Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would really like him to be in it....he'd probably wouldn't win but I'd like to see what tricks he'd have up his sleeve

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When was the last time the Spurs have a player there?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think I can recall there ever being one tbh....at least in a Spurs uniform haha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has definite hops to make a few highlights.
    It would be fun.

Bear Hug Defense
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    : 'Dunks will not be tolerated. Jonathon needs to learn his role on this team.'

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He only looks like a candidate to us because he's the only Spurs player we've had who dunks on a regular basis in the Pop era. Stick him on another team, and he's just a run of the mill dunker, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He only looks like a candidate to us because he's the only Spurs player we've had who dunks on a regular basis in the Pop era. Stick him on another team, and he's just a run of the mill dunker, tbh.
    That is true...
    He hasn't had real tricky stuff that we have seen.. but he can jump out of the gym... It would just be fun to see if he has tricks and stuff like that.

He is in the regular rotation at this point, and has highlights nightly, enough to get noticed. I don't know how they select guys for that though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons is a leaper..He's not yhat great o f a jumper. He wont be able to put enough air to beat Gordon or Lavine.

Anyone who joins the dunk contest this year is either desperate for money or just want some exposure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons is a leaper..He's not yhat great o f a jumper. He wont be able to put enough air to beat Gordon or Lavine.

Anyone who joins the dunk contest this year is either desperate for money or just want some exposure.
    Both
    exposure and money are great for a guy like him. He's making peanuts right now. It's unknown if Gordon or Lavine will do it again... They are actually considering not doing it.. (Lavine at least and Gordon is undecided...) Heck, even if he doesn't win, if he got an invite he should go for it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nobody will beat Lavine...but it'd be nice to see what he can do without him thinking about Pop haha

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both
    exposure and money are great for a guy like him. He's making peanuts right now. It's unknown if Gordon or Lavine will do it again... They are actually considering not doing it.. (Lavine at least and Gordon is undecided...) Heck, even if he doesn't win, if he got an invite he should go for it.
    I saw a video of Lavine doing a 360 from the free throw line this year....he will go for the three peat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw a video of Lavine doing a 360 from the free throw line this year....he will go for the three peat
    lol
    I saw a news report from him over the summer stating he was moving past that... but hey... If he still has new stuff to show... I love a good show as much as anyone.

As I said, I agreed Jsimms likely would not win it, but all of exposure, money, etc will be good for him. He's putting highlight dunks nightly.

I thought of the sop re game, but in reality his scoring is extremely inconsistent and he has too many low scoring games to get noticed for the rook/sop re game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is true...
    He hasn't had real tricky stuff that we have seen.. but he can jump out of the gym... It would just be fun to see if he has tricks and stuff like that.

He is in the regular rotation at this point, and has highlights nightly, enough to get noticed. I don't know how they select guys for that though.
    I mean, we did have Derek Anderson in '00-01 season and he had some athleticism and dunked on occasion but nothing special so I'll give Simmons credit that he's more explosive than he was at that time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody will beat Lavine...but it'd be nice to see what he can do without him thinking about Pop haha

Simmons would do his first dunk, then take the ball away from Lavine and do his second.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons 67-12 (0.106 WS/48 and 0.4 VORP)
    Gordon 55-91 (0.105 WS/48 and 1.6 VORP in more than 2x as many games)
    LaVine 49-129 (0.033 WS/48 and -0.5 VORP)

Yes, Simmons is a lot older and surrounded by far better talent, but Gordon and LaVine have a long way to go before coming relevant in the league. They're just posturing. They'll maybe take a year off and be back as they need the publicity as much as Simmons.

Simmons' summer league MVP is more than either of these guys have accomplished and that's not saying much. They'd smoke him in the dunk contest but jury is still out on both.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    : 'Dunks will not be tolerated. Jonathon needs to learn his role on this team.'

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons 67-12 (0.106 WS/48 and 0.4 VORP)
    Gordon 55-91 (0.105 WS/48 and 1.6 VORP in more than 2x as many games)
    LaVine 49-129 (0.033 WS/48 and -0.5 VORP)

Yes, Simmons is a lot older and surrounded by far better talent, but Gordon and LaVine have a long way to go before coming relevant in the league. They're just posturing. They'll maybe take a year off and be back as they need the publicity as much as Simmons.

Simmons' summer league MVP is more than either of these guys have accomplished and that's not saying much. They'd smoke him in the dunk contest but jury is still out on both.
    sdc champion >> summer league mvp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cadillac Anderson in 88 and Edgar Jones in 84

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get the feel that Simmons is the kind of guy who is a better in game dunker than a contest one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Screw Jonathon. I'd like to see Kyle in the dunk contest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't you have to be among leaders in total dunks for consideration?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sdc champion >> summer league mvp
    One of these two actually involves playing basketball well over several games with nobody drafted above 30th on your roster. Yes, people remember SDC champs but if you're not otherwise good at basketball it doesn't get you paid.

And agree with others Simmons is a better in game dunker. Fearless of dunking in traffic.

Thread Information