobs, they should strive for excellence too. Instead, the highest-paid coach in the NBA (shouldn't this hypocrite be redistributing all his wealth, BTW?) told the world how little he cares about his job.
    Oh good God.

Yeah that's good also.
    And you don't think Pop believes what you stated. You say and write what you feel at the time. He was not preparing for a debate. You are still sore about Pop on Trump. Which is understandable.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    No it seems bashing Donald Trump is, lol. Pop is one of the games greatest coaches, but if he lacks the fire for another NBA le maybe he should just retire.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Pop's not stupid. The best player on the spurs is a glorified role player. The contending days are over, might as well paint himself in a good light and pretend he's chasing higher causes, when in fact he knows the spurs are doomed and Kiwi won't lead them past the 2nd round.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So for you the 1st goal of any human being is to be productive at their job and strive for excellence???

Man, you need to chill and enjoy life a bit...

Thread Information